Default Illinois Race Fans Take Heed, Here Comes The Tax Man!

The State of Illinois is bankrupt and the chitcago political cesspool is going to start bleeding us downstate hicks every time we walk through the racetrack turnstiles.

The article quotes Kenny Dobson and he doesn't sound all that optimistic. Kenny is as good of a race promoter as there is and if he's worried I think maybe we all should be concerned. I personally will pay the added tax albeit grudgingly, but there are plenty of fans, especially families that can't/won't pay the added tax.

I was born, raised, educated, make my living and probably will die in Illinois but this has to be the $hittiest state in the union to live. Well, maybe not quite as bad as New York and California, but close. Highest property taxes in the country, crookedest politicians, etc., etc., etc. I do not wish to be political here but the politics of this crap affects every last one of us that hangs out here!

https://speedsport.com/racing-nation...-face-new-tax/
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.

You can thank your X president for that!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

with what I've looked at its about 1-2 bucks a person, in the pits thats another story

Are you sure that 'tax' wont go to build the Obama Foundation building?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I see going to an athletic club may warrant the "amusement" tax? I guess Illinois would rather we all become obese and collect disability instead of work.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 01-29-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    You can thank your X president for that!
    Guessing history class wasn't your strong point. Prohibition is what you can thank the situation in Illinois/Chicago for. The government implemented Prohibition, which gave the mob more power, and Chicago was there stronghold. And it hasn't changed because it's like any other big city.

You want one better, our Mayor here in Lancaster, Ohio, who I voted for, a R, is wearing an ankle bracelet and refuses to step down. Convicted of a felony, his wife is serving 4 years, and he thinks he can still run our town well when he knowingly let her keep embezzling while he didn't pay taxes. After Deborah Smalley, our Auditor I think, got nailed too.

Any of you that thinks either of these two parties is better than the other is high as a kite, period.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Guessing history class wasn't your strong point. Prohibition is what you can thank the situation in Illinois/Chicago for. The government implemented Prohibition, which gave the mob more power, and Chicago was there stronghold. And it hasn't changed because it's like any other big city.

You want one better, our Mayor here in Lancaster, Ohio, who I voted for, a R, is wearing an ankle bracelet and refuses to step down. Convicted of a felony, his wife is serving 4 years, and he thinks he can still run our town well when he knowingly let her keep embezzling while he didn't pay taxes. After Deborah Smalley, our Auditor I think, got nailed too.

Any of you that thinks either of these two parties is better than the other is high as a kite, period.
    Evidently chupp n bloomer fan,you cannot understand and comprehend the kings english.The title of this forum is (LIES,RUMORS,AND ALL POINTS IN BETWEEN.)

With that said,we should contact AL CAPONES known,and or living relatives (IF ANY) to see if they want to contribute to the tax fund.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

People and businesses leaving the state at a hectic pace. State operating at a 500 million dollar a month deficit. Talking about raising income and corporate taxes again.

Tracks running special events might be able to eat this increase during those events. Weekly racing where they're charging 10-12 bucks a night admission might have to add that new tax on.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post

What a story, cnbf! You tweaked my curiosity so I did a little digging into your mayoral situation. One thing you have to grant these people is they dam sure have some chutzpah. Something like this could easily take place in chitcago. The difference is that the dirty work in chitcago is done by people who are expendable and willing to take the fall for their superiors. It's been done many times up in the mistake by the lake. The powers that be make sure the fall guy is comfortable and protected and his family is discreetly provided for. It's the chitcago way! LOL!

cnbf, is there not some impeachment mechanism in place within the city charter to facilitate proceedings to that effect?

Along those same lines there is an Illinois State Representative who was indicted for felony bribery in July prior to the 2012 November elections and promptly expelled from the legislature. He was able to keep his name on the ballot and subsequently reelected to the same position in his chitcago district. The legislature had to let him be sworn in and due to some technicalities they couldn't expel him again. Only in chitcago!!

Per archives.fbi.gov, it was Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D) (10th District).
    On March 13, 2012, Representative Smith was indicted on bribery charges after allegedly receiving a $7,000 cash payment in exchange for writing a letter in support of a day care center to receive a $50,000 state grant. The indictment was the result of a campaign worker for Smith who was also working as an informant for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. According to the indictment Smith wrote the letter to help a fictitious day care owner in a bid for an Early Childhood Construction Grant from the Illinois State Capital Development Board. Following his victory in the 2012 Primary, Republicans in the State General Assembly called for a special House panel to investigate the corruption charges against Smith. House Speaker Michael Madigan(D) announced shortly afterwards that three representatives had been appointed and would begin investigating in March 2012.
    Smith was expelled from the Illinois House of Representatives by a vote of 100 to 6 on August 17, 2012. However, Smith was still on the ballot for the November 2012 General Election. Smith won reelection and was sworn in January 9, 2013, reclaiming his seat. Per state law, he could not be expelled a second time for the same offense.
    In March 2014, Smith lost his district's primary election to Pamela Reaves-Harris(D), rendering Smith a lame duck official.
    Jurors deliberated for about four hours over two days before returning a guilty verdict on 10 June 2014, which automatically resulted in Smith being removed from his House seat for a second time. Federal prosecutors sought a sentence of five years in federal prison. A federal judge sentenced him to just 5 months in prison.