Default TST/Ice Bowl Thank You To All!!

On behalf of the Talladega Short Track, and a personal thank you from me, a huge thank you to all who made this event a double rousing success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A huge thank you to all the fans who came out in super strong numbers, the weather was ideal and you filled up the joint.

A big thank you to the 334 race teams that packed, crammed, and overflowed our very large pits, some even parked in some of the gulleys! All the teams came to the lanes when called and raced your keysters off. Big appreciation to the crew members and fans who swarmed the pits like I haven't seen in ages, what a back gate!!!

You great fans and racers worked our concession staff over hard all three days especially Sunday as you cleaned us out late in the day. We were well-prepared for this event but it was epic concession sales. Our guys and gals worked so hard, the runners were just rippin' busy too. Thank you for supporting us in absolute unreal numbers, heck, even I pitched in at times.

To our unsung track workers conducting the race, from the parking folks, pit and spectator gates, staging, infield, and race control, what a effort. Some may not realize what a endeavor an event of this size requires.

For example, besides tech and such, on Friday alone we had 82! 82 hot lap sessions!!

On Saturday we hot lapped 310 cars, Timed in 101 Late Models in 2 divisions, then ran 34 heats races.

On Sunday we ran 17 B-mains, then 7 features and 1 Non-Qualifier events.

Thanks to my fellow announcers, Wesley Outland from the USCS Series, Ross Tingle from Magnolia Motor Speedway, and Ladon Law, we sure had a lot to call.

One last atta-boy to all the out-of-state fans who came out and attended. Cars were parked on both sides of Speedway Blvd. as far as the eye can see.

Thanks again for making this Ice Bowl a out-of-the-park success!!

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

I've heard of the Ice Bowl since "back in the day" but have never made it down. So being from snowy northern Illinois (which has actually been mild as of late, weather wise), I took great interest in how things were going for you down there this year. I have to say, you guys did a great job of promoting the event on social media. I almost felt like I was there with all the videos, pictures and line-ups, etc. That's definitely something for other promoters to take notice of, how well you guys showcased your product not only leading up to, but during the event itself. Good job!

I have been to TST a bunch of times for big races over the last 35-plus years but this was my very first time at the Ice Bowl and really enjoyed it ..and hopefully it won't be my last time.

I've been going to the ice bowl (and frequent tst) since I was 16, Ice bowl XIII (I think)...Joel Rice year. This year had to be one of the best crowds I've seen out there to date. My group had a fun time as always ,but the great weather was surely a blessing. We've all heard complaints and complements, some true some not, but I'm always itchy for some racing by time this race rolls around. Big thanks to tst for pulling us through the off season.

Thanks for the nice comments, we were dealt 4 Aces in weather and all other areas. Looking real forward to the regular season opener.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer