Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Nascar points

If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Sounds like from what I'm reading the drivers like the idea. I guess we will see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Its a shame Bill Jr. doesn't have any intelligent offspring!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

It's nothing more that more gobbledygook to go along with all the rest of the silly gimmicks.

I know that it's old but more than ever it's applicable, LOL!!:

They still have the silly qualifying process, they still have the silly playoff system. They'll still give a championship to some guy that didn't compete in 1/3 of the races, etc., etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's nothing more that more gobbledygook to go along with all the rest of the silly gimmicks.

I know that it's old but more than ever it's applicable, LOL!!:

They still have the silly qualifying process, they still have the silly playoff system. They'll still give a championship to some guy that didn't compete in 1/3 of the races, etc., etc., etc.
    Yeah you have worn it out my friend that's for sure lol

I don't care as long as it makes the racing better but, I doubt it will until they change these cars from being so areo dependant

Ya know, I don't know why anyone really cares? As long as the racing is good, my income is not affected by what ever points system they have... it doesn't affect my life in the least... I just want to watch them race... if it makes them race harder, then so be it, I'll enjoy it that much more... I'm not tied to one driver or team or brand of car... I just want good racing, could not care any less about their point system... as a matter of fact, I didn't even bother to read it, cause it affects me in no way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yeah you have worn it out my friend that's for sure lol
    Kid, I know, I know, but I just couldn't resist. It's just that it fit so perfectly at the moment. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Ya know, I don't know why anyone really cares? As long as the racing is good, my income is not affected by what ever points system they have... it doesn't affect my life in the least... I just want to watch them race... if it makes them race harder, then so be it, I'll enjoy it that much more... I'm not tied to one driver or team or brand of car... I just want good racing, could not care any less about their point system... as a matter of fact, I didn't even bother to read it, cause it affects me in no way!!!
    The reason I care is because I'm really sad that the days are long gone from when NASCAR Cup racing was such an important part of how many of us spent our leisure time. I really enjoyed it. They have taken most of the joy we used to derive from it away and replaced it with sheer silliness. I do not, nor will I ever, regret the contempt myself and many others hold for where NASCAR is today. It's not some middle aged change resistant guy pining for the good old days, it's the truth.

You make a lot of sense in this post muddy ol' buddy when you ask why anyone should care and it's a legitimate question. You also know we're open minded to all good racing (unlike you), but their feeble, ill conceived gimmickry has sufficiently jaded many of us and I justifiably fear it ain't ever coming back.

Kid, I know, I know, but I just couldn't resist. It's just that it fit so perfectly at the moment. LOL!!

The reason I care is because I'm really sad that the days are long gone from when NASCAR Cup racing was such an important part of how many of us spent our leisure time. I really enjoyed it. They have taken most of the joy we used to derive from it away and replaced it with sheer silliness. I do not, nor will I ever, regret the contempt myself and many others hold for where NASCAR is today. It's not some middle aged change resistant guy pining for the good old days, it's the truth.

You make a lot of sense in this post muddy ol' buddy when you ask why anyone should care and it's a legitimate question. You also know we're open minded to all good racing (unlike you), but their feeble, ill conceived gimmickry has sufficiently jaded many of us and I justifiably fear it ain't ever coming back.

Funny because I was going to say " wait for it " CIRF responds lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Funny because I was going to say " wait for it " CIRF responds lmao!!!
    Ha! I think I'm starting to get what you're trying to say here!! LOL!!

Ha! I think I'm starting to get what you're trying to say here!! LOL!!
    lmao.......................................

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I thought some of yall would like to know what theyve 'figured out' for this season. I dont care. Not watching anyway lol. I get updates off a sports app.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

At this point, I believe most people have given up trying to understand the point system period, they just watch the races and know better than to think overall accomplishment matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    At this point, I believe most people have given up trying to understand the point system period, they just watch the races and know better than to think overall accomplishment matters.
    DING, DING, DING!!! The leading contender for post of the month at this point.

Very good Clay!

Watch the racing...screw the points, they don't affect you one way or the other...Whether they have this point system or the one from five years ago or 15 years ago, it changes nothing.... Did you know the number of points each driver of your go kart races a couple weeks ago? Nope, you didn't, cause you didn't care cause all you wanted was a good batch of racing.... in essence, you can take your holier then thou garbage down the pike cause its just so much hot air... Really hated to see Cousin Carl go, he was one of the 6 or 7 fav's of mine...

GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK !!! I'm sure this latest last ditch effort will have fans beating down the gates to come in ! This will bring in so many people that they will have to bring back all of the bleachers that were hauled away.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK !!! I'm sure this latest last ditch effort will have fans beating down the gates to come in ! This will bring in so many people that they will have to bring back all of the bleachers that were hauled away.
    Who really cares, I mean honestly do you care? Can you blame them for trying something and I agree this is not going to work. Their time as come and gone and it's going to take a lot more then this to get the fans back and I don't see that ever happening.

This is exactly why I have given up on Nascrap!(and Tony Stewart switching to Furd) There is very little brand loyalty outside of RCR, Roush, and Hendricks. I have been a lifelong Nascrap fan until this year, it has become more like WWE or WWF, whatever they want to call it.I think if more of you guys would give Indycar a chance, you guys would become bigger fans. The racing has been better in the last couple of years.

As long as JJ gets #8, I don't care WHAT they do!

Quote Originally Posted by mudforbrains47 View Post
    Watch the racing...screw the points, they don't affect you one way or the other...Whether they have this point system or the one from five years ago or 15 years ago, it changes nothing....
    Too late to watch the racing. That boring gimmick filled train left many years ago. LOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforbrains47 View Post
    Did you know the number of points each driver of your go kart races a couple weeks ago? Nope, you didn't, cause you didn't care cause all you wanted was a good batch of racing.... in essence, you can take your holier then thou garbage down the pike cause its just so much hot air...
    The Chili Bowl is an unsanctioned event, thus there are no points involved. It's extremely high quality racing that culminates with an A-main championship finally. Real racing with one objective, and that's to win the Saturday night A-main.

Just for the record the mud cab guy they call superman that wins a whole lot in the cabs wasn't very impressive driving a real race car, now was he? In fact, he got beat BY A GIRL! LOLOL!! Them there "go carts" prove to be somewhat tougher to win in than the mud cabs, don't ya think? LOL!

Did it ever quit raining in Arizona? LOLOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-24-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Too late to watch the racing. That boring gimmick filled train left many years ago. LOL!!The Chili Bowl is an unsanctioned event, thus there are no points involved. It's extremely high quality racing that culminates with an A-main championship finally. Real racing with one objective, and that's to win the Saturday night A-main.

Just for the record the mud cab guy they call superman that wins a whole lot in the cabs wasn't very impressive driving a real race car, now was he? In fact, he got beat BY A GIRL! LOLOL!! Them there "go carts" prove to be somewhat tougher to win in than the mud cabs, don't ya think? LOL!

Did it ever quit raining in Arizona? LOLOL!!
    Explain to me CIRF how the points affect the viewer.... Or can anyone else explain to me how the points affect the racing for the viewer?