Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You may bring in coolers. No glass bottles and we ask that you keep the coolers within reasonable size so that they do not interfere or block isles in respect of other attendees. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    EB used to have the market kind of cornered and could get away with the prices they have set. Now with DLM racing basically all year around it doesn't make sense. Plus back in the late 90s you were getting 80 plus cars that were cream of the crop. They will certainly get my $ again considering I have free room 10 mins down the road. As far as GIS goes that price is just amazing. We only have one track around me that allows carry ins and that's FALS... Certainly doesn't hurt the wallet as bad.
    Same here....I asked the lady at the pit gate was I lost and at DIS! lol

Both are local tracks for me, and without a doubt EB has the best racing. GIS refuses to make their track more racy!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

If it looks to good to be true then it usually is. Trackside Parking - $20/spot/night
    That makes admission for Friday $30 and Saturday $35, that is if you're going by yourself. Best bet would be load up a group of buddies and split the cost of the parking.

http://www.gisdirt.com/superbowl/
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-12-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    C103 Country your home for local dirt track racing.
    http://www.c103.fm
    http://www.facebook.com/c103racing

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If it looks to good to be true then it usually is. Trackside Parking - $20/spot/night
    That makes admission for Friday $30 and Saturday $35, that is if you're going by yourself. Best bet would be load up a group of buddies and split the cost of the parking.

http://www.gisdirt.com/superbowl/
    That is incorrect. Trackside parking is for the spots along the fence on the backstretch and turns 3 and 4. With those spots you can back your truck in and watch the races from the bed of your truck.

If you are sitting in the grandstands you park in the dirt lot betw the grandstands and Post Rd. That parking is free.

When you put in Golden Isles Speedway into Google maps , what are all the cars parked in the parking lots for but nothing is going on at the track the time that the photo was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    When you put in Golden Isles Speedway into Google maps , what are all the cars parked in the parking lots for but nothing is going on at the track the time that the photo was taken.
    The track owns that land and rents it out to the port. Those are brand new cars on their way to dealerships.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That is a parking area that they lease to International Auto Processing to park new Kias and Hyundais that are imported in at the port in Brunswick. Overflow parking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    That is incorrect. Trackside parking is for the spots along the fence on the backstretch and turns 3 and 4. With those spots you can back your truck in and watch the races from the bed of your truck.

If you are sitting in the grandstands you park in the dirt lot betw the grandstands and Post Rd. That parking is free.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Hope they have a great turnout because they'll need it with the prices that low.
    C103 Country your home for local dirt track racing.
    http://www.c103.fm
    http://www.facebook.com/c103racing

East Bay is ripping off the fans and have been for many years for these Winter Nationals. If you don't mind that's your choice. Either the admissions should be cheaper or the purses larger, and that's the truth.

I thought about going a couple years but never did.

Default Golden Isle Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Pretty sure those admission prices are the prices for kids.
    This is a track always wanted to go to was planning to go there last year my husband and I had always wanted to travel around to different track and we did some but my husband got very sick last March and died . So i will be going to some track hopefully in 2017 with someone who like dirt track racing like me .Have not been on this site in awhile my husband was on it every day. Things can change in your life with in a day. God, give us each day a gift it Life!

Why can't all tracks do this? Tracks would be packed. I usually eat before I get to track but will be happy to eat at track and support their concession, even if they raise prices on concession items.

Quote Originally Posted by CGF View Post
    I enjoyed E B back when they did time trials at noon an worked the track .Then had feature races that night ..gate price was beond gouging..yet i kept going until ..well I had enough . This thread is to praise and show appreciation to GIS . NOT BASH OTHER TRACKS. I bet it get little response because the trolls are busy ... If I were bitching about price...100 replies in an hour ya dig..
    I agree! Qualifying at noon and reworking the track produced the best racing. Then they stopped doing it because of laziness because they didn't want to prep the track twice.

All reserved camping sold out!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber525 View Post
    This is a track always wanted to go to was planning to go there last year my husband and I had always wanted to travel around to different track and we did some but my husband got very sick last March and died . So i will be going to some track hopefully in 2017 with someone who like dirt track racing like me .Have not been on this site in awhile my husband was on it every day. Things can change in your life with in a day. God, give us each day a gift it Life!
    My condolences to you for the loss of your husband. Good luck on your travel plans for 2017 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    My condolences to you for the loss of your husband. Good luck on your travel plans for 2017 and beyond.
    ditto God Bless
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

You've got to admit that Golden Isles Speedway is providing the BEST deal in dirt track racing, no ifs, ands, or buts.
    If fans have a reason to support any particular track, this track earns that right!

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Sorry for the loss of your husband. Stay strong and enjoy the races that you attend as im sure your late hisband would want you to. He will be there with you watching from up above!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!