Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    And that is AOK... I don't want one red cent of tax money to go to an abortion mill... They do close to three thousand abortions a day... I want no part of that. And any idiot that states that tax dollars don't go to abortions is just that, an idiot....
    I agree tax payers should not pay for abortions.

I just hope the Republican plan will give these women somewhere to go for affordable healthcare and not just access to healthcare. Heck they had that before the ACA and it wasn't affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Can't believe you didn't hear about that selling of baby parts... it was all over the news for a long time...
    No have heard about but, wasn't it found to be not true or at least that's the article I just read on NPR

but, I have other articles that say they have.
    Last edited by kidrock; 01-22-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    planned parenthood doesn't receive funding from taxpayers
    WRONG!!!!!! You sir once again rely on false information put out by NPR and other propaganda sources.

As Americans mark Tax Day today, they currently send hundreds of millions of their tax dollars to Planned Parenthood — the nation’s biggest abortion company. Just how much are Americans forced to send? A new report will tell you.

Earlier this year, pro-life members of Congress demanded information from the Obama administration on all of various ways it funds the nation’s biggest abortion business.

On average, Planned Parenthood receives approximately $500 million a year in taxpayer funds, as a GAO report indicated last year. ow, tey want the agency to update the information so taxpayers know exactly where their money is going.

Reps. Diane Black (R-TN-06), Pete Olson (R-TX-22) and Senator David Vitter (R-LA) issued the following statements in response to the Government Accountability Office’s (GAO) decision to accept their request to investigate the use of federal funding allocated to Planned Parenthood and related organizations:

“I thank the GAO for acting responsibly and committing to carry out our request for an independent review of the taxpayer funding provided to Planned Parenthood and related organizations,” said Congressman Diane Black. “As a nurse for more than 40 years, I know that abortion is not healthcare and I am incensed that, year after year, my constituents see their money sent to Washington and distributed to organizations that promote or perform abortions all under the guise of ‘healthcare’ services. This is a sham and it is an affront to the conscience rights of every American taxpayer. By shining a light on the federal funding allocated to these organizations we can mobilize the support needed to defund the big abortion industry and reroute those dollars to organizations that uphold life while protecting women’s health.”

“I applaud the GAO’s decision to fulfill our request to provide more taxpayer transparency on organizations that promote or perform abortions. While I remain committed to defunding Planned Parenthood and protecting the unborn, at a minimum, Americans deserve to know where their tax dollars are going. I look forward to seeing the results of this report and increasing awareness and support to end taxpayer support for these organizations,” said Congressman Pete Olson.

“For years Planned Parenthood and their pro-abortion allies have deceived the public on how they spend their taxpayer dollars,” said Senator David Vitter. “We absolutely need to shed light on how these types of organizations are spending federal funds, and I suspect the forthcoming GAO report will confirm our fears of Planned Parenthood’s inexcusable misuse of taxpayer dollars for abortion.”

The report found the Planned Parenthood abortion corporation and its affiliates received $344.5 million in federal funds and another $1.2 billion in funding from Medicaid (which includes a combination of federal and state funds) for a total of $1.5 billion over three years from federal programs. The abortion giant receives $1.2 billion from Medicaid, $201 million from the Title X family planning program $40.6 million from Title XX Social Services block grants and $25.9 million from the Title V Maternal and Child health Services block grant.

In order to stop the funding to the abortion company, lawmakers first need to have an understanding of every potential source of funding the abortion corporation currently receives from the federal government.

SIGN THE PETITION! Congress Must De-Fund Planned Parenthood Immediately

The lawmakers also called for an evaluation of funding for two non-governmental organizations that provide abortions and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), which do not perform abortions but are forced to compete with Planned Parenthood for limited taxpayer dollars.

“We are writing to request up-to-date information regarding federal funding of Planned Parenthood, International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International,” the senators wrote in a letter to head of the GAO Gene L. Dodaro. “The Government Accountability Office (GAO) prepared a report dated March 20, 2015 regarding federal funds provided for fiscal years 2010-2012 to certain organizations involved in health related activities.

“Relying on the promise of openness and transparency often mentioned by the current Administration, it is our hope that the requested information be updated and made available to Congress and the public,” the senators continued. “Proper oversight of publicly funded programs is crucial in determining the value of the goods and services provided to the taxpayer, and allow policymakers to more carefully and thoroughly review them.”

Now isn't it about time that you excuse yourself from the discussions and spend some time actually learning the truth and facts? Or is what I just posted above not even sinking in.

Keep in mind that when you google political information that left wing websites will always outnumber and come first in order over conservative websites. Of course one must realize that leftists own and run Google.

You guys realize Planned Parenthood is a global enterprise, right? Funded by the US.

Not sure how that would work with Medicaid reimbursement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...ood_Federation

United States funding

"IPPF is a pro-choice organisation that advocates for access to contraception and safe abortion services. This has led IPPF into conflict with conservative social forces, including the Roman Catholic Church and the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, who reinstated the Mexico City Policy in 2001. This policy required non-governmental organisations in receipt of U.S. funds to refrain from providing birth control and/or abortion-related services, and was first instituted by President Ronald Reagan in 1984 after lobbying from the Vatican following's Reagan's establishment of official diplomatic relations with the Holy See. IPPF opted not to alter its method of operation, and, as a result, lost 20% of its funding during the time the Mexico City Policy was in effect. The policy was rescinded by President Barack Obama in January 2009."

And regular Planned Parenthood:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood
    Last edited by balljoint; 01-23-2017 at 10:45 AM.

If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

It needs to go a step further because through reallocation of funds this act is meaningless. Basically you would have the federal funding pay for EVERYTHING BUT abortions. The abortions would be covered by Bill Gates Foundation or Clinton Health Matters or some other Non profit as a "philanthropy donation". So just saying that federal money cannot be used for abortions does nothing.

No federal funding for organizations who are affiliated with abortions. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    25 that's a round aBout way of wanting to try and rationize planned parent hood gets government funding. By using that form of thinking then any place you use your food stamps is government funded.

Being "paid" for services rendered is not remotely the same as saying something is government funded. I can't believe there is a intelligent person out there that thinks planned parenthood is government funded.
    Man I'm telling you right now, to start learning reality. The tax payers are how people get food stamps coo coo, The grocery stores must participate. But that is all. You'll never be able to live by reason as long as you are a liberal fanatic.

You are supporting people to not be responsible for their actions and for government to punish others for the lack of responsibilities and moral values of the few. In other words you support a Communistic government.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 01-23-2017 at 04:05 PM.