Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I agree 100% with your post and your assessment on the commercializqation of this sport... there are to many chief's and not enough Indian's as the old saying goes.... I grew up racing in the day's where no one b1tched and complained about tire's and how heavy or how lite a car was There were some tracks i remember pulling into when i was running a street stock where i seen a street stock end up having to run with the Pro-stocks Aka Limited latemodels just because of how the rear suspension was set up.... But in all honesty if we sit back and think about it who do we have to blame other than some of the Super Latemodel Sanction's for the Commercialization of today's sport we love? If alot of these tracks would get together and break away from these Sanctioning Body's and put together a super latemodel serie's amonst say 15-20 different tracks with a year end championship payout equal to the touring series that possibly it could work... any other thoughts on this?
    I don't know what the answer is too the problem, the cost is driving the weekend warrior away from the cost of motors and new up to date chassis. This problem will never change and unfortunately this will be the demise of weekly racing. With all the rules that you have to follow the grass roots engineer that we used to see cant try new things to try and make him equal to the guy that has an unlimited budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    It amazes me how many people are willing to just take an officials word, like no one in power has ever been caught doing wrong or flat out lying to maintain an image. "Oh no, don't challenge the boss, that's wrong, that may hurt the sport". It takes filing lawsuits to get things to change if its needed, if there is no evidence and he can't prove his case, the judge will decide. I don't know who is right or wrong, if people want to call me retarded and whinny, that's their right I suppose even if it is a childish immature response to a valid questioning of authority. I've been around long enough that I've witnessed governments lie, companies lie, agencies lie, officials lie, heck David in the Bible, who was said to be a man after God's own heart, committed adultery and murder to try and cover up his wrongful act and maintain his public face. So why is it such a terrible, whinny, retarded sin to say "Wait a minute I think something may be wrong here". The clue to me that something is amiss, is how heavy handed the track and sanctioned got when a group of "accused" racers dare question their actions in court. If they had nothing to hide why not be more open to show exactly what was going on. Instead they used tactics that ended up scaring at least one young driver into forgoing his legal rights in court, which is what I think they wanted. This whole thing has been handled the same way the Obama administration handles things. I'm not saying I know for sure these guys didn't cheat, they may have, but the behavior of the sanction, the track and the number of racers all having the same issue across the country is alarming enough to warrant attention. You guys want to call me names, fine, whatever, but I refuse to be a "Lemming".
    Great post.......why not be like other series that post their tire tests on their Facebook and websites! WRG is acting like teenagers!

I also agree with you on LESS rules. That is always cheaper. Of course, keep safety for the fans and drivers #1!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion. Woods is a good example of a sport in need of star power. Bloomer is not. Yes he has many fans and is a great driver, but he is not the sport. There are scores of drivers fans adore in LM racing and no one driver is going to affect attendance. Bloomer will someday be gone and the sport will not lose a step. Just the way it is. Drivers filing these kind of lawsuits are only hurting themselves IMO. Lawyers looking for settlements, I will be surprised if they get a dime. I am certain they won't from the big E.
    This is not only about the weight, Tony has been knit picking Bloomquist for sometime now. It has come down to a standing up for one's self issue. This includes that window net issue that put him on the tail. If you want to run a fair for all race track you don't start picking on some one for winning or for personal issues. If you reweigh your car on your garage scales and it turns out okay then might you just have a different opinion?

(insert your calverton cheap shot here) lol
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 01-19-2017 at 03:36 PM.

No cheap shot Clayton, just an opinion on this situation in general. What happens, happens. It will be a shame if Owens and Bloomer do not come back to the Big E. But it is my opinion that drivers in this sport do not really affect attendance, especially in events of this magnitude. As for the law suit, I did consult a couple lawyers i know, to see what they thought about a settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    We have enough idiots making rules in grassroots racing.
    Why would we want courts involved too? When we race, we agree to abide by the rules set forth. Sometimes, we get caught on the wrong side. This isn't interstate commerce, as some would like to compare it to.
    But yet at the same time the scales are the be all end all. Someone else brought it up and this is not the 80's or whatever. If YOU ARE GOING TO PAY BY WHAT SCALES SAY, THEY BETTER BE ACCURATE. The old track scales are final BS will not hold up anywhere if you can prove they are wrong.

