Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I'd really like to make it out to the Knoxville Late Model Nationals. Not really going to be feasible until my little one gets older though.
    I'm with you and everyone else who stated Knoxville. That and the Wheatland would make me content on tracks I've been to.

I'm almost ashamed to say that we've never seen a race at Knoxville, Iowa so I reckon that would be our bucket list destination at this time.

We've never been a big winged sprint fan and the late model nationals is at a very busy time of year for us. However, there is a USAC National Sprint show at Knoxville on June 3rd of this year and we were making plans to make the 4.5 hour trip to out to Knoxville for that event only to discover that a couple who are very close friends have a daughter getting married on that day. Hopefully the USAC show will be repeated in 2018 and we'll get out there then.

At this time Knoxville is the only destination track that we really want to see that is still in existence. There are 3 tracks that no longer exist that we dearly wish we'd have seen. They are Langhorne, Pensylvania, Ascot Park in Gardena, California and the beach/road course in Daytona Beach, Florida. Langhorne and Daytona were well before my time and I didn't have any money to get to California before Ascot closed.

I'm late model to the bone as rigsby would say but that lucas oil late model knoxville show is a joke as it stands. 3 races on Saturday is ridiculous. If I ever go back they need a new format or it will be for 410 show.

Indiana Sprint Week...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Indiana Sprint Week...
    Really hope you get it done sometime, Krooser. ISW is the absolute best series of races of it's kind. It's short enough that each event is big deal. ISW is an integral part of the season long national point standings. Each of the ISW events take place at tracks that are considered among the best dirt racing venue's in the country. It's a coveted championship and packs both the pits and the grandstands at virtually every ISW event.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Tazwell and lernerville are on mine.
    I noticed you weren't a fan of just three races the final day of a three day show format. I would totally recommend Lernerville's Firecracker then. It's a full program on the final day, with heat lineups determined by a driver's best point total on one of the perlim nights. It's just late models, and the prelim nights tend to be rather short programs, but the track gets bands to perform out in the parking lot after the races both nights.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

My Bucket List
    Lernerville Speedway - Firecracker 100
    Portsmouth Raceway Park - DTWC
    Cedar Lake Speedway - USA Nationals
    Knoxville Raceway - Knoxville Nationals 410 Sprints
    Lucas Oil Speedway - Show-Me 100
    Whynot Motorsports Park - Fall Classic
    East Alabama Motor Speedway - National 100 weekend
    I-80 Speedway - Silver Dollar Nationals
    Williams Grove Speedway - Sprints or Late Models

Indiana Sprint Week - been to most of the tracks but not all of them.
    Appalachian Mountain Speedweek - Looks like a good mix of different tracks

I have more but to many to list
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

CIRF... Went to Brownstown the last time they hosted ISW (2011?)... one of the best shows I've seen since my first race in 1956!!!! I'd like to drag a camper around for a week to see the entire series.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Belle-Clair (Something comes up every single time they have a big LM race), Bristol night race, Southern 500 at Darlington.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    CIRF... Went to Brownstown the last time they hosted ISW (2011?)... one of the best shows I've seen since my first race in 1956!!!! I'd like to drag a camper around for a week to see the entire series.
    Krooser, you're right, it was 2011. I believe it was the one and only ISW event ever held at Brownstown, it was one of the best ever and it was won by Casey Riggs. Unfortunately I wasn't at Brownstown for the event you speak of but I've seen the whole A-main video and I sure wish I had been. As many as a half dozen friends that were at B-town that night echo exactly what you say in regards to how exciting it was.

We've been to as many as 4 of the ISW races in any given year and have been to all but the Haubstadt ISW event of the venue's currently involved. We too want to follow the whole week with the camper in tow but as of now career obligations just won't allow it.

Oh yeah also Fairbury Prairie Dirt Classic is absolutely up at the top as well.

Fairbury - looks like i'm going to the PDC this year.
    Knoxville
    Lernerville
    Tazwell
    Mansfield
    Charlotte
    Volusia
    East Bay
    Cedar Lake
    I-80