Default Rocket engine location.

Where would be a good starting point to mount our engine in a black front rocket as far as height and left or right? We are running an open steel block.

Up 1" and to the right.

What about a Rocket with a 604? Being its aluminum head and steel block?

I have my 604 up 1" and to the right as well.

Does rocket recommend changing pinion angle if you raise or lower the engine? I know they recommend 7 degrees measured off the pinion, but the angle between the pinion and driveshaft would change based on how high the engine is? Or are they not concerned with how much it would change? Just set the pinion at 7 and go?

If you raise the engine the angle