And I'm not talking about Bloomer, though that's what everyone harps on. I'm talking Joe Blow street stock racer, Billy the modified ace, Willie the winged warrior. Any of them. If you didn't wanna fight it that's your prerogative. I deal with scales all the time. They need to be checked every year. If I win a race, know I'm correct by my scales, and track scales beforehand, and it comes up screwy after, I will fight it. If y'all wanna bow to the man, have at it, I'm not. I'll fight for what I think is right.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He didn't win. He was under the 2300# as indicated by the track scale. Been there done that and lost at the scale before. There were excessive caution laps and we came up 5# short. We lost. We checked the car on the track scales and determined they were incorrect prior to the event. We were plenty good on our shop scales when we got home. We didn't sue anybody.
    He didn't win because he was under the tracks minimum weight, but yet they don't pay you based on your weight, right? Lol.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Bloomquist & his fans still 2yrs later whining about this cracks me up. Wasn't it Babb that was light 10yrs ago and never heard peep outta them. Track scales are official, end of discussion! He's been racing too long to not know rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    We went from weight-gate to tire-gate and lawsuits but bloomer folks still talking about the weight. I didn't direct specifically anyone was more of general reference but one poster brought the issue up. I recall this summer all the bloomquist faithful beating the poor dead coyote eaten carcass of skin and bone horse.
    As great as he is he refuses to lose with dignity anymore. Last I recall him admitting defeat was clear back when Owens ran bloomquist chassis and they were tight. As for him & Stewart butting heads who knows. I can't see him wanting bloomquist not there but I do think he's trying to carry on the Earl way
    You did. With that same tired track scales are final BS. Prove they are wrong, and you will win whatever it is you were out.

And everyone wants to be zeroed in on Bloomer. I'm talking anyone, any class. The racing world will continue on without Bloomer.

Obviously he couldn't prove their scales aren't accurate. Others have won by proving just that. But you gotta weigh is it worth the money and hassle to do so.

I can remember when there was no weight rule. A lot of people don't realize that the weight rule was put in place to stop the use of thin wall tubing for roll cages. If you have to weigh that much, you may as well be safe. Over the years, I have seen a lot of scales that I thought was off. Most with in 10 lbs. No biggie, you go with the scale. If it was more than that, most racers said something before the races and it was rectified then. They adjusted the scales or said that is what you need to run tonight. There is no confusion and if anyone says there is, is feeding you a line. If the scales are off at the end of the night, all of them weigh heavy or light. If it's just one, he get run threw again. This is how it works. If your light, you ran too close to the limit, lost a weight or miscalculated fuel usage or you was too lazy to weigh before the race. How can you feel sorry for someone that didn't look out for their self and now wants to change the rule so he is legal? Scott was the only one light that night. Now he would like to give himself a 20 lb advantage after the fact so he can win. IDC what any say, that would not be justice. The rest of the racers weighed 20 lbs heavy because of the rule. I suppose everyone of them could sue for 100k, because they might have won if they where lighter. This is a can of worms, that shouldn't be opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I can remember when there was no weight rule. A lot of people don't realize that the weight rule was put in place to stop the use of thin wall tubing for roll cages. If you have to weigh that much, you may as well be safe. Over the years, I have seen a lot of scales that I thought was off. Most with in 10 lbs. No biggie, you go with the scale. If it was more than that, most racers said something before the races and it was rectified then. They adjusted the scales or said that is what you need to run tonight. There is no confusion and if anyone says there is, is feeding you a line. If the scales are off at the end of the night, all of them weigh heavy or light. If it's just one, he get run threw again. This is how it works. If your light, you ran too close to the limit, lost a weight or miscalculated fuel usage or you was too lazy to weigh before the race. How can you feel sorry for someone that didn't look out for their self and now wants to change the rule so he is legal? Scott was the only one light that night. Now he would like to give himself a 20 lb advantage after the fact so he can win. IDC what any say, that would not be justice. The rest of the racers weighed 20 lbs heavy because of the rule. I suppose everyone of them could sue for 100k, because they might have won if they where lighter. This is a can of worms, that shouldn't be opened.
    So its Ok to penalize 1 guy for being smarter than the rest???....but then again, that's why hes the GOAT!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    So its Ok to penalize 1 guy for being smarter than the rest???....but then again, that's why hes the GOAT!
    Explain how a lawsuit makes you smart???
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You simply can not be the GOAT if you have been caught cheating as much as he has. If he had a case the lawsuit would not have been dropped. Since tire testing for illegal tires started Owens has forgotten how to drive and has won very few races. In my opinion Drug testing will keep many guys away from WOO and UMP that has nothing to do with lawsuits.

Explain how a lawsuit makes you smart???
    You wouldn't spend 40k to win 100?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    You simply can not be the GOAT if you have been caught cheating as much as he has. If he had a case the lawsuit would not have been dropped. Since tire testing for illegal tires started Owens has forgotten how to drive and has won very few races. In my opinion Drug testing will keep many guys away from WOO and UMP that has nothing to do with lawsuits.
    So you base your whole opinion about someone based on a couple of incidents over the last 25 years? He's still the GOAT, regardless!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

There is NO chance of him winning 100000 in such a lawsuit. As I have said from day 1, it was a frivolous lawsuit.

After taxes, it ain't squat.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It won't matter to me of Scott ever decides to show again at Eldora, I go to watch a race, not one or three guys. Those three guys don't make or break the show for me. BShep took his punishment and went on with life.

RT bail out too? He doesn't drive the Haley 33x anymore, so he should be good to come back.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Well if he is the GOAT, He may add another potential 280k in lost opportunities of income, not counting the WOO or UMP tracks that he used to do pretty well at. I wouldn't say that is too smart, and who knows how long that ban may go on. I don't know of a track in this country, that wants a racer that will sue, if it don't go his way. I believe this may be the beginning of the end for Mr Bloomquist.

As far as Eldora goes, I went before Scott and I'll go after, if able. They will be saying, Scott who, in a couple years. You hardly hear about Purvis or Morre anymore and they didn't sue one of the fans favored tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I believe this may be the beginning of the end for Mr Bloomquist.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbaFq043TiE

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I don't know what the answer is too the problem, the cost is driving the weekend warrior away from the cost of motors and new up to date chassis. This problem will never change and unfortunately this will be the demise of weekly racing. With all the rules that you have to follow the grass roots engineer that we used to see cant try new things to try and make him equal to the guy that has an unlimited budget.

Hdmn you are spot on my friend... I'd like to see Racing go back to it's Grass Root's that it originally was to start with but those day's are long gone... Racing today is a money mans sport.... The man with the most money will always be able to buy a championship... Just my opinion... And I agree with you 100% Hdmn about the Grass Root's Engineer when they cant work to continue to improve their own program then it is Time to move on to something different... Hopefully we can see a recovery in Racing but i highly doubt it with as out of Hand as it has gotten...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Plain and simple.....there's too much $$$$ involved now. Its a simple and cheap fix, so there's no excuse for not having it done!

Being a former racer, you should be all for it. How frustrating is it to have to add a bunch of weight to your car because the track scales are wrong! Been there, done that!
    So, you have your shop scales certified?

I find it laughable that scale certification is even brought up. Go to the gas station sometime and take a look at the pump, they are certified that 1 gallon is 1 gallon, yet when you pump gas, you will find that is not the case, it is within a certain % of that gallon.

Amazingly, I put 22 gallons of gas into my car that has an 18 gallon gas tank the same DAY the pump was certified just last fall. In fact, the state guy was still there certifying a different pump. To think that scales would be 100% accurate is a falsehood.