Default Fuel cell illegal or legal??

According to rules for touring series Is this cell legal? This is a MB Customs/Mastersbilt Fuel Safe cell with top outlet and cage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crash101; 01-15-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Gotta have foam and a soft bladder IIRC... can't see the pic as this site's software isn't Mac friendly.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

To the best of my knowledge:

many Fuel Safe BLADDERS (i said bladders) are FIA-FT3 certified. you can verify this by removing the bladder from the can, it should be marked according to the guidelines published by FIA with a tag and an expiration date (5 years from date of manufacturing).

It does specify: "Unless specifically waived by the FIA, all fuel bladders shall be supplied with a suitable fuel resistant polyurethane foam baffling, conforming to Mil Spec MIL-B 83054, SAE-AIR-4170 or equivalent. This foam shall fill a minimum of 80 % of the volume of the fuel bladder" To my knowledge no waiver exists for any homologation relative to our industry.

To answer your question (to the best of my knowledge), if your bladder is certified and less than 5 years old AND you apply the specified foam it should be legal according to the unified bulletin.

We were told it didn't need foam if the bladder was hard.. We just picked up a new Fuel Safe cell yesterday.. They really need to get these questions addressed soon to the racers who aren't following their series.. Us guys out there who want to bring our cars up to spec have no idea whats going on..

"We were told it didn't need foam if the bladder was hard.. We just picked up a new Fuel Safe cell yesterday.. They really need to get these questions addressed soon to the racers who aren't following their series.. Us guys out there who want to bring our cars up to spec have no idea whats going on.."

Not trying to be a smartass, but I am confused by what you said in the quoted above. You say you aren't following their series so why do you care if the cell would be legal with their rules?

I ask because I race IMCA Late Model and thankfully IMCA didn't adopt these fuel cell rules, so as long as my Barry Wright cell (side pickup and no foam) is legal in my series I do not care that it wouldn't be legal in Lucas/WoO/Mars/MLRA.

His comment means he's not a regular guy in the tour. Like a lot of late model racers, Lucas or WOO will be at tracks in the area where we race. Just want to be legal for the rules so you can run the races in your area.

Crash101 is right.. Sorry I'm a country boy and don't express myself to well.. haha

No problem, it's cool. I was just confused by what you wrote.

This is the cell i was trying to post at beginning of thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's an rci, it has a polyethylene bladder and will not cert to ft3. So no it's not legal