Default Fuel cell location

What is everyone's opinion on mounting a a new fuel cell, currently switching from a 32 gallon to a 22 gallon wedge. I plan on making it adjustable for a little tuning, just wondering how high or far forward to mount it.

as high as possible as forward as possible as left as possible, no need for adjustable, there isnt enough room on a mod to move it more than a few inches side to side

couldn't have said it better don't waste you time with adjustable get it up as high and left forward as possible

I am not sure why you guys want to burn off left side weight...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    3-4 gallons burn off.

You mount it the few inches left in your rails so when you smack the wall with the rr you have a little extra to spare over there, nothing to do with left side weight.

the cell on a modified is not even possible to get to left of centerline.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I guess that's best for every racetrack in America!....sarcasm of course!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I've seen situations were mounting it forward was the right place,other times as far back was faster.I race at alot of different tracks so I mount mine it the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    I've seen situations were mounting it forward was the right place,other times as far back was faster.I race at alot of different tracks so I mount mine it the middle.
    As far forward in a grt modified is ALREADY as far back as it can go with a 22 gallon cell.

There is only room to move the cell left to right 3 inches.

Most modifieds are built close to these same specs. the only way you get a little more leeway is if you run a 12 gallon cell like I did the last two seasons.

It's on an older hughes, I can move it as much a 5 inches left to right and 10 inches front to back.

Stock Car Driver, check out the Superior Fuel Cells 22 gallon cell. It's a wedge cell that with a sloep on the front half of the top. This lets you slide the cell forward and side to side more without getting into the downtubes. I run it in my GRT and it's the standard for every car that rolls out of our shop.

The goal is to minimize polar moment. Mount it as close to the center of the car front to back, left to right as possible. If you need wedge, drive or left side % use lead to get what you need.

Mounting it high will tighten the car
    Mounting it low will free the car up
    Last edited by ModRacer12H; 01-27-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKD12a View Post
    Stock Car Driver, check out the Superior Fuel Cells 22 gallon cell. It's a wedge cell that with a sloep on the front half of the top. This lets you slide the cell forward and side to side more without getting into the downtubes. I run it in my GRT and it's the standard for every car that rolls out of our shop.
    I sold out in the spring. I was running a special built gas carb the last season so I had a 12 gallon cell and burned 5 gallons total a night max all season. With that little burn off my car was consistent from green to checker. the year prior on alky i would charge to the front or at least forward passing cars and then lose 2-3 spots as the race went on. the burn off is the only thing I changed in the offseason to address that.