Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Happy Birthday To An American Racing Mega Icon

Happy birthday to Mr. Anthony Joseph Foyt Jr.!! A.J. is 82 years old today. Some proclaim A.J. is the greatest driver that ever lived. He won driving everything he ever competed in. A.J. Foyt is not only an American Icon but he's a National Treasure.

Rock on A.J. We wish you many, many more!!

Happy Birthday AJ
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Surprise to see this thread. He is close friends with the hated Tony Stewart. AJ is the greatest.

Happy Birthday AJ! You are a true American Icon!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I don't know who A.J. is good friends with and it's seriously doubtful you know, either.

What I do know is on his very best day stewy couldn't carry A.J.'s/Mario's helmet bag.

Have ya' grown a set yet? LOL!!

WOW, didn't realize he was that old... Sat in a bar with him and Davey Hamilton pouring down beers and AJ was buying most of them... Don't remember the occasion and frankly don't remember how I got home either...LOL It was the Holiday Inn on 51st in Phoenix when it was the ole NASCAR headquarters.... Probably the most fun I had at a PIR race and I went to about 5 of them... Happy Birthday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Surprise to see this thread. He is close friends with the hated Tony Stewart. AJ is the greatest.
    and didn't we see Tony working at the chili bowl wth lol

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I don't know who A.J. is good friends with and it's seriously doubtful you know, either.

What I do know is on his very best day stewy couldn't carry A.J.'s/Mario's helmet bag.

Have ya' grown a set yet? LOL!!
    Complete nonsense. You apparently have no idea about Foyt. If you don't know about his relationship with Stewart then you are not any kind of an AJ Foyt fan. Foyt and Penske said Stewart is at least as good as Foyt if not better. He had to call Stewart to Indy to help straighten out his two drivers a few years back. He told them neither one knew how to get speed at Indy. Brought Stewart in and got 6-8 miles an hour out both cars. Stewart and Foyt are the best over all racers of their generation. They are also two peas in a pod. I am taking the time to help you see past your Hate Stewart Fog.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    and didn't we see Tony working at the chili bowl wth lol
    Stewart is a champion for the sport of dirt car racing all the way around. He has given his life to it.
    Frankly I hope he doesn't regret it someday.

very true him Schrader and Kenny Wallace

Happy Birthday A.J. and he one of the greatest driver to ever live. The man could wheel anything!!

You apparently have no idea about Foyt. If you don't know about his relationship with Stewart then you are not any kind of an AJ Foyt fan.
    I don't pretend to know about A.J.'s relationships. I realize you fancy yourself as having inside scoop on these things. We've been reading about it for years. I do know this. Roger Penske and A.J. Foyt won't agree on anything, least of all stewy. As far as A.J.'s drivers at Indy are concerned he hasn't really had one since the days of Kenny Brack and Donnie Beechler so he could bring in a clone reincarnation of Ted Horn to straighten them out and it wouldn't do much good!!

Stewart is a champion for the sport of dirt car racing all the way around. He has given his life to it.
    Frankly I hope he doesn't regret it someday.
    He may already regret it if things don't go his way up in New York. LOLOL!!!!

A.J. Foyt or Mario Andretti were not prone to wrecking other drivers intentionally or acting out as boarder line psychopaths. A.J., like Jack Hewitt and Sheldon Kinser, would settle up after the event was over if need be, but they were smart enough and in control enough that they didn't put other drivers lives in danger. stewy did, and that's a FACT.

Those aforementioned guys weren't flaming hypocrite's, either. stewy is.

I repeat, stewy on his best day couldn't carry A.J.'s or Mario's helmet bag.

Have ya' grown a set yet?! LOL!!

Thank you ! I was just about to comment how that Stew couldn't carry Mario Andrettis jock strap. A.J. nor Mario didn't have to put on a show for the cameras like Stew always had to do.
    Last edited by Raceready; 01-16-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Stewart is a great racer pure and simple. I will defer to the many auto racing heroes who subscribe to this fact, and it is a matter of record. This would be in lieu of a racing board poster who simply hates him. I think you can see my reasoning here. Right? I would also be pretty sure that you did not see all that much of Foyt's career unless you are my age, which i doubt. Foyt and Stewart raced the same, and were both known to be snarly to reporters. Foyt once said. Stewart and I have to be related some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Thank you ! I was just about to comment how that Stew couldn't carry Mario Andrettis jock strap. A.J. nor Mario didn't have to put on a shoe for the cameras like Stew always had to do.
    LOLOLOL!!!! AJ and Mario have both publicly disagreed with this opinion. But truth is in the eye of the beholder or in this case racing board poster.

I didn't see where either Stew or A.J. were victorious at Pikes Peak like Mario was ?

Met AJ when my buddy and I were on our bikes around 1960 and we spotted a midget sitting in a neighborhood driveway... turned out he was driving for a local Milwaukee car owner and they were getting ready to run a USAC midget show at Hales Corners Speedway...

Happy Birthday AJ!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I didn't see where either Stew or A.J. were victorious at Pikes Peak like Mario was ?
    OH, well this settles it for sure. LOLOLOLOL
    Oh wait, what are we trying to settle? Not sure
    Did I say that Mario was not a great driver? Lets be clear. He certainly was./smile

and your point is

Stewart is a great racer pure and simple. I will defer to the many auto racing heroes who subscribe to this fact, and it is a matter of record. This would be in lieu of a racing board poster who simply hates him. I think you can see my reasoning here. Right? I would also be pretty sure that you did not see all that much of Foyt's career unless you are my age, which i doubt. Foyt and Stewart raced the same, and were both known to be snarly to reporters. Foyt once said. Stewart and I have to be related some how.
    I'm old enough to remember plenty of A.J.s career. I was in the stands the day that A.J. run and won his final race at The Springfield Mile. I know as much about A.J.'s career as you do. And what I know is that he didn't pull borderline psychopathic stunts on the racetrack at speed and put peoples lives in danger way beyond the inherent, normal levels of driving a racecar. If A.J. had a problem with someone he looked them up on foot, unlike stewy. He's also not a hypocrite like stewy and you.

If you're going to invoke stewy into birthday greetings to one of the best racers of all time don't bitch about some erroneously perceived hatred.

I also remember well when A.J. was asked by Robin Miller who of the present day drivers could have been successful in A.J.'s prime and without hesitation A.J. said Jeff Gordon. We'll see if you take umbrage with that assessment! Bbbbwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!

Grown a set yet, power boy?
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-21-2017 at 12:24 PM.