FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 11, 2017

Kinzer Motorsports and Shane McDowell Racing Form Partnership for 2017 Season!

(ALLEN, KENTUCKY) Kinzer Motorsports and Shane McDowell Racing (SMR) have jointly announced today that they have formed a partnership heading into the 2017 racing season. Essentially, the two Super Late Model teams will share resources, sponsorship, and crew members for drivers Brandon Kinzer and Dale McDowell. Kinzer Motorsports will remain located in Allen, Kentucky for the time being, while the newly-formed Shane McDowell Racing (SMR) team will be headquartered at Richard Childress Racing in Welcome, North Carolina.

“I am thrilled with this alliance that we have formed with Shane McDowell Racing and it should be fruitful for all parties,” quoted Brandon Kinzer recently. “I have been friends with Dale and Shane for a long time and I really admire how they handle themselves both on and off the racetrack. With different businesses and family obligations taking up the bulk of my time, I just don’t have the time to race like I need to and like you have to these days to keep up with everything that is going on with these cars. Aligning ourselves with Dale and Shane will not only help their program with added resources, but it will strengthen Kinzer Motorsports as well being in the same equipment and having their expertise and experience at our disposal.”

As he did successfully for the second half of the 2016 season with five special event wins, Dale will once again wheel a #17m Sweet-Bloomquist racecar in 2017, which will be powered by both Clements Racing Engines and ECR Engines. Brandon will follow suit by utilizing the same chassis/engine combination for his #18 ride. The primary marketing partners for both Kinzer Motorsports and Shane McDowell Racing will be Textron Off Road (Formerly Bad Boy Off Road), Kinzer Drilling Company, Quality Natural Gas, Will Kinzer Foundation, Klotz Lubricants, Cometic Gasket, New Era Industrial, and Boyd’s Speedway.

“This is going to be a huge transition year for everyone involved, but I am really looking forward to it,” exclaimed SMR owner Shane McDowell. “There are still a lot of unknowns on how everything is going to exactly shake out between both of our teams, but there are enough good people and resources involved to make it all work. I am grateful that the Kinzer family thought enough of our program to want to be involved and hopefully myself and Dale can make a positive impact on the #18 team as well.”

With the 2017 season right around the corner for both teams, a lot of work and preparation will take place before they unload their respective machines at the racetrack. Dale plans to kick off his ’17 campaign on Saturday, January 28 in the annual running of the ‘Cabin Fever 40’ at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia. From there, the #17m team will venture south to Screven Motor Speedway in Sylvania, Georgia and Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville, Florida in February to take part in “Speedweeks.” Depending on when his new Sweet-Bloomquist racecar is completed, Brandon will open up his 2017 season later in the spring.

“I am excited to be a part of all of this and can’t wait for our season to get underway,” Dale McDowell stated today via telephone. “Me and Shane are both very thankful to the Kinzer family for reinforcing our program and I think we can be a big help to their racing operation as well. I am really looking forward to working with (Kinzer Motorsports crew members) Jimmy Cabral and Todd Moser. I have known those guys forever since the old Hav-A-Tampa days, so it will be neat to have them associated with our team as well. Nothing but good can come from this partnership and I think big things are in store for both teams!”

Both Kinzer Motorsports and Shane McDowell Racing (SMR) would like to thank the following marketing partners for their support: Textron Off Road, Kinzer Drilling Company, Quality Natural Gas, Will Kinzer Foundation, Klotz Lubricants, Cometic Gasket, New Era Recycling Solutions, Boyd’s Speedway, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Clements Racing Engines, ECR Engines, FK Rod Ends, Penske Racing Shocks, TWM Racing Products, FSR Racing Products, Keyser Manufacturing, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, Hoosier Racing Tires, Five Star Racecar Bodies, Performance Bodies, ButlerBuilt Seat Systems, Peterson Fluid Systems, Racing Optics, GW Performance, Winters Performance Products, Quarter Master, Allstar Performance, Schoenfeld Headers, Sweet Mfg., Mark 4 Honda, Lithium Batteries, Delph Communications, and Wilwood Engineering.

Additional information concerning Kinzer Motorsports, Shane McDowell Racing, and Dale McDowell can be found online at www.BrandonKinzer.com, www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com, and www.DaleMcDowell.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com