Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They pay you for winning the race. Not $43/pound.
    Did Scott get paid for winning the Dream then? No he didnt weigh so therefore you dont get paid for winning. So scales should be certified.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Did Scott get paid for winning the Dream then? No he didnt weigh so therefore you dont get paid for winning. So scales should be certified.
    He didn't win. He was under the 2300# as indicated by the track scale. Been there done that and lost at the scale before. There were excessive caution laps and we came up 5# short. We lost. We checked the car on the track scales and determined they were incorrect prior to the event. We were plenty good on our shop scales when we got home. We didn't sue anybody.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Who is we, MB racer?

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    It does say more dates possibly added soon... I would expect to find a few more dates outside of the Lucas Series for Jimmy.
    I'll be shocked if he doesn't go to the Spring Nationals race at Smoky Mtn. in March.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    And the answer is still the same. Bloomer didn't make weight at The Dream, did they still give him the 100k, no. There's nothing to grasp, you are paid based on wether or not your car weighs I think it's 2350. You don't make weight, you get last. You are paid based on wether or not you hit 2350 or whatever it is.
    I understand what you are saying but i just look at it as your not paid in weight as bulk purchasing like the farmers market. It can be argued either way i guess.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He didn't win. He was under the 2300# as indicated by the track scale. Been there done that and lost at the scale before. There were excessive caution laps and we came up 5# short. We lost. We checked the car on the track scales and determined they were incorrect prior to the event. We were plenty good on our shop scales when we got home. We didn't sue anybody.
    I understand what youre saying and hate it for yalls loss. But I was going by what you had said. Scott did cross the finish line first so as you were asking he shouldve gotten paid. But since crossing the scales and weighing correctly is in the rule book it should be automatic that the scales are certified. Thats all Im saying. No disrespect intended bud
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Who is we, MB racer?
    I wasn't talking about Eldora. I was talking about my father back in the 90s at a regional special.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'm a late model guy but the powers that be better look around before pissing off bloomer and Owens too much. I live in the Midwest and this year there are gonna be at least three modified shows paying 50,000 to win. Farley,Iowa. Cedar lake and Mississippi thunder speedway. Those two ,I guarantee you, will be eyeing those. If the late model drama keeps going these two may start showing up at more big money modified shows.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I understand what youre saying and hate it for yalls loss. But I was going by what you had said. Scott did cross the finish line first so as you were asking he shouldve gotten paid. But since crossing the scales and weighing correctly is in the rule book it should be automatic that the scales are certified. Thats all Im saying. No disrespect intended bud
    It is a fact racers have dealt with since the beginning of motorsports. The rules always state that the track scales are the official device. They are not always right. That is why you check your weight. Scott isn't better than anyone else.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It is a fact racers have dealt with since the beginning of motorsports. The rules always state that the track scales are the official device. They are not always right. That is why you check your weight. Scott isn't better than anyone else.
    Definitelty, not any better......but a whole lot smarter!

The scale issue has haunted racing for too many years. Its time to fix it!

Let the courts decide.....once and for all!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post

We have enough idiots making rules in grassroots racing.
    Why would we want courts involved too? When we race, we agree to abide by the rules set forth. Sometimes, we get caught on the wrong side. This isn't interstate commerce, as some would like to compare it to.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

We have enough idiots making rules in grassroots racing.
    Why would we want courts involved too? When we race, we agree to abide by the rules set forth. Sometimes, we get caught on the wrong side. This isn't interstate commerce, as some would like to compare it to.
    Plain and simple.....there's too much $$$$ involved now. Its a simple and cheap fix, so there's no excuse for not having it done!

Being a former racer, you should be all for it. How frustrating is it to have to add a bunch of weight to your car because the track scales are wrong! Been there, done that!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Plain and simple.....there's too much $$$$ involved now. Its a simple and cheap fix, so there's no excuse for not having it done!

Being a former racer, you should be all for it. How frustrating is it to have to add a bunch of weight to your car because the track scales are wrong! Been there, done that!
    You fail to look at the legal precedent that gets set. People will sue over all kinds of stupid things. Sue for recalibration. Its nonsense.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Bloomquist & his fans still 2yrs later whining about this cracks me up. Wasn't it Babb that was light 10yrs ago and never heard peep outta them. Track scales are official, end of discussion! He's been racing too long to not know rules.
    It's laughable that some still think the check is in the mail. I hope Scott isn't sitting on the curb by his mailbox with a beer waiting for the postman.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    No driver is bigger than the sport. No baseball player is bigger than the sport. EtcWe can debate all day about this, but he who owns and runs the facility sets the rules. You break the rules, you lose. Only ones making money from friv lawsuits are lawyers.
    I love when people say that. Is Tiger Woods bigger than golf? No one watches when he doesn't play. Earnhardt bigger than NASCAR? Ratings way down when he's not there. World 100 isn't even on TV. It WAS the biggest race but now there are a few that carry the same weight. What was the reason that they took the high banks out of Eldora? That's why everyone loved that place. Bloomer has 4 globe trophies, that's enough. I hope he races there this year because I wanted to go, but I'll just catch one of the other big shows instead.

