Thread: seat mounting

Default seat mounting

Why is there not more mounting points for the seat in late models, in the grt's I've had anyway. Only one mounting hole in the back and none at the bottom except the seat belt tabs. What is everyone doing to mount the seat.

That's a good point,When I was building my own street stocks I built a robust frame with 6 bolts holding the seat in.Now we are all putting these full containment seats in with 3 bolts.I've taken 2'' steel strap, put it inside the bottom of the seat so in that both bolts would go thru it.I use the larger fender washers on the back bolt.We spend a lot of time making shims and spacers to get the seat to be comfortable.I also weld in a new mount for the seat belts at the shoulder mount.Most mounts are to low and when the seatbelts are real tight will compress the drivers back.Iweld in a mount 1 to 2 inches below the drivers shoulders

I'm not putting holes in the bars or welding on it. Wouldn't mind on a car I built myself. Some of these seats cost $600 or so and hold it in the car with one $2 bolt? There's got to be more to it. I'll make some brackets of some kind and come off the seat belt tabs.

I made a bracket and bolted mine with the seatbelt tabs. I thought that was pretty crappy to have to do also