Default Chili Bowl May Have To Expand To 6 Nights.

On Wednesday of Chili Bowl week race fans have the opportunity to board a bus at the main entrance of the Expo Center and be taken out to The Zink Ranch which is about a 1/2 hour North of Tulsa. I would strongly recommend anyone attending The Chili Bowl to take advantage of this opportunity for several reasons. It's a beautiful place to see and there is a museum containing many of the racecars that Jack Zink owned. One of the cars in the museum won the Indy 500 in the mid 1950's. They feed you a great spaghetti lunch and show a short informative video about the Zink Ranch.

Emmett Hahn, promoter of The Chili Bowl, presides over a question and answer period towards the end of the tour. One of the questions put to Mr. Hahn was in light of the fact that in 2017 there were 375 cars total and over 90 cars run on each of the preliminary qualifying nights, would there be yet another prelim night added to the 4 nights they already run. Mr. Hahn didn't categorically say yes but the implication was unmistakable and he dam sure didn't say no.

How big, coveted and prestigious can this event get? At some point will they be forced to limit entries?

Glad to hear that you had such a MOST EXCELLANT tour while "LIVEN on TULSA TIME' !!!!

If you run the first night it is a long wait until the finals on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    If you run the first night it is a long wait until the finals on Saturday
    It really is a long time. As with Kyle Larson this year his prelim qualifying night was Tuesday and we didn't see him back on the track until 7 PM on Saturday night.

Not sure what the answer is. In his question and answer period at the Zink Ranch Emmet indirectly indicated that limiting entries wasn't the way they wanted to go. The Chili Bowl has become such an iconic event that any drastic changes to process and protocol would probably be a bit risky.

Even if they have to run 8 nights we'll be there!! LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-21-2017 at 01:04 PM.

They should have a 20 lapper each night the boys already qualified for the feature and the drivers that had a good night each night. Maybe 2 grand to win to work their way into the big feature night. I'm so excited by what I've read and seen of this event that I may drop by next year.