Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great 4 day swing. Nice to see tracks working together instead of scheduling against each other. Thanks F.C.
    8/13/16

Just Announced, The Sunday May 14th Race at Spoon River Speedway has sanctioned with the MARS Late Model Series along with ALMS and UMP. Great Job to Matt Curl and the fairboard at #FALS, Brad Denney and his staff at Spoon as well as the staff at MARS for their help in putting this awesome weekend together. One driver could take home $38,000 in one weekend with very little travel between tracks.
    Last edited by Farmer City Raceway; 01-26-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Cool Nice work

Good follow up Gunner.

Nice to see reduction to 2 classes on Fri. This weekend has 2 established tracks and now Spoon under new mgmt steppin right in to be a part in it. Most folks in IL know what potential Spoon has always had (no bashing of previous owners here). It'll be interesting to see where that track goes in the future.

Hey Dirt Crow: I love it. For me: hotel booked, vacation day taken, ready for the 5 hour trip down from WI. Might even have to include Spoon if the weather's good.

Go 18!!

Just an FYI, for any fans or teams looking for hotels, the manager at the Normal, IL. Hampton Inn & Suites is a huge race fan and welcomes all the racers to his store. He has a very nice clean facility and its centrally located about 30 minutes from both Farmer City and Fairbury. The Hampton Inn & Suites is located near shopping centers for the ladies and also lots of great food choices close by. Contact the store general manager Richard Raube(309) 452-8933 and let him know you're coming in town for the races, he will take very good care of you.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...LHX/index.html
    Last edited by Farmer City Raceway; 01-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.

slydejob18, This will be a awesome weekend of racing at the three premier tracks in Illinois. Spoon has continued to get more specials each year since Morey's son Brad Denney took over control of the track and his track prep has been outstanding compared to years past. Looks like he has really stepped up this year with all the specials I see on their schedule. With Morey and Brad now having full control over Spoon I only look for bigger things out of the best kept secret in Illinois.

Thank you to all the tracks, their personnel, and the volunteers putting this weekend together. Best of luck to all the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdustyr1 View Post
    Thank you to all the tracks, their personnel, and the volunteers putting this weekend together. Best of luck to all the tracks.
    Seconded. It's going to be a fun year.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer City Raceway View Post
    Just an FYI, for any fans or teams looking for hotels, the manager at the Normal, IL. Hampton Inn & Suites is a huge race fan and welcomes all the racers to his store. He has a very nice clean facility and its centrally located about 30 minutes from both Farmer City and Fairbury. The Hampton Inn & Suites is located near shopping centers for the ladies and also lots of great food choices close by. Contact the store general manager Richard Raube(309) 452-8933 and let him know you're coming in town for the races, he will take very good care of you.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...LHX/index.html
    Nice place to stay, easy to get to, and centrally located among the tracks. They also have a very good breakfast buffet, if you don't feel like going out for breakfast.

Update for the May 11th-14th weekend, The MARS series will now co sanction the $3,000 to win Late Model Feature on Thursday May 11th at Farmer City Raceway. This race was originally scheduled to be a stand alone UMP race but will now add both the east and west MARS series drivers. This will add a great group of drivers all looking for the perfect setup for the $20,000 to win feature the next night.

http://www.marsracingseries.com/schedule/schedule-east/

http://www.marsracingseries.com/schedule/schedule-west/
    Last edited by Farmer City Raceway; 01-28-2017 at 08:46 AM.

That's correct centeroff, the Lucas guys will be coming up to LaSalle Speedway the following thursday so maybe a few will come up early. This race last year paid 5k to win on friday and 10k on Saturday at FALS and we had about 44 cars.We have increased the purse and cut some classes from the Friday portion to help save the track and improve our efficiency.
    Ya see! This is what I'm talking about. A track making smart moves and good decisions. Big event for supers, so cut lower classes. Excellent! I dream that tracks in my neck of the woods would do this. When we have big super events, they have ever class in the world racing, tons of hot laps for everybody, and time trial everything in sight, just burning up the racing surface. Hats off to the Farmer City staff! I love it!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Farmer City is certainly making a concerted effort to bring some very high quality racing to East Central Illinois. Hat's off to them for planning these events in such a way that has the highest probability of maximum entertainment value. In this case fewer is better in regards to support classes.

