Default Unions flipping to Republican

A large number of trade union representatives met with President Trump yesterday, expecting to be eviscerated. Instead, they left completely stunned, and said it was the best meeting with a U.S. president in the history of unions. President Trump told them he had their backs 100 percent. MY GUESS: HERE IS WHY

Trade unions are largely responsible for the large middle class America once had. There is no reason for the top few billionaires to own 75 percent as much wealth as the world's bottom 75 percent combined. There is no reason for CEO's to get paid thousands of times as much as the janitor. In Japan, CEO's do not have such a huge wage gap, (it is usually right around 30X and that is still good enough to live very good, especially if people at the bottom are paid well.

President Trump knows the unions gave birth to America's large middle class, and if you are going to "make America great again" you HAVE TO have a robust middle class. That can't happen for as long as a bunch of illegals can undermine a union, or for as long as legal imported workers can undermine a union. By giving unions huge backing and increasing their strength, President Trump has turned unions into enforcement organizations against illegal labor. That was efficient.

At the same time Trump makes it much harder to peddle foreign goods on American soil, President Trump will in effect make the most cost effective choice for American businesses to be to pay people fairly and not hire illegals.

And because of this, the unions, in a day, have appeared to flip from Democrat to backing President Trump in a SINGLE DAY.

This ended up being a dominant story on Fox News and has now spread out to many other news outlets. Obviously we have to see where this goes from here, but it is sure looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    A large number of trade union representatives met with President Trump yesterday, expecting to be eviscerated. Instead, they left completely stunned, and said it was the best meeting with a U.S. president in the history of unions. President Trump told them he had their backs 100 percent. MY GUESS: HERE IS WHY

Trade unions are largely responsible for the large middle class America once had. There is no reason for the top few billionaires to own 75 percent as much wealth as the world's bottom 75 percent combined. There is no reason for CEO's to get paid thousands of times as much as the janitor. In Japan, CEO's do not have such a huge wage gap, (it is usually right around 30X and that is still good enough to live very good, especially if people at the bottom are paid well.

President Trump knows the unions gave birth to America's large middle class, and if you are going to "make America great again" you HAVE TO have a robust middle class. That can't happen for as long as a bunch of illegals can undermine a union, or for as long as legal imported workers can undermine a union. By giving unions huge backing and increasing their strength, President Trump has turned unions into enforcement organizations against illegal labor. That was efficient.

At the same time Trump makes it much harder to peddle foreign goods on American soil, President Trump will in effect make the most cost effective choice for American businesses to be to pay people fairly and not hire illegals.

And because of this, the unions, in a day, have appeared to flip from Democrat to backing President Trump in a SINGLE DAY.

This ended up being a dominant story on Fox News and has now spread out to many other news outlets. Obviously we have to see where this goes from here, but it is sure looking good!
    So are you for unions? because I could care less what party they are affilated with as long as we keep good paying jobs in this country

Yes. America's manufacturing became great thru specialization. Being able to maintain a career FULLTIME

This is a big deal IMO. Shows a President who is reaching out to all sides. For the people, for what is important.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    This is a big deal IMO. Shows a President who is reaching out to all sides. For the people, for what is important.
    I agree 100%

Finally someone gets it. The Unions are one of the only Congressional lobbyist that represents the average man. Unions and NRA is all you have, like it or not. My departed Uncle, once said, "support the other guys union, if you don't want in the fight, he will do it for you." As time goes by, I see more and more that he was right. In the 60s the majority of the wealth and wages was in the center of the middle class. As unions dwindled, the wealth moved to the few rich men and the middle class dwindled with the unions. If unions had stayed strong, minimum wage would be in the 17 - 18 dollar range and everyone could still afford to eat at Mc Donalds. The Economy would still be healthy because of moving money, not stagnate when the wealthy hold it or send it out of this country.

I am sure someone will come back with a anti union false fact, like union workers are lazy. They are workers like every where else. They are people like everywhere. One of the hardest jobs, I ever had was a union Job. Hot, dirty, heavy, repetitious and dangerous. It didn't take me long to see I wasn't cut out to be a foundry laborer. But you don't slow down, because your buddy down the line needs those parts to make a living for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Finally someone gets it. The Unions are one of the only Congressional lobbyist that represents the average man. Unions and NRA is all you have, like it or not. My departed Uncle, once said, "support the other guys union, if you don't want in the fight, he will do it for you." As time goes by, I see more and more that he was right. In the 60s the majority of the wealth and wages was in the center of the middle class. As unions dwindled, the wealth moved to the few rich men and the middle class dwindled with the unions. If unions had stayed strong, minimum wage would be in the 17 - 18 dollar range and everyone could still afford to eat at Mc Donalds. The Economy would still be healthy because of moving money, not stagnate when the wealthy hold it or send it out of this country.I am sure someone will come back with a anti union false fact, like union workers are lazy. They are workers like every where else. They are people like everywhere. One of the hardest jobs, I ever had was a union Job. Hot, dirty, heavy, repetitious and dangerous. It didn't take me long to see I wasn't cut out to be a foundry laborer. But you don't slow down, because your buddy down the line needs those parts to make a living for his family.
    Both well said
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!