Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Golden Isles Speedway grandstand admission prices!!!

$10.00 /10,000 to win Lucas
    $15.00 /12,000 to win Lucas
    and you can bring your coolers in ... Im very impressed . Not 35 plus parking for a 5000 to win 25 lap race . My speed weeks trip just got closer to my house. Good job GIS...

That's unreal! Now they just need to move about 3 of the 6 EB dates there instead
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I enjoyed E B back when they did time trials at noon an worked the track .Then had feature races that night ..gate price was beond gouging..yet i kept going until ..well I had enough . This thread is to praise and show appreciation to GIS . NOT BASH OTHER TRACKS. I bet it get little response because the trolls are busy ... If I were bitching about price...100 replies in an hour ya dig..

EB used to have the market kind of cornered and could get away with the prices they have set. Now with DLM racing basically all year around it doesn't make sense. Plus back in the late 90s you were getting 80 plus cars that were cream of the crop. They will certainly get my $ again considering I have free room 10 mins down the road. As far as GIS goes that price is just amazing. We only have one track around me that allows carry ins and that's FALS... Certainly doesn't hurt the wallet as bad.

Plus add in all the improvements that Golden Isles has done over the last couple years. GI is doing it right with low admission and multiple classes. Can't wait to get there, just hope the weather isn't as wet as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    EB used to have the market kind of cornered and could get away with the prices they have set. Now with DLM racing basically all year around it doesn't make sense. Plus back in the late 90s you were getting 80 plus cars that were cream of the crop. They will certainly get my $ again considering I have free room 10 mins down the road. As far as GIS goes that price is just amazing. We only have one track around me that allows carry ins and that's FALS... Certainly doesn't hurt the wallet as bad.
    I didn't know you could bring a cooler into the stands at Fairbury. I've never seen it.

Pretty sure those admission prices are the prices for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Not according to the website

http://www.gisdirt.com/superbowl/

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    I didn't know you could bring a cooler into the stands at Fairbury. I've never seen it.
    Not sure about coolers but I know you can't carry in beer.

FALS and Farmer City have parking inside the facility, and you just walk back to your car and get food and drink. FC used to allow coolers in the stands, but that ended years ago.

Thumbs up

Now that's good promoting. Place should be packed.
    8/13/16

thank you golden isle!!!!
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

No I messaged the Facebook page and they stated those prices were correct!

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    They won't let you carry in a cooler or beer in a can/bottle but they will let you bring in mugs. We have 64oz ones and I've seen bigger. Usually run to the campsite and refill couple times a night. Sometimes I have to check DOD the next day to make sure the racing was actually as good as I thought it was lol

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Not sure about coolers but I know you can't carry in beer.
    Mixed drinks as well as long as it's in a cup or a mug

All I can say is I hope they have a lot of people at those prices, gonna be hard to make it work and still make a profit

I'm sure they know the demographics for the area. Affordable for an entire
    Family to attend, maybe even both nights. The back gate will do good. Get the front gate in volume/including concessions.

I know they have installed an upper deck of seating above the new ones (old Daytona backstretch) they put in for last year. Plenty of seats, hope they fill em up.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    I thought the same because they had a heading/post pertaining to posting childerns admission . This is the reply I got ..
    Hey Jerry. Pricing for adults on Feb 10 is $10 and Feb 11 is $15. The pricing information that has been posted to facebook is correct. Thank you GIS

I will spend money at that track that I normally wouldn't . The back gate is a little heavy but thats kind of hard to say pulling up in a 300,000 rig