We shouldn't really be all that surprised. They have in place some high quality people in the correct positions to make some of the crucial decisions. Correct decisions, I might add.

I think we'll be seeing more good things forthcoming from FCR.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Farmer City is certainly making a concerted effort to bring some very high quality racing to East Central Illinois. Hat's off to them for planning these events in such a way that has the highest probability of maximum entertainment value. In this case fewer is better in regards to support classes.

We shouldn't really be all that surprised. They have in place some high quality people in the correct positions to make some of the crucial decisions. Correct decisions, I might add.

I think we'll be seeing more good things forthcoming from FCR.
    And with Gunner calling the shots things will be much better.

LOL... I'm not calling the shots, I'm not taking over..... Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'm simply helping to put on this event and there are a lot of other people involved. This event is not about me or any other single person. This is all about how we can keep local racing strong by all working together. There are some really great people behind the scenes. I think everyone will be happy with the Farmer City Fairboard.
    Last edited by Farmer City Raceway; 01-28-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Gunner...you were a huge part of building FALS into the great successful track it is today. Farmer City is lucky to have you on board and I hope to see it grow into the potential it has. It is encouraging to see two tracks work together and hopefully the result will be two tracks in close proximity to each other develop a Friday / Saturday combination that is a can't miss for drivers and fans.

Thanks to all of you for the vote of confidence,our purpose of this whole weekend is to put on a great high profile event that they (the fairboard) get to call the shots on and can call their own. We have some great people involved in the planning of this event. If it happens to make any profit the first year, the profit will stay at the facility and reinvested towards capital improvements. Weekly racing is tough right now and a break even night is a good night, the only way improvements will happen is if the big races are a success and make a few bucks. Please... if you want to help....... spread the word, buy a ticket, invite some friends, let's pack the place and help the Farmer City Fairboard so some improvements can be done.I Guarantee you there is no promoter walking out of there with a pocket full of money..... None of us can do this alone, but if we all work together for a common goal, it is amazing what we can accomplish. Thanks to All Involved!!

Thanks to all of you for the vote of confidence,our purpose of this whole weekend is to put on a great high profile event that they (the fairboard) get to call the shots on and can call their own. We have some great people involved in the planning of this event. If it happens to make any profit the first year, the profit will stay at the facility and reinvested towards capital improvements. Weekly racing is tough right now and a break even night is a good night, the only way improvements will happen is if the big races are a success and make a few bucks. Please... if you want to help....... spread the word, buy a ticket, invite some friends, let's pack the place and help the Farmer City Fairboard so some improvements can be done.I Guarantee you there is no promoter walking out of there with a pocket full of money..... None of us can do this alone, but if we all work together for a common goal, it is amazing what we can accomplish. Thanks to All Involved!!
    Gunner, I assure you we'll be there along with probably 7 or 8 friends. In the days and weeks leading up to race weekend we'll be spreading the word and cajoling anyone willing to listen.

I should have plenty of "off" time in May ..so I believe i'll drive up from Tennessee to watch this .. I made my first-ever visit to Farmer City and Fairbury last year and loved it!

Two more drivers (Michael Luna & Scott Shelton) have made it known that they will be following the MARS east series, This brings the total to 15 East drivers to start the season.along with 6 Confirmed West drivers. We have every reason to believe all 21 of these guys will be here for the entire weekend May 11th -14th. We will update this list as we learn more.

MARS EAST DRIVERS SO FAR
    Caleb Ashby
    Larry Greer
    Tanner English
    Clayton Miller
    Matt Potter
    Charles Zimmerman
    John Minon Jr.
    Farrel Skelton
    Joe Godsey
    Nathan Vawter
    Richard Frost
    Terry English
    Levi Ashby
    Michael Luna
    Scott Shelton

MARS WEST DRIVERS SO FAR
    Jeff Roth
    Randy Roth
    Payton Looney
    Justin Asplin
    Raymond Merrill
    Tony Jackson Jr.
    Last edited by Farmer City Raceway; 01-29-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High5atflagstand View Post
    Hey here is a thought ball bag stfu there are plenty of faults with a lot of tracks but that's no reason not to support them. I honestly believe people can find anything to bi$&h about and when they have done enough well we have a closed track and no where to go on a fri or sat night!
    You're 4 posts have been all biching. Lol, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    You're 4 posts have been all biching. Lol, you're right.
    Kind of like the pot callin the kettle black
    8/13/16