Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    WOW, didn't realize he was that old... Sat in a bar with him and Davey Hamilton pouring down beers and AJ was buying most of them... Don't remember the occasion and frankly don't remember how I got home either...LOL It was the Holiday Inn on 51st in Phoenix when it was the ole NASCAR headquarters.... Probably the most fun I had at a PIR race and I went to about 5 of them... Happy Birthday!!!
    It was the Copper Classic and I drove.

Well I know who AJ DIDN'T like........Arie Luyendyk. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I'm old enough to remember plenty of A.J.s career. I was in the stands the day that A.J. run and won his final race at The Springfield Mile. I know as much about A.J.'s career as you do. And what I know is that he didn't pull borderline psychopathic stunts on the racetrack at speed and put peoples lives in danger way beyond the inherent, normal levels of driving a racecar. If A.J. had a problem with someone he looked them up on foot, unlike stewy. He's also not a hypocrite like stewy and you.

If you're going to invoke stewy into birthday greetings to one of the best racers of all time don't bitch about some erroneously perceived hatred.

I also remember well when A.J. was asked by Robin Miller who of the present day drivers could have been successful in A.J.'s prime and without hesitation A.J. said Jeff Gordon. We'll see if you take umbrage with that assessment! Bbbbwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!

Grown a set yet, power boy?

You are a psychopath. WOW!!!! BTW you don't remember squat. You are a keyboard poster that does nothing but trash drivers and people you don't like. IOW you are a loser. Why don't you repeat a few more times about Stewart murdering some kid. You got so much hatred in you it is sad. Now be sure to come back with one of your sorry posts that repeats the same garbage. I am done with you, so post away keyboard boy. Here is your LOL

I'm old enough to remember plenty of A.J.s career. I was in the stands the day that A.J. run and won his final race at The Springfield Mile. I know as much about A.J.'s career as you do. And what I know is that he didn't pull borderline psychopathic stunts on the racetrack at speed and put peoples lives in danger way beyond the inherent, normal levels of driving a racecar. If A.J. had a problem with someone he looked them up on foot, unlike stewy. He's also not a hypocrite like stewy and you.

If you're going to invoke stewy into birthday greetings to one of the best racers of all time don't bitch about some erroneously perceived hatred.

I also remember well when A.J. was asked by Robin Miller who of the present day drivers could have been successful in A.J.'s prime and without hesitation A.J. said Jeff Gordon. We'll see if you take umbrage with that assessment! Bbbbwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!

Grown a set yet, power boy?
    Was that the day about half way through the race the went out and watered the track and AJ restarted in the back and ran on the outside of the track and passed everyone to win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    You are a psychopath. WOW!!!! BTW you don't remember squat. You are a keyboard poster that does nothing but trash drivers and people you don't like. IOW you are a loser. Why don't you repeat a few more times about Stewart murdering some kid. You got so much hatred in you it is sad. Now be sure to come back with one of your sorry posts that repeats the same garbage. I am done with you, so post away keyboard boy. Here is your LOL
    Yeesh power boy. You've hurt my feelings in so many different ways!! NOT! I don't hate stewy, no one does! He's too lovable to hate! LOL!!

I remember plenty, you can depend on that.

You might wanna' go get the ol' BP checked power boy, you're plenty worked up!! LOL!! It's really ironic how you and your buddies would post nasty BS about Gordo and JJ and if someone gave it back to you you'd say they were takin' it waaaaaay too seriously. LOL!! The difference now is that you don't have your buddies and a moderator workin' with you.

Oh, and for the record, I have NEVER said your boy stewy ever murdered anyone. Not ever. What I have pointed out is that he is most definitely the defendant in a New York wrongful death civil court proceeding. Don't get all pissed at me for stating the truth. Hahahahaha!

Grown a set yet?!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Was that the day about half way through the race the went out and watered the track and AJ restarted in the back and ran on the outside of the track and passed everyone to win the race.
    Kid, that deal at The Springfield Mile took place back in August 1979. I was awful young in those days and events from that time period are a little fuzzy. What I remember is that it was a USAC Stock Car race and the track wasn't in perfect condition and Don White was leading when the race was red flagged.

Now, the A.J. lovers say he told USAC on the radio that the track was unsafe. The folks that weren't big A.J. fans will tell you a bit of a different story but USAC did what A.J. told them without fail. What happened after the red flag and the track work was completed was this. A.J. was the fastest car on the track and he passed Don White for the lead in just a few laps following the track being watered and worked. Prior to the track work A.J. was running in around 8th and going nowhere.

When A.J. got out of the car after the race the first thing out of his mouth was, and I quote "go ahead and boo, I got the money", end quote. There were near fist fights in the grandstands.

If you were there Kid, you know what I'm talking about! LOL!! Just one more incident that makes up the legend of A.J. Foyt.

Kid, that deal at The Springfield Mile took place back in August 1979. I was awful young in those days and events from that time period are a little fuzzy. What I remember is that it was a USAC Stock Car race and the track wasn't in perfect condition and Don White was leading when the race was red flagged. Now, the A.J. lovers say he told USAC on the radio that the track was unsafe. The folks that weren't big A.J. fans will tell you a bit of a different story but USAC did what A.J. told them without fail. What happened after the red flag and the track work was completed was this. A.J. was the fastest car on the track and he passed Don White for the lead in just a few laps following the track being watered and worked. Prior to the track work A.J. was running in around 8th and going nowhere. When A.J. got out of the car after the race the first thing out of his mouth was, and I quote "go ahead and boo, I got the money", end quote. There were near fist fights in the grandstands. If you were there Kid, you know what I'm talking about! LOL!! Just one more incident that makes up the legend of A.J. Foyt.
    Great story! Back in the day when the pit fight or grandstand fights worked theirselves out and nobody had to carted off to jail !

Kid, that deal at The Springfield Mile took place back in August 1979. I was awful young in those days and events from that time period are a little fuzzy. What I remember is that it was a USAC Stock Car race and the track wasn't in perfect condition and Don White was leading when the race was red flagged.

Now, the A.J. lovers say he told USAC on the radio that the track was unsafe. The folks that weren't big A.J. fans will tell you a bit of a different story but USAC did what A.J. told them without fail. What happened after the red flag and the track work was completed was this. A.J. was the fastest car on the track and he passed Don White for the lead in just a few laps following the track being watered and worked. Prior to the track work A.J. was running in around 8th and going nowhere.

When A.J. got out of the car after the race the first thing out of his mouth was, and I quote "go ahead and boo, I got the money", end quote. There were near fist fights in the grandstands.

If you were there Kid, you know what I'm talking about! LOL!! Just one more incident that makes up the legend of A.J. Foyt.
    Yes I was there and that is the race where A.J did in fact run the highside of the track after they Red flagged the race so, they could water the track. There was a lot of pissed off people and I believe it was because they stopped the race to water the track.

I was also there the day the had the huge wreck between turns 3 and 4. I don't remember how it all started or who was involved I just remmeber being there that day. That's the year I was working at the fair and got free passes for my dad and myself. I was like 14 or 15 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Great story! Back in the day when the pit fight or grandstand fights worked theirselves out and nobody had to carted off to jail !
    I was too young to be in the middle of the scuffles in the stands but I was old enough to understand what the commotion was about. After the race there was a larger than usual Illinois State Police presence in the grandstands. They must have called them up to the grandstands from Happy Hollow. Right Kid?!! LOL!

I was also there the day the had the huge wreck between turns 3 and 4. I don't remember how it all started or who was involved I just remmeber being there that day. That's the year I was working at the fair and got free passes for my dad and myself. I was like 14 or 15 years old
    I've heard that was a really bad one, Kid. That wreck was just a bit before my time but they still talk about it on Facebook on the USAC Stock Car page.

Supposedly the reason for the red flag the year A.J. won (1979) was that it was dangerously dusty and in addition the tractor pulls had messed up the front straightaway on Friday night prior to State Fair race weekend. I don't know if the tractor pull deal was a legit reason or not but A.J. was the instigator of the red flag in that he was talking to USAC race control on his radio. What I do know is that the championship cars didn't have any problems with the front straight the day before (Saturday) and I heard Don White say after the race that he'd raced at Springfield when it was a whole lot dustier.

To say that Don White was pissed after that race was an understatement. White was at the end of his career and knew this might well be his last-best chance of winning a race. And it was. Don never won another race. I always thought Don got screwed that day. Right at that time USAC was in a dog fight with CART for control of the Indy Cars and A.J. was a staunch and loyal USAC guy. I believe they (USAC) desperately wanted to keep A.J. happy. But then again, I might be wrong!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-26-2017 at 01:45 PM.

No if my memeory serves me right it was very dusty and watering the track was the right thing to do.

Like I said I don't remember the details. I just remember it was a multiple car accident.
    Last edited by kidrock; 01-26-2017 at 02:22 PM.

No if my memeory serves me right it was very dusty and watering the track was the right thing to do.

Like I said I don't remember the details. I just remember it was a multiple car accident.
    I've gotten two points of view from drivers who were in the race that day. As I mentioned before Don White wasn't convinced it was necessary, but I talked to Terry Ryan at Springfield on the 20th or 25th anniversary of his Allen Crowe Memorial 100 victory and he said it probably was the right thing to do. Don White was leading at the time of the red flag and from his perspective it may have been bogus.

I also remember talking to Steve Drake, who was also in this race, a year or two after this deal and he said it might have gone down differently if A.J. had not been in the race that day. Some of the talk on the USAC Stock Car Facebook page from guys that were in the pits that day is the damage to the track resulting from the tractor pulls was more of a hazard than the dust. Hell, I don't know. It's been almost 38 years ago now and there are still passionate arguments made on both sides. If A.J. hadn't been involved no one would care or remember! LOL!!

I've gotten two points of view from drivers who were in the race that day. As I mentioned before Don White wasn't convinced it was necessary, but I talked to Terry Ryan at Springfield on the 20th or 25th anniversary of his Allen Crowe Memorial 100 victory and he said it probably was the right thing to do. Don White was leading at the time of the red flag and from his perspective it may have been bogus.

I also remember talking to Steve Drake, who was also in this race, a year or two after this deal and he said it might have gone down differently if A.J. had not been in the race that day. Some of the talk on the USAC Stock Car Facebook page from guys that were in the pits that day is the damage to the track resulting from the tractor pulls was more of a hazard than the dust. Hell, I don't know. It's been almost 38 years ago now and there are still passionate arguments made on both sides. If A.J. hadn't been involved no one would care or remember! LOL!!
    3 reasons why I remember
    1. I worked the fair that year
    2. Them stopping the race in the middle of it to water the track
    3. How A.J. won the race by running the highside when no one else did

Surprise to see this thread. He is close friends with the hated Tony Stewart. AJ is the greatest.
    Okay now, show us some proof of that??? My tolerance is a bit thin today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    and didn't we see Tony working at the chili bowl wth lol
    I still feel like telling you to STFU!!!!! hahahahahahaaaa

Stewart is a great racer pure and simple. I will defer to the many auto racing heroes who subscribe to this fact, and it is a matter of record. This would be in lieu of a racing board poster who simply hates him. I think you can see my reasoning here. Right? I would also be pretty sure that you did not see all that much of Foyt's career unless you are my age, which i doubt. Foyt and Stewart raced the same, and were both known to be snarly to reporters. Foyt once said. Stewart and I have to be related some how.
    This is a thread for and about A. J. Foyt please!! Let's not be acting like Litey and changing the subject!!!hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Okay now, show us some proof of that??? My tolerance is a bit thin today!!!
    I've asked the sensitive little Power boy that same question and he's yet to come up with anything believable for an answer.

I still feel like telling you to STFU!!!!! hahahahahahaaaa
    Thank you Clayton.

This is a thread for and about A. J. Foyt please!! Let's not be acting like Litey and changing the subject!!!hahahahaha
    Thank you for mentioning that. I said the same thing several posts ago and the Power boy was so geeked up about my satirical depiction of his fantasies that he must have passed over it. LOL!! I haven't seen Power boy so pissed off since beedie was still giving him the business! LOLOL!! Remember how Power boy used to tell everyone who gave it back to him how they shouldn't take this stuff so seriously? Practice what ya' preach, Power boy! LOL!!

3 reasons why I remember
    3. How A.J. won the race by running the highside when no one else did
    Kid, I remember when they were getting ready to restart the race you could see A.J. scurrying around a bit inside the car. We had several guys in the pits tell us after the race that A.J. was jacking some weight around in anticipation of running the high side. The crew was prohibited from touching the car without an official pit stop after the race went back yellow/green and A.J. was prohibited from getting out of the car under red and doing it. Don't know if all that is true but there were several in the pits who told the same story. It's a good addition to the Foyt legend even if it isn't true! LOL!!