Default Grave Digger was injured during a show in Florida

TAMPA, Fla. — The driver of the popular monster truck Grave Digger was injured during a show in Florida Saturday night.

During the show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, driver Dennis Anderson was attempting a flip when the truck landed upside down, according to the Outer Banks Voice.

“Medical care professionals tended to Anderson on site and then transported him to a local hospital for further evaluation,” a statement issued by Monster Jam promoter Feld Entertainment said. “No further updates are available at this time.”

Dennis’ son Adam Anderson also posted about the incident on Instagram Monday, assuring fans that his dad would be OK.

“Want [to] thank everyone for the kind words for dad. Yes he was injured and all that needs to be known is he’s getting better,” the post said. “He just called me to tell me what to do with to fix the problem. Anyone that knows dad knows he’s more worried about making the fans happy than himself. It’s part of our lifestyle yes it’s scary but that’s what makes life exciting. Dad’s always telling me what to do.”

Hope he's okay. What those guys do with 10,000 lb trucks nowadays is insane! Not quite racing per se, but when my son was younger we'd go 2-3 times per year to see them. At larger places like Lucas Oil Stadium, they put on a heck of a show!

When I first saw this news, I thought he was doing a Carl Edwards thing. Thinking darn, that window is too high to do a back flip from.

The Grave Digger, outta Kill Devil Hills, N.C.....................................That has got to be the best entrance of all time......And it's the truth.

Been flying at Kill Devil Hill, NC since the Wright Bros.

It would be more entertaining if they would actually crush cars like they use to 15-20 yrs ago, instead of seeing who can jump the highest, backflip or spin in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    The Grave Digger, outta Kill Devil Hills, N.C.....................................That has got to be the best entrance of all time......And it's the truth.
    Used to work up there several years ago, and enjoyed seeing his trucks outside, in front of the shop!

fwiw.....with his go-for-it attitude, I believe Dennis would have made a good dirt racer!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!