Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    It amazes me how many people are willing to just take an officials word, like no one in power has ever been caught doing wrong or flat out lying to maintain an image. "Oh no, don't challenge the boss, that's wrong, that may hurt the sport". It takes filing lawsuits to get things to change if its needed, if there is no evidence and he can't prove his case, the judge will decide. I don't know who is right or wrong, if people want to call me retarded and whinny, that's their right I suppose even if it is a childish immature response to a valid questioning of authority. I've been around long enough that I've witnessed governments lie, companies lie, agencies lie, officials lie, heck David in the Bible, who was said to be a man after God's own heart, committed adultery and murder to try and cover up his wrongful act and maintain his public face. So why is it such a terrible, whinny, retarded sin to say "Wait a minute I think something may be wrong here". The clue to me that something is amiss, is how heavy handed the track and sanctioned got when a group of "accused" racers dare question their actions in court. If they had nothing to hide why not be more open to show exactly what was going on. Instead they used tactics that ended up scaring at least one young driver into forgoing his legal rights in court, which is what I think they wanted. This whole thing has been handled the same way the Obama administration handles things. I'm not saying I know for sure these guys didn't cheat, they may have, but the behavior of the sanction, the track and the number of racers all having the same issue across the country is alarming enough to warrant attention. You guys want to call me names, fine, whatever, but I refuse to be a "Lemming".
    Great post^^^^^
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

so when does this get to court???

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    so when does this get to court???
    It's dead right now. They withdrew the suit and threatened to refile in North Carolina. That hasn't happened yet. It's entirely possible, likely even, that the suit never sees court at all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    So, you have your shop scales certified?

I find it laughable that scale certification is even brought up. Go to the gas station sometime and take a look at the pump, they are certified that 1 gallon is 1 gallon, yet when you pump gas, you will find that is not the case, it is within a certain % of that gallon.

Amazingly, I put 22 gallons of gas into my car that has an 18 gallon gas tank the same DAY the pump was certified just last fall. In fact, the state guy was still there certifying a different pump. To think that scales would be 100% accurate is a falsehood.
    LOL.....they are 20 year old Intercomps. I have sent them back twice for repairs and was told they were within their tolerance. Pretty good service out of a $1000 set of scales!

In my state, it only costs a business $110 for a state inspector, or certified sub-contractor, to certify ones scales. Since that info comes from a fellow church member with 20 plus years experience, Im sure its reliable info. BTW, our state requires scales to be within .1%.

Im sure its not the same with every state, but why wouldn't a track want their scales certified to end all this NONSENSE! The tracks cost is negligible. Doesn't it fall under the category of OPENNESS!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    After taxes, it ain't squat.
    Since attorney fees are tax-deductible and Im sure Bloomer shows $0 profit for his racing business, the lawsuit would be quite profitable!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    LOL.....they are 20 year old Intercomps. I have sent them back twice for repairs and was told they were within their tolerance. Pretty good service out of a $1000 set of scales!

In my state, it only costs a business $110 for a state inspector, or certified sub-contractor, to certify ones scales. Since that info comes from a fellow church member with 20 plus years experience, Im sure its reliable info. BTW, our state requires scales to be within .1%.

Im sure its not the same with every state, but why wouldn't a track want their scales certified to end all this NONSENSE! The tracks cost is negligible. Doesn't it fall under the category of OPENNESS!
    If they are being used for monetary exchange they should be certified.

Same as buying meat from the meat counter. As a customer I expect that scale to be correct and certified before making a purchase. Granted it's probly not going to be off by much it's just the principal of the thing.

Anytime money is being exchanged using weights and measures. They should be certified no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    If they are being used for monetary exchange they should be certified.

Same as buying meat from the meat counter. As a customer I expect that scale to be correct and certified before making a purchase. Granted it's probly not going to be off by much it's just the principal of the thing.

Anytime money is being exchanged using weights and measures. They should be certified no questions asked.
    Agree......sounds ULTRA simple to me, so I don't understand the naysayers!

