Thread: Ignition ?

Default Ignition ?

Need to know what sort of ignition setup sprint cars are running these days. I'm a late model guy so everybody here is running some variant of the MSD 6 setup.

I'd appreciate any comments .. esp with part numbers of equipment that you guys are running.

Thanks !

Magnetos for the most part, but there are some newer crate based wing and non-wing groups using either the factory HEI's on GM602/604 or coil pack setup on the CT525. The most popular group on the economy end of things is "Racesaver 305" and they typically all run magnetos since anything else requires a battery at minimum to function. Hope this helps, I myself am working towards moving away from late model and starting up a group of Non-wing sprints in the Southeast, probably including the racesaver 305's, GM602's, GM604's, MOPAR and Ford crates too, and possibly some stock block/head engines, like an LS 5.3. Not sure about CT525 yet as its much more expensive, lighter and more powerful, so... Trying to be inclusive instead of exclusive though.
    Politically Incorrect.

Thanks Stede

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    Need to know what sort of ignition setup sprint cars are running these days. I'm a late model guy so everybody here is running some variant of the MSD 6 setup.

I'd appreciate any comments .. esp with part numbers of equipment that you guys are running.

Thanks !
    Vertex or Mallory magneto

Msd ProMag are about all you will find guys running

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Cust Susp View Post
    Vertex or Mallory magneto

Msd ProMag are about all you will find guys running
    Joe Hunt is another brand used, they even sponsor the wingless spec sprints in California.
    http://www.huntmagnetos.com/
    Politically Incorrect.