Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Mastersbuiltracer I see what your saying but he ran him up the track purposely lap after lap. There was plenty of room in the corners at the dome, coulda ran 3 wide if needed. Those 100ft straights is what I didn't like. It would definitely get tight coming off the corners. Go back and watch that heat race. It was the first night for sure and Roberts just kept creeping up into Coulter lap after lap. Like I said, those guys know who they can punk out and who they can't. Coulter is soft spoken and a prime candidate for catching elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Casey Roberts would run over is mother off an 2 and his grandmother going into 3 to get a W! He deserves every single elbow he gets! Watch his heat against Joey Coulter in the Dome! We call him a good old fashioned swarper where I come from. These guys know who they can run over and who they can't. I still remember those scared eyes little Bobby had after he parked the zero at Florence! I'd bet a hundred to a donut he never runs the zero again!
    Lol! You been in the liquor cabinet tonight? "Scared eyes"? Yeah, that's what it looked like to me too! I got the doughnut! Only thing BP " parked" was his car in the Winner's Circle, and the hauler in the bank parking lot up the road on 42!

Does it make you feel better about yourself comparing a 20 year old kid on his way up to one of the greatest DLM drivers of all time? If it does you better enjoy it, because the window is closing for the Zero. The kid, on the other hand, is just getting started. He's already breaking records. Youngest, youngest youngest, and youngest. It's only going to get better!

Enjoy!

Senroc I never once compared 32 to 0 because there isn't any type of comparison to be made. One was born into the sport and didn't have to work to get what he has. Now, on the other hand, the other started at the bottom and won his way to where he is today and is the greatest of all time! So like I said, no comparison to be made. You said one thing that is a fact and that is Bobby is only getting better and Scotts main competition right now besides Richards is Father Time. It's gonna be a sad day when the zero hangs up the helmet, even for the zero haters. Love him or hate him? The fact is many pay to see him win and many pay to see him lose but we all pay to watch him race. Scott made his way to Bobby in victory circle and Bobby had his crew run to his side so I think it's a fair assessment to say one could see the fear in his eyes. I will say it a million times, Bobby didn't have to pass him the way he did. The track really glazed over and the cushion was really making good time. Bobby was faster and could have easily pulled minimum, a clan slider. That's old news. It's too bad that Scott is 90% of the time ahead of Bobby and we may never get to see him repay the favor. One day Bobby will more than likely be the man to beat but I guarantee I never jump on that bandwagon!

Senroc I never once compared 32 to 0 because there isn't any type of comparison to be made. One was born into the sport and didn't have to work to get what he has. Now, on the other hand, the other started at the bottom and won his way to where he is today and is the greatest of all time! So like I said, no comparison to be made. You said one thing that is a fact and that is Bobby is only getting better and Scotts main competition right now besides Richards is Father Time. It's gonna be a sad day when the zero hangs up the helmet, even for the zero haters. Love him or hate him? The fact is many pay to see him win and many pay to see him lose but we all pay to watch him race. Scott made his way to Bobby in victory circle and Bobby had his crew run to his side so I think it's a fair assessment to say one could see the fear in his eyes. I will say it a million times, Bobby didn't have to pass him the way he did. The track really glazed over and the cushion was really making good time. Bobby was faster and could have easily pulled minimum, a clan slider. That's old news. It's too bad that Scott is 90% of the time ahead of Bobby and we may never get to see him repay the favor. One day Bobby will more than likely be the man to beat but I guarantee I never jump on that bandwagon!
    Too bad we won't find out at the Big E 😂

I'm glad you realized that Bobby had the field covered at Florence. So what makes a difference as to how he passed anyone, if he was going to pass them anyway. You can dispose of them quickly or jack around and put your car in danger. I don't foresee Bobby messing around on who ever he passes. When he does, I'll look for that scared look in his eyes. Anyone that knows racing knows, the time to pass a car is just like the time to buy a antique. That time is when you can. If you have a run going to pass a car and wait for a better one. You will still be waiting at the end of the race. I make it a practice not to second guess successful drivers. If I had any credibility, I probably be there doing it. I guess we all do a little grandstands driving. It's easy from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I did see josh run up thru the pack at one of his local race tracks ruffing his way up thru. I cant remember the wv race track. No clean driving there. Im not discrediting him hes one of the best. But I also have seen him bull his way around to.
    Same here, when he use to run Ernie Davis' car locally id see him do it. Im not bashing him here but that was when I started disliking him. A buddy ive known since middle school passed Richards for the lead clean and got dumped in the next turn. The night at Friendship i think he hit every car on the track but Ferguson. I will say since then ive seen him race about 40 times and he raced clean. Hed race hard, maybe a lil bump here n there but that's normal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The Dome?! You are talking about racing in a gymnasium where there is no room. I have seen Roberts race some good races with some race long battles and never hit anyone. The Dome was a demolition derby.
    Well said. Using the dome as an example of anything isn't a very good example. As slow as they were going, a little rubbing isn't the end of the world.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I'm glad you realized that Bobby had the field covered at Florence. So what makes a difference as to how he passed anyone, if he was going to pass them anyway. You can dispose of them quickly or jack around and put your car in danger. I don't foresee Bobby messing around on who ever he passes. When he does, I'll look for that scared look in his eyes. Anyone that knows racing knows, the time to pass a car is just like the time to buy a antique. That time is when you can. If you have a run going to pass a car and wait for a better one. You will still be waiting at the end of the race. I make it a practice not to second guess successful drivers. If I had any credibility, I probably be there doing it. I guess we all do a little grandstands driving. It's easy from there.
    Long as that's the way you want it when the shoes on the foot of someone you don't like. You pass people how you want to be passed. Has nothing to do with well he was faster. No sh!t, everyone who is passing someone is faster at that moment. It's wether or not you can continue to race as you do and have a car in one piece. And you can say I'm picking on Bobby, I don't give a sh!t. I'm talking about Bobby and anyone else, you better drive people as you want to be driven, or sh!t is going to eventually get pretty hairy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Long as that's the way you want it when the shoes on the foot of someone you don't like. You pass people how you want to be passed. Has nothing to do with well he was faster. No sh!t, everyone who is passing someone is faster at that moment. It's wether or not you can continue to race as you do and have a car in one piece. And you can say I'm picking on Bobby, I don't give a sh!t. I'm talking about Bobby and anyone else, you better drive people as you want to be driven, or sh!t is going to eventually get pretty hairy.
    Using the pass Bobby made on Bloomer in the N/S, Bloomer pinched Bobby to the bottom to take away the slider. Bobby made the slider and Bloomer had to lift. So in effect, Bloomer took some of Bobbies track and Bobby took some of Bloomers. Sliders are a part of racing and most conclude with the car being passed, having to slow down or do a crossover move. Running low to block a slider is no dirty, but not really stand up either. It's a choice just like running low in the corner and high in the straights, to block the high groove. You can do it, but what they have to do to get around them, isn't pretty at times. As I once heard in the pits, "pick your line, if you pick the whole track, there is going to be trouble." I believe anyone that raced anything, has heard that and knows what trouble is.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Like your final projection.........落
    write it down
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Chris Madden will shock the world of Late Model racing and win the WOO title this year 2017.......

I don't know if it's because Lanigan isn't very well liked around 4m or what, but I think a lot of you are closing the book on him too soon based on last year's results. And it's easy to do, since everybody Cint Bowyer Racing touches gets some sort of sickness that prevents them from doing much winning in his cars.

But I think Lanigan was starting to turn it around towards the end of last season and he strikes me as the kind with a lot of fire in his belly, so I look for him to win a lot more than he did last year.

Of course, as long as he's with Bowyer, it's entirely possible he will go winless on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Chris Madden will shock the world of Late Model racing and win the WOO title this year 2017.......
    I don't think that would be particularly shocking. The WoO is looking pretty wide open heading into the season. It might not have the star power of Lucas, but it's got a bunch of talent on a similar level that should make for some super competitive races.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I don't know if it's because Lanigan isn't very well liked around 4m or what, but I think a lot of you are closing the book on him too soon based on last year's results. And it's easy to do, since everybody Cint Bowyer Racing touches gets some sort of sickness that prevents them from doing much winning in his cars.

But I think Lanigan was starting to turn it around towards the end of last season and he strikes me as the kind with a lot of fire in his belly, so I look for him to win a lot more than he did last year.

Of course, as long as he's with Bowyer, it's entirely possible he will go winless on the season.
    Darrell will be better in 17.....stamp it.

He isn't very well liked around here cuz people think he stuck up or whatever. I got to hang around him and his group a bunch last year. People just don't know how to take him, he's actually a funny guy.

Bubstr, back to that north south pass. Scott didn't pull down to block the slider and Bobby sure as hell didn't complete a clean slider. Bobbys right rr tire made hard contact with the zeros lf. ChubbabdBloomer fan called it right. That was a dirty pass that didn't have to be made that way. It's really ashame that that cushion saved the 32s as$ as it always does and he won the race the way he did. Your car has to be handling pretty chitty to run the cushion that night because the thing was a foot tall and hard as a brick. He already knocked the rr and spoiler off the car early in the race. The track slowed down 3 seconds from heat race speeds and the cushion was the dominant line. He was clearly faster at the end and should have made that pass clean. I guarantee zero put that one in the old memory bank and will be ready for payback when the time comes. People always say well Scott had just as much opportunity to run the cushion as Bobby but no he didn't. They had their car setup to win that race on the racetrack, to run the bottom, middle and the top. A good handling racecar is too tight to get up on the cushion. Bobby won the race with a 20th place car but he wasn't a factor without that cushion.

Such hard contact......it didn't even bend the door. First time in my life I've ever seen that happen.

I also think Lanigan will have a much better year. He started to run better towards the end of last year.