Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Coup 101

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_C...S._involvement

"The first, non-military, approach involved attempting a constitutional coup. This was known as the Track I approach, in which the CIA, with the approval of the 40 Committee, attempted to bribe the Chilean legislature, tried to influence public opinion against Allende, and provided funding to strikes designed to coerce him into resigning."

"The other approach of the CIA, also known as the Track II approach, was an attempt to encourage a military coup by creating a climate of crisis across the country. False flag operatives contacted senior Chilean military officers, and informed them that the U.S. would actively support a coup, but would revoke all military aid if such a coup did not happen.[41] In addition, the CIA gave extensive support for black propaganda against Allende, channeled mostly through El Mercurio. Financial assistance was also given to Allende's political opponents, and for organizing strikes and unrest to destabilize the government."

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycacace View Post
    Ok, but you are now conflating the 'budget' and 'national debt' which are completely different measures. While I'll concede that it is likely few administrations have ever paid off the national debt, clearly no one has ever budgeted to do so either. However, the interest due on the debt has been fully paid, even in years of surplus, as this component would be included in the sourced material.
    And you are condoning the Washington DC pencil whooping. That is the peculiar way of congressional book keeping.. You either owe money or you don't. Jackson was the only President that didn't owe money. Had they lived, two other Presidents, may have accomplished this feat. Lincoln and Kennedy. It does seem strange that the three Presidents that threatened to or did get rid of debt based dollars, had attempts made on their lives.

BTW, How can you pay off interest at 6 %, if the principle isn't paid? More DC pencil whooping? When a Politician say's Balanced budget, put up the red flag. Compound interest is the most powerful force in the world. Not the most powerful army in the world can overcome it.

Here's an analogy:

Race team USA knows that if they can buy a new drivetrain, they can win the track championship and, along with that, a $10,000 points purse. But, they need money to first buy the engine/tranny and can't afford to pay a traditional loan payment throughout the year. So, they ask bank 1 for a ballon loan due in 12 months at 6%. This is structured where USA only pays $60 a month; then at month 12, they pay the remaining $9,937 principal.

Monthly payment is $59.96 for 11 payments

Balloon payment:$9,937.10

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/...#ixzz4XTijekhP

Now USA did good and won the $10,000 and was able to cover all other expenses throughout the year, or they had a balanced operating budget. But they find bad news at end of year teardown and they need at least $3,000, that should go to pay the balloon payment, for repairs. So, USA goes to bank 2 and gets a $13,000 balloon loan, expecting to get at least one $3,000 sponsor next year to cover the new debt. And on and on.

Is this 'pencil whooping?' Not sure what that means, but I think I understand what y'er getting at. IMO no, this is more or less how corporate bonds and US Treasuries work when they are refinanced; so, it's basic financing principles opposed to 'pencil whooping.'

As to your use of 6%, this is likely in reference to the interest rate charged the US Govt for borrowing. It hasn't been this high since 2000.

http://www.macrotrends.net/2521/30-y...te-yield-chart

Agree on compound interest and army comments; Rome learned this the hard way, eh?
    Last edited by anthonycacace; 02-01-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: grammar/sourcing

That is a very interesting analogy.

Seems that the topic of this thread has changed to economics for some reason? Wondering what it is? A nation defending it's borders and wham we are talking about interest rates??? What is the connection?
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 02-01-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Seems that the topic of this thread has changed to economics for some reason? Wondering what it is? A nation defending it's borders and wham we are talking about interest rates??? What is the connection?
    It is libtard smoke and mirrors misdirection !

Topic of thread: Why can't they stop?

Answer: they are attempting a coup

Look at past coups. Same play

If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Trump 2020
    Last edited by balljoint; 02-02-2017 at 01:04 AM.

The connection was Andrew Jackson. Trump put up a picture of him, to remind him that doing what you promised or the right thing was sometimes unpopular. I mentioned some things he did like a real balanced budget, no balloon payments or pencil whipping. Trump still has to build this wall and even some of his supporters are going to regrets some of the aftermath. Down to basics, this defending our borders is all about economics and nothing but economics. More jobs, better pay, less welfare, all economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The connection was Andrew Jackson.
    Hamilton Good

Jackson Bad

They say

https://www.dogonews.com/2016/4/26/h...0-dollars-bill

Seems that the topic of this thread has changed to economics for some reason? Wondering what it is?
    The original intent of the thread, based on post #1, was a link to a story about how some Dems are calling for impeachment; which, I even admitted was premature in my first response.
    A nation defending it's borders
    And yet, I hijacked the post?
    and wham we are talking about interest rates??? What is the connection?
    For this piece, it was a result of a misleading statement made by a poster about Jackson, that ended up leading to additional discussion.

Not sure Clayton why you have now twice, but deleted the earlier post, felt the need to denigrate the discussion or individuals partaking in it. Instead of misdirecting, deflecting, or whining next time, which I hear is what libtards do, why not add something of value to the conversation?
    Last edited by anthonycacace; 02-02-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    Topic of thread: Why can't they stop?

Answer: they are attempting a coup

Look at past coups. Same play
    BINGO! The real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The connection was Andrew Jackson. Trump put up a picture of him, to remind him that doing what you promised or the right thing was sometimes unpopular. I mentioned some things he did like a real balanced budget, no balloon payments or pencil whipping. Trump still has to build this wall and even some of his supporters are going to regrets some of the aftermath. Down to basics, this defending our borders is all about economics and nothing but economics. More jobs, better pay, less welfare, all economics.
    And eventually a destroyed culture and nation and hello United Nations.

These people want cheap labor but the long range cost is the end of the nation.
    Sure donors have owned politicians more and more, but if it does not end, the country will.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycacace View Post
    The original intent of the thread, based on post #1, was a link to a story about how some Dems are calling for impeachment; which, I even admitted was premature in my first response.
    And yet, I hijacked the post? For this piece, it was a result of a misleading statement made by a poster about Jackson, that ended up leading to additional discussion.

Not sure Clayton why you have now twice, but deleted the earlier post, felt the need to denigrate the discussion or individuals partaking in it. Instead of misdirecting, deflecting, or whining next time, which I hear is what libtards do, why not add something of value to the conversation?
    So just what are these values? I'm sorry for being a bit clueless and insulting to your posts, but just really is the value of your focusing on financial views over philosophical realities that are as real as it gets.

Let me start off saying Im not upset about the thread being hijacked. It has been some good debate on things and thats cool. And obtw Jackson is from my great state of Tennessee. His 'home' is about 30 min from my house. Just a tid bit...lol. But back on subject for a minute. I hate that this country has become a sneaky two faced nation. This is so stupid. Now we got emails... http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-secret-email/
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!