Nah, if they want Eldora to be the home of the elite, ditch the scales all together. Have an opening to drive the car thru for height and width and run whatcha brung. All this sissy rule nonsense is tiresome.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    I love when people say that. Is Tiger Woods bigger than golf? No one watches when he doesn't play. Earnhardt bigger than NASCAR? Ratings way down when he's not there. World 100 isn't even on TV. It WAS the biggest race but now there are a few that carry the same weight. What was the reason that they took the high banks out of Eldora? That's why everyone loved that place. Bloomer has 4 globe trophies, that's enough. I hope he races there this year because I wanted to go, but I'll just catch one of the other big shows instead.
    You are entitled to your opinion. Woods is a good example of a sport in need of star power. Bloomer is not. Yes he has many fans and is a great driver, but he is not the sport. There are scores of drivers fans adore in LM racing and no one driver is going to affect attendance. Bloomer will someday be gone and the sport will not lose a step. Just the way it is. Drivers filing these kind of lawsuits are only hurting themselves IMO. Lawyers looking for settlements, I will be surprised if they get a dime. I am certain they won't from the big E.

It amazes me how many people are willing to just take an officials word, like no one in power has ever been caught doing wrong or flat out lying to maintain an image. "Oh no, don't challenge the boss, that's wrong, that may hurt the sport". It takes filing lawsuits to get things to change if its needed, if there is no evidence and he can't prove his case, the judge will decide. I don't know who is right or wrong, if people want to call me retarded and whinny, that's their right I suppose even if it is a childish immature response to a valid questioning of authority. I've been around long enough that I've witnessed governments lie, companies lie, agencies lie, officials lie, heck David in the Bible, who was said to be a man after God's own heart, committed adultery and murder to try and cover up his wrongful act and maintain his public face. So why is it such a terrible, whinny, retarded sin to say "Wait a minute I think something may be wrong here". The clue to me that something is amiss, is how heavy handed the track and sanctioned got when a group of "accused" racers dare question their actions in court. If they had nothing to hide why not be more open to show exactly what was going on. Instead they used tactics that ended up scaring at least one young driver into forgoing his legal rights in court, which is what I think they wanted. This whole thing has been handled the same way the Obama administration handles things. I'm not saying I know for sure these guys didn't cheat, they may have, but the behavior of the sanction, the track and the number of racers all having the same issue across the country is alarming enough to warrant attention. You guys want to call me names, fine, whatever, but I refuse to be a "Lemming".
    Politically Incorrect.

This weight issue has gone on so long now, I don't think there can be a suitable solution. WRG is probably thinking, if you want to sue, use more than what you will win to do it. The after all is done permanently ban any one that sues them. It's gotten to the hardball stage if he sues in NC. Doesn't take a mental heavy weight to figure out Scott doesn't have the advantage going into this. WRG has home field advantage and past practice. And for anyone that thinks the justice system is fair, you just haven't been there. Plus, the last thing anyone in racing wants is government making rules for racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I agree not the same without Bloomer there.....What sucks the most is that he doesn't have that many years left to compete at the Big E. IMO the whole problem with dirt racing is it has commercialized into some politically correct sport instead of being grass roots like it was intended to be. Cant do Sh!t anymore in this sport.

I agree 100% with your post and your assessment on the commercializqation of this sport... there are to many chief's and not enough Indian's as the old saying goes.... I grew up racing in the day's where no one b1tched and complained about tire's and how heavy or how lite a car was There were some tracks i remember pulling into when i was running a street stock where i seen a street stock end up having to run with the Pro-stocks Aka Limited latemodels just because of how the rear suspension was set up.... But in all honesty if we sit back and think about it who do we have to blame other than some of the Super Latemodel Sanction's for the Commercialization of today's sport we love? If alot of these tracks would get together and break away from these Sanctioning Body's and put together a super latemodel serie's amonst say 15-20 different tracks with a year end championship payout equal to the touring series that possibly it could work... any other thoughts on this?
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!