I guess it would be ok for them to purchase 100,000 lbs of something, and only get 86,500 (Eldora scales were reportedly off a minimum of13.5%)
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I guess it would be ok for them to purchase 100,000 lbs of something, and only get 86,500 (Eldora scales were reportedly off a minimum of13.5%)

You are still in denial. You are not using scales to purchase bulk product like in grocery store or farmers market. What cracks me up is scott was the only 1 that failed weight 1 time ALL wknd long and your saying hes right. What is scott to do admit he was wrong, no that would make him look like a fool
    You are more of a bone head than I thought.

BTW that chk thats in the mail has expired good luck! Lmao smh
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

We have no idea how much the Eldora scales were off or at what weights. The little bit of info that was leaked was for sensational value, but lacked the information necessary to make an educated conclusion about their accuracy. I work in an industry where lives are at stake and our test force measurements only have to be accurate to 1%. On a 2300# measurement, that would be 23#. Bloomer was 25# light.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

bloomer will run for the money

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    You are still in denial. You are not using scales to purchase bulk product like in grocery store or farmers market. What cracks me up is scott was the only 1 that failed weight 1 time ALL wknd long and your saying hes right. What is scott to do admit he was wrong, no that would make him look like a fool

Denial......whats there to deny? There was a financial transaction wasn't there?

We have no idea how much the Eldora scales were off or at what weights. The little bit of info that was leaked was for sensational value, but lacked the information necessary to make an educated conclusion about their accuracy. I work in an industry where lives are at stake and our test force measurements only have to be accurate to 1%. On a 2300# measurement, that would be 23#. Bloomer was 25# light.
    True....the decrepancies were supposedly from the Dept of Agriculture, if they weren't, so be it. Even my profession requires way less than 1% accuracy, and lives could/couldn't be at stake.

Since my state requires scales to be within .1%, Eldoras would need to be +/- 2.3lbs. Maybe someone in Ohio could verify what they require.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Just never mind smh

still wondering why the other eight DQed at the scale that race haven't joined the lawsuit.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    still wondering why the other eight DQed at the scale that race haven't joined the lawsuit.
    There were others that were light? I thought bloomer was the only one.

Beating. A. Dead. Horse.

Give it a break peeps!
    Bloomer and Five Finger Death Punch fan. Honestly, I'm pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post

No they aren't. BUT there is still a monetary exchange.

Denial......whats there to deny? There was a financial transaction wasn't there?

True....the decrepancies were supposedly from the Dept of Agriculture, if they weren't, so be it. Even my profession requires way less than 1% accuracy, and lives could/couldn't be at stake.

Since my state requires scales to be within .1%, Eldoras would need to be +/- 2.3lbs. Maybe someone in Ohio could verify what they require.
    I don't know what you are smoking, but there are no scales than can weigh consistently with 0.1% error for weights in the range of a vehicle.

Maybe at 100,000 #. The article just gave some random errors that may or may not be true. And the errors were not assigned to any nominal value. They just said numbers like 40#. 40# at 10000# would be very good.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-20-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I don't know what you are smoking, but there are no scales than can weigh consistently with 0.1% error for weights in the range of a vehicle.
    Like I said in another post, a fellow church member/neighbor has 20 plus years experience calibrating scales for my state. That was words from his own mouth. I seriously doubt, he would lie about his own profession. Maybe, you should stick to your own profession.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Like I said in another post, a fellow church member/neighbor has 20 plus years experience calibrating scales for my state. That was words from his own mouth. I seriously doubt, he would lie about his own profession. Maybe, you should stick to your own profession.
    I use all sorts of transducers every day. I am within my knowledge base. You can certainly calibrate part of your range to near that accuracy, but it won't be the whole range and it won't stay there. We have gram scales that cost more than a luxury sedan.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I use all sorts of transducers every day. I am within my knowledge base. You can certainly calibrate part of your range to near that accuracy, but it won't be the whole range and it won't stay there. We have gram scales that cost more than a luxury sedan.
    My friend says he has been calibrating gram scales for a few years now. He has been promoted from the vehicle scales.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!