Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    Any chance Davenport goes to Screven? Does he run well there? Looks like a very nice field of cars shaping up. I would be willing to bet that Eastbay gets less than 30 cars!
    He might but I would say that it depends how gldn isle goes and it would be a last minute decision.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    He might but I would say that it depends how gldn isle goes and it would be a last minute decision.
    If he goes,it would surprise me.He just don't like the place.

Quote Originally Posted by GA-DIRT View Post
    Oh ok well that answers the question right there
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by gb81racing View Post
    Anyone know if Bobby Pierce will be at any of the FL/GA speedweeks?
    No, he will not.....his website has their 2017 schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by GA-DIRT View Post
    What's not to like??has anyone heard him say?

Bad memories, bad experience there or something?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by gb81racing View Post
    List updated!

Anyone know if Bobby Pierce will be at any of the FL/GA speedweeks?
    Bobby will be helping Mason zeigler for a few days but not racing

Anyone know of any hotels near Screven? Made my 1st trip last year, gps had me take a bunch of back roads off 95 and dont remember seeing anything.
    Last edited by jlacey; 02-03-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Anyone know of any hotels near Screven? Made my 1st trip last year, gps had me take a bunch of back roads off 95 and dont remember seeing anything.
    The closest decent hotels are at the I95/Hwy 21 interchange. Look up Port Wentworth, GA on hotels.com, or whichever of those sites you prefer. About 45 mins from there to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    I've stayed in Statesboro before, lots of hotels around Ga. Southern Univ. and beltway. Less than 1/2 hour to track. Also stayed in Port Wentworth just off I-95, maybe a little further from track but not by much.

How is the seating situation at Screven. Are there reserved seats? Do you need reserved seats? Do they allow coolers?
    Pennsboro23, I do think they might get 30 cars at Eastbay, but that is about it. But I will go out on a limb and say they get 30 or less. And I'll bet you 2 cheddarwursts and a beer whenever you want at Eldora! You don't even have to win the bet, I'll still buy!

How is the seating situation at Screven. Are there reserved seats? Do you need reserved seats? Do they allow coolers?
    Pennsboro23, I do think they might get 30 cars at Eastbay, but that is about it. But I will go out on a limb and say they get 30 or less. And I'll bet you 2 cheddarwursts and a beer whenever you want at Eldora! You don't even have to win the bet, I'll still buy!
    No reserved seats at Screven. The layout of the grounds there is really unique/odd. Depending on what time you get there they may park you in the front parking area near the highway or all the way in the back near the end of the dragstrip or even outside the fence. You can have coolers. The only thing I don't like about Screven is they don't start on time or even close to on time. If they say they are starting at 7, you're lucky if they are qualifying by 8:15. With the normal night time temps that time of year don't keep me out there all night so you can sell more food. And their usual excuse is well we needed more time for the water to soak in from the water truck. You know your track - either water it earlier or put less water on it. Hopefully with Kelley and his guys there as well as the WoO guys he won't lollygag around all night. I used to go to all the regional & national races at Screven but haven't in a while because we got tired of them starting so late.

Sounds good! See you at Eldora.

dalemcfan, thanks for the info. I think I am going to give it a go. I used to love Eastbay and especially the weather at Eastbay, but I feel like they have gotten complacent. Purses have dropped, car counts have dropped, and admission has went way up. I feel like they screwed up turn 4 at some point. I think they need to add some excitement to the Winternationals, like the bonus money out west or add an invitation only modified race to the program or something. Definitely not what it used to be!

Probably best to look for hotels in Statesboro as we have heard that many are sold out in the other areas.

roughride please get there early and at least check out the Midgets and Mini-Late Models at Gamec0ck Speedway which is the 1/4 mile track on the same property. Your ticket includes this racing as well.

Check out the awesome concession that Screven offers.

Also if you are looking for a little time away from the track check out Brown's Country Kitchen back towards Sylvania on Hwy 21 just past the Winery on the right.

I promise you I intend to keep the show as close to on schedule as I can. We will be posting the time schedule for each day this week.

Thanks for all the info guys. Still debating on leaving Friday or Saturday morning, leaning more towards Friday now knowing theres something semi close bye. I felt so lost last year on those back roads going in and out of GA and SC

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Probably best to look for hotels in Statesboro as we have heard that many are sold out in the other areas.

roughride please get there early and at least check out the Midgets and Mini-Late Models at Gamec0ck Speedway which is the 1/4 mile track on the same property. Your ticket includes this racing as well.

Check out the awesome concession that Screven offers.

Also if you are looking for a little time away from the track check out Brown's Country Kitchen back towards Sylvania on Hwy 21 just past the Winery on the right.

I promise you I intend to keep the show as close to on schedule as I can. We will be posting the time schedule for each day this week.
    Kelly my wife and I have been wanting to eat at that place. Everytime we pass it, it seems to be pretty crowded so it must have good food. Has Redd decided about a 2 or 3 day pass yet?
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

The 2 and 3 day passes will be available but more for convenience. They aren't discounted.

3 day = $100
    2 day = $80

Thinking about heading down. I've seen the track, but it rained out the night I was going to see a race there.

Come on down and see us. You won't be disappointed. Make sure to swing by and say hello if you do.

They having the 10k to win 4 cylinder race again? I had no clue about it last year till i saw 35+ cars roll out for the 1st Bmain. I wanted to stay for that but wasnt prepared for how cold it got, and had to drive to Daytona afterwards