Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moyer

Centeroff, you are an idiot! 21 of Bobby's 25 wins last season were at least $5,000 to win. Get your facts straight.

Someone smoking again I ve seen 2500 to win shows have higher car counts then 10 k events and does it really matter
    Last edited by calverton; 01-13-2017 at 12:00 PM.

32racer, Not that the 32 in your addy has anything to do with Bobby Pierce or anything but how many wins did he have for "more" than 5k outside the state of Illinois? Lemme add this, I don't care what Bobby has scheduled because several of the major races he had scheduled last year, he didn't show. Bobby can wheel a car without a doubt but he isn't on JDs level yet. He is still young and hammer down. Bobby is the king of Illinois and tracks with bite and as good as they get at Eldora But those dry slick tracks without a cushion always give him problems. He is gonna dominate when he learns that slower is faster at times. Pierce fans get butthurt with the best of em but nothing wrong with loyalty.
    Last edited by Centeroff; 01-15-2017 at 12:48 AM.

does it really matter oh by the way who won the the n/s 100 and the world, and right now jd is in unproven chassis and seems like bobby is doing ok out west , what happened to jd at the chili bowl

bobby may pick up another 100k plus today what will jd and other drivers get today

o boy this year will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    It seems to me superman ain't so super without their trickery...Bobby on the other hand still continues to improve lap after lap...the comment about Bobby not being in Davenports league made me chuckle...Davenport had 1 year where he dominated using what now has been outlawed...prior to and after he hasn't done too much to talk about...in my opinion he's not even close to being in bobbys league
    Yes 2nd place on Lucas tour is pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty. Let me know when bobby runs on the national tour full time

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    .there have been several great drivers that don't tour..
    I guess Moyer would be one, trying to think of a few more.

@ 68 I've still got it too but the Doc sez with any luck this new medicine will help me get rid of it.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Yes 2nd place on Lucas tour is pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty. Let me know when bobby runs on the national tour full time
    National tour, National tour, why would the Pierce's dumb up enough to run a National tour? Bobby made more money than 90% of the Tour Guys and spent less traveling. The only reason most of those guys on the national tours are there, is because they don't have good paying regional races. Bobby only ran 3 races that paid under 5K to win last year. That was to pad UMP National points, who's point fund, more than made up the difference. They don't win, because they are lucky, but because they are smart. He started LOLM a couple years ago to make a name, but found out Their dollars and cents, didn't make sense. Even making a name there, didn't make sense. Everyone knows his name, with out the tour. Why do you suppose guys like Moyer, Birky, Mars, Moran, Vanwormer, Phillips, Jackson jr, Stoval, Simpson, Brady Smith and Darren Miller stayed or went back to regional racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    National tour, National tour, why would the Pierce's dumb up enough to run a National tour? Bobby made more money than 90% of the Tour Guys and spent less traveling. The only reason most of those guys on the national tours are there, is because they don't have good paying regional races. Bobby only ran 3 races that paid under 5K to win last year. That was to pad UMP National points, who's point fund, more than made up the difference. They don't win, because they are lucky, but because they are smart. He started LOLM a couple years ago to make a name, but found out Their dollars and cents, didn't make sense. Even making a name there, didn't make sense. Everyone knows his name, with out the tour. Why do you suppose guys like Moyer, Birky, Mars, Moran, Vanwormer, Phillips, Jackson jr, Stoval, Simpson, Brady Smith and Darren Miller stayed or went back to regional racing?
    I was just pointing out he hasn't won nation tour title. Some saying jd not (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) because he came in 2nd LOLM. Yes LOLM is not easy task best top racer every week. Speaks lot more. Plus most them guys you named have won a major tour national tour.

Him winning the races he has in last week he has done great job. But last year competition was much deeper.

Birky and Brady Smith come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    I was just pointing out he hasn't won nation tour title. Some saying jd not (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) because he came in 2nd LOLM. Yes LOLM is not easy task best top racer every week. Speaks lot more. Plus most them guys you named have won a major tour national tour.
    I understand that. I was just pointing out, they where not Stupid enough to throw money away for prestige.

Billy Drake comes to mind

I understand that. I was just pointing out, they where not Stupid enough to throw money away for prestige.
    Your are correct Bubstr. I just look at tour players are just that. They join a touring series just to get a provisional. That is why I don' like prov. race your way in. Your just taking a spot away from a better driver that day!!!!

Well you are right, also say if bobby did run full tour and win. He would be same boat as Scott and jd and many more at end of the year. Having parts ban that gives them leg up. If jd and Kevin didn't win nation tour or run full schedule. That little part they came up with would been around a little longer. When you get rules changed and parts ban, you have made history. Im not Scott hater or biggest fan but that what makes him one the goats.

bobby pierce probably came a lot better than bloomer or kid rocket due the fact less traveling

Calverton, how can Pierce come out a lot better than zero or Richards when they have major sponsors that pay for everything on the car down to nuts, washers and bolts. Pierce doesn't have the same sponsorship opportunities as Scott or Josh!

simple closer to home and race more times , and by the way, he has an alarm clock also lol and forgot one more thing more starts
    Last edited by calverton; 01-16-2017 at 07:09 AM.