Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Rumley working with lanigan that is a disappointing to me also. Im not a fan of cbr and really not a fan of lanigan. What rumley did two years ago was incredible and this move is like your favorite baseball player getting bribed away by the yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    Rumley working with lanigan that is a disappointing to me also. Im not a fan of cbr and really not a fan of lanigan. What rumley did two years ago was incredible and this move is like your favorite baseball player getting bribed away by the yankees.
    as in life...$$$ talks

What was/is Rumley's affiliation with Longhorn? I think he was one of the guys behind that deal?

Well i dont know this could be good for LM. Rumley did good things with longhorn got them up to speed. Then helped mark out with rockets. Now club 29 will be catching back up. But I do believe in loyalty which kevin is not, but at end of the day making more chassis better will be good for the tour. Long as Scott don't win the tour I'm good with it.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 02-14-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Hard to understand how Kevin would need an audition..........
    Maybe they want to see if they can get along with each other first? It's no secret that Kevin and Darrell aren't the easiest to get along with. Audition is a dumb phrase to use here.

I'd also like to think they are seeing if Kevin is as brilliant as advertised. Of all of the years he and his dad have raced, he's had one record breaking, doubt it ever gets duplicated kind of success. Last year was still amazing, but no where near as good as 2015. Besides that, everything else has been statistically average.

The Club 29/Black Diamond cars are badly behind at the national level. The cars at PRI had the rearend of a Longhorn and Rocket Blue/Gray front. They need all of the help they can get. If Kevin can come in and improve things there, he will be on his way to being validated as a crazy talented individual. Until then, he's a guy who has had a couple successful years in dirt late model racing.

At one point in the off season, Kevin tried to get his parts business off the ground. I don't know if that's still a thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Maybe they want to see if they can get along with each other first? It's no secret that Kevin and Darrell aren't the easiest to get along with. Audition is a dumb phrase to use here.

I'd also like to think they are seeing if Kevin is as brilliant as advertised. Of all of the years he and his dad have raced, he's had one record breaking, doubt it ever gets duplicated kind of success. Last year was still amazing, but no where near as good as 2015. Besides that, everything else has been statistically average.

The Club 29/Black Diamond cars are badly behind at the national level. The cars at PRI had the rearend of a Longhorn and Rocket Blue/Gray front. They need all of the help they can get. If Kevin can come in and improve things there, he will be on his way to being validated as a crazy talented individual. Until then, he's a guy who has had a couple successful years in dirt late model racing.

At one point in the off season, Kevin tried to get his parts business off the ground. I don't know if that's still a thing or not.
    You are going to count all the years the 6 car has run a limited schedule while Kevin had a real job?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Doesnt look like theres a difference so far with him turning the wrenches on the 14 anyways