Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jd @ cb

we all know he did he really likes midget wrestlers or is that cirf that likes midget wrestlers

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    So much of racing has become a hobby race, instead of professional. Midgets are one of these hobby cars. Everything will eventually be hobby races, as pay out has not matched money spent and the devide is getting larger.
    Dirt racing already is a hobby sport. The overwhelming majority of dirt racers in all divisions are doing it for fun. The number of actual professional drivers in dirt racing is probably less than one hundred, and that again is across all divisions.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Do you also feel that the IMCA Supernationals should pay 30k?
    I fell like the payout should be commensurate with the prestige of the event, the number of spectators, entries, and passes sold, and the challenge of beating over 300 of the best competitors in the the midget world. The Golden Driller trophy is a career-defining achievement. The promoters and facility absolutely pack the venue for 4 nights. It's televised every year, and draws in ringers from across the racing world. Why can't the event pay more than the average touring race for non-winged sprinters, winged sprinters, lates, bb mods? There have been one-off races for support classes that pay far in excess of 10k, with nowhere near the field. The guys who win deserve a bit more than 10k. Just my opinion. If you don't agree, we can agree to disagree.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Why would they pay more? The purpose of higher pay is to bring in more drivers and teams, which in turn brings in fans and money. This race drew over 300 cars, and packed the house for 5 nights. More money would be nice for the racers, but as a promoter, it would make no sense, and for the drivers, I think they would come to this race for free.

It is in direct conflict with DLM racing, where the racers have come to count on the money before going to the races. I wonder, how many would go to the World 100 if the purse was the same as the Chili Bowl?
    The purses started out similarly. The difference is Earl upped the anted every year, and Tulsa flat-lined the purse. My point of view is from the driver's and team's standpoint. The promoter can continue to lowball the purse, and if they continue to draw the cars, more power to them. Gordon Gecko said it best: " Greed is good."

yeah that 1 k a year really drew the cars the purse now is better for the world and Dream but yet the car counts are not near what they use to be now explain that

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    you betcha it s all about the globe like its all about the golden driller not the purse if was aboy the purse the Dream and DTWC would have more cars
    Why not just race for free then?

The World/Dream/DTWC don't have more cars because the cost of racing has skyrocketed. Trick parts, trick noses, 50k wide bore engines, lightweight alloy everything have made it hard for many folks to continue fielding a team. Hard to justify travel, fuel, maintenance, pit passes, entries for an event on a big track that the average racer has about 1 percent chance of making. When overall costs were down, more guys attended. Many of them knew they had no shot, but went for the feel of the event, to have a good time, etc. I remember the first couple of DTWC's at KC/Atomic had really big fields. Costs were down, the track was smaller, and the location lent it self to a reasonable haul for a lot of regional guys.

You also forgot that the promoters of both events have grown them over the years, and have increased the purse to go along with the prestige. More money, in theory, helps defray the costs for the best teams to show up and run. While racing costs have outstripped the purses, the promoters have at least paid lip service to these costs by increasing the purse. The stands are always packed, and I doubt Earl, Carl, and Tony haven't come out a good deal ahead on any of the Dream/WorldDTWC's over the past 20+ years. They haven't gone to the poorhouse in giving the racers an increased purse over the years.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 01-15-2017 at 04:22 PM.

yeah that 1 k a year really drew the cars the purse now is better for the world and Dream but yet the car counts are not near what they use to be now explain that
    See above, although with your limited powers of deductive reasoning, I doubt you'll follow.

yeah you edited your post yeah guess what the gate cost has dang near tripled also for the dream or world and their might race going besides there that weekend if you were at the world how many open trailers or small rigs did you see many teams can't stay for that length of time either no sleeping quarters might have job they must attend to
    Last edited by calverton; 01-15-2017 at 04:35 PM.

the world just like the tulsa midget race has nothing to with the purse heck kunz might of broke even with the entry fees and pit passes he had to dish out

yeah you edited your post yeah guess what the gate cost has dang near tripled also for the dream or world and their might race going besides there that weekend if you were at the world how many open trailers or small rigs did you see many teams can't stay for that length of time either no sleeping quarters might have job they must attend to
    Which all goes back to my earlier point that the purse has flatlined for a supposed Crown Jewel event. Are admission prices still the same? Nope. Are fuel costs? Nope. Are travel costs? Nope. Hotels? Nope. Engines, chassis, parts, tires, etc.? Nope. Entry fees? Nope. Yet, the promoter still pays the same. Where's all that extra money going? None to the guys who provide the entertainment. Color me shocked that you couldn't grasp my point. I'm sure some unpunctuated, rambling, incomprehensible response is coming...

the world has not flat-lined in fact it grown a large margin which means a lot of drivers getting paid isn't that what you want the chili yes the purse should grow but its not about the pay either its about the trophy get it its about the trophy

Same thing with the low purses at IMCA's Boone Nationals every year. You're there all week busting a$$ to try and get in the big Modified main. If you do and run up front you get a couple grand and your engine is automatically claimed. Hundreds of cars there and you're racing for bragging rights and a trophy. Nobody ever said this sport made the most sense.

I agree payout should be much much much more.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

but it doesn't guarantee anything

Only a fool would pay more when they don't need to. Why would they? 375 cars and sold out stands, they may be paying to much to begin with.

All I can say about last nites race is thank God my Lucas Oil tv subscription is still good! The feature was a snoozer!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!