Thread: Motor combo

Default Motor combo

Our track has opened up the rules some this year. Any Hyd. cam any carb and roller rockers. What would be a good starting point? 3/8 mild bank 2900# 3 link. Thanks

What kind of heads are you allowed to run? Can you run headers? Is there a RPM limit or what do you typically run for RPM? Can you run a hydraulic roller or must it be flat tappet? What about compression are you limited there or not?

Running WP 052 76CC heads...Headers 3 1/2 outlet... I turn 6200-6500 rpm.. 7101 intake.. 4.030 bore Hyper 4 EB pistons..Hyd. Flat tappet....No roller cams just roller rockers....No compression rule..Also stock single valve spring with dampner...I use the z28 springs...Thanks
    Last edited by SRT17; 01-26-2017 at 04:15 PM.

headers to large

Chassis Headers 1 3/4 tubes with muffler and turn downs...

Headers are too big for that combo and rpm range.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

What is your question? If your wanting to know what a person would build for those rules it would depend on your budget...

I wouldnt use those wp heads unless they were mandatory or heavy hyper pistons whatsoever.

I am looking for advice on cam size and carb cfm. I run the isky lr3 and 600 holley now. Does good when I can get the car to hook up..I won a few last year. So I know what I have can win...My machinist said to stay with the cam and get 1.6I 1.5E roller rockers....Just seeing if any one had any better combos... Don't want to get out motored....LOL also those heads or stock...Thanks
    Last edited by SRT17; 01-27-2017 at 07:23 PM.

ic, by reading your first post it sounded like the rules you posted were the only rules... not what was changed.

your motor would run like a whole different engine with some decent forged pistons, even basic mahle pistons are hundreds of grams lighter than yours and use much thinner rings.

If your having trouble hooking your car up as you say go to a wider lobe separation so the power is smoother and hits easier, it will also give you a wider operating rpm.

Sorry for the confusion...We can only run cast or Hyp pistons. I am most of the problem with it not hooking up...LOL I have a BAD habit OF WANTING TO MATT IT TO THE FLOOR coming out of the turns....That is why I went with the bigger tube headers, trying to move the power band. I was also looking at changing the intake to like an air gap...

Get a 200# throttle return spring!

Talked to Isky they suggested the 292 Mega hydraulic cam. .505 lift 1.5 roller rockers with a open intake and a 750 holley

isky doesnt make anything worth buying, 1960s technology