Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Jimmy Owens 2017 schedule

Notice Jimmy's 2017 schedule is all Lucas races. No WoO, UMP at all. Not even Eldora. Will Bloomer's be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Notice Jimmy's 2017 schedule is all Lucas races. No WoO, UMP at all. Not even Eldora. Will Bloomer's be the same?

It will if he don't pay his fines.

It could be one of two things: Owens wants to closer to home for his son or money is tight.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

How many guys will be avoiding drug testing? That is a new factor in the sport...

Bloom won't be racing at Eldora until Tony Stewart sells the track or gives him the 100k he owes him

Maybe an opportunity for a savvy promoter to start up a new event that runs against the world and who isn't so difficult to deal with or power mad..
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Maybe an opportunity for a savvy promoter to start up a new event that runs against the world and who isn't so difficult to deal with or power mad..
    The World still turns without Bloomer. Pun intended.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Bloomquist & his fans still 2yrs later whining about this cracks me up. Wasn't it Babb that was light 10yrs ago and never heard peep outta them. Track scales are official, end of discussion! He's been racing too long to not know rules.
    Last edited by Jim11h; 01-17-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Word edit

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The World still turns without Bloomer. Pun intended.
    I agree, but I'm still not convinced WRG/WoO/Eldora didn't screw up, realize it too late and refuse to back down in an effort to save face. There were too many questions left unanswered. Now with some big names not eligible to return to the race, I smell opportunity for a "Counter Event". I don't appreciate heavy handed authority and that deal left me with a bad taste and a lot of people got dragged thru the mud, possibly unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Bloomquist & his fans still 2yrs later whining about this cracks me up. Wasn't it Babb that was light 10yrs ago and never heard peep outta them. Track scales are official, end of discussion! He's been racing too long to not know rules.
    I hope this isn't directed at me...
    As far as the Babb incident, he did a motor change(not his engine) before the feature and he knew that is was plausible something got overlooked.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 01-17-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Politically Incorrect.

I agree, but I'm still not convinced WRG/WoO/Eldora didn't screw up, realize it too late and refuse to back down in an effort to save face. There were too many questions left unanswered. Now with some big names not eligible to return to the race, I smell opportunity for a "Counter Event". I don't appreciate heavy handed authority and that deal left me with a bad taste and a lot of people got dragged thru the mud, possibly unnecessarily.
    There have been events run against the World for years. There's even more events up against the Dream. Instead of whining, the "accused" should just run some of those other events. The whole grand conspiracy thing that racing people latch onto makes the sport look retarded.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Nah guy above ya and yes knew was engine change. We already have too much division within DLM, that wouldn't help anything. World, Knoxville, & chili bowl are stand alone events that will always be the biggest of their genre

Tony doesn't want to get beat by bloomer... Idc what anyone says those 2 events aren't as fun without him there. It's fun to root for him or against, plus there is always a bloomer eldora story line
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I hope this isn't directed at me...
    As far as the Babb incident, he did a motor change(not his engine) before the feature and he knew that is was plausible something got overlooked.
    I am convinced they didn't screw up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Tony doesn't want to get beat by bloomer... Idc what anyone says those 2 events aren't as fun without him there. It's fun to root for him or against, plus there is always a bloomer eldora story line
    I agree not the same without Bloomer there.....What sucks the most is that he doesn't have that many years left to compete at the Big E. IMO the whole problem with dirt racing is it has commercialized into some politically correct sport instead of being grass roots like it was intended to be. Cant do Sh!t anymore in this sport.

He was lite when earl owned elders what's the difference.

The world was going on before bloom quiet came along.

It does say more dates possibly added soon... I would expect to find a few more dates outside of the Lucas Series for Jimmy.

Default Read carefully Jim11!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    No whining here Jimbo. Stating facts. He will not attend a race at Eldora unless Tony makes some large concessions, which I don't think is going to happen. Not for me to sit and say who's right or who's wrong, but it is terrible for dirt racing, which is the big picture issue here. I think Bloom should swallow his pride and attend Eldora's major races like he has in the past, but I don't see that happening. It's a shame.

The money lost on t-shirt sales alone should be enough to make him want to come to Eldora.

A thread about Owens and his schedule. Yet most all of the replies mention Bloomquist... If any of you think Tony Stewart NEEDS any certain Late Model driver to keep the gates open at Eldora, you are sadly informed. I'm sure the bottom line at last years WORLD was not affected one bit. It sure looked like business as usual to me.
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing