Thread: Dirt Tv

Default Dirt Tv

Lucas Oil Racing Tv or Dirt on Dirt Video.

I can't speak for dirt on dirt as I have never watched any of their ppv. I have watched many on lucas oil tv and have really really enjoyed them. Great coverage, broadcasting, etc. For 60 dollars a year it's a no brainer for as many races that they are broadcasting.

On the Lucas oil TV site it says 59.99 and 99.99.
    I had Lucas Oil Tv last year,wondering if Dirt on Dirt is better,are the Lucas races live?are the World of Outlaw races live?are the UMP races live?.......or are all the video's from the day before

DoD's only live videos are PPV which are separate from the subscription service which gets you video highlights/features/interviews/photos/news from a large portion of every major race in the country. Plus the live talk show that appears semi-regularly. I am a DoD homer but I don't see how anyone who loves late models wouldn't love DoD.

I have yearly subscriptions to both and feel it's money well spent.

If I had to choose it would be tough....guess it would be DOD (for the overall coverage) and pick up some PPV when funds are available.

I have each of them. This year for $60 it was hard to not get Lucas oil tv as there are 9 races scheduled live just in the month of February. I also have dirt on dirt you can follow along on most races that night and see how your favorite is doing and they have really good storys and lat model live is fantastic. I dont really order many pay per views from them though because if cost but the ones i have they have been really good!

Both are well worth what you pay for them.

i asked lucasoiltv :

im wondering what the difference is between the $60 & $100 year
    packages?
    they both have the same description
    thanks

lucasoiltv replied :

Thanks for asking. We are about to push out a price increase and remove the $59.99 package. Other than that, there is no difference in the packages.
    If you lock in your rate of $59.99 you will be able to continue at that price into the future as long as the account remains in good standing and continues to automatically renew. If your account is cancelled and you sign up again in the future you will have to do so at the rate that is available at that time.
    We are also making all of our live streamed races available to yearly subscribers only. Monthly subscribers will have access to select live streamed races but not all of them. You can see the current live schedule at any time by visiting https://lucasoilracing.tv/schedule/
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

I wonder when the price hike is gonna take place...

Im guessing any day as speed weeks in very close and you know everyone will wait till the last minute to buy the subscription. I just bought mine tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BSDgraphics View Post
    Im guessing any day as speed weeks in very close and you know everyone will wait till the last minute to buy the subscription. I just bought mine tonight.
    I just got mine too...

I wouldnt count on them changing it anytime soon. I had asked the same question the week before the chili bowl and they told me it was going up the day before the race. I gambled and didnt buy it then as i knew i wasnt going to be able to watch that event anyways and didnt get hurt since i didnt change prices.

Lucas Oil TV and DoD are different products as a DoD subscription doesn't include full race live coverage. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick DoD because they make it possible to follow DLM racing like any other major sport. The Lucas TV deal is awesome because you get so many live races for the cost of about 3 race days of PPV coverage on DoD.

Didn't Lucas oil only show the late models starting with heats, b mains and feature last year? They would not broadcast races after their feature. I remember people being upset as they thought it was like a DoD broadcast showing every lap of racing that night.

if you can do both,I think it's the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by BSDgraphics View Post
    Didn't Lucas oil only show the late models starting with heats, b mains and feature last year? They would not broadcast races after their feature. I remember people being upset as they thought it was like a DoD broadcast showing every lap of racing that night.
    In some cases that was true. I can't site specific examples where they showed support classes, but for certain they showed full coverage of both Lates and Modifieds for some events. Other times I know they only started with heats and the other class coverage was spotty...showing some races and not others.

I remember last year them showing mini sprints. Cant remember the race tho

If you look in Shows for LOTV you can find mods, sprints AMA flat track, build shows, boat races, drag racing, Dave DeSpain show on and on. There is a lot to watch, depending on what your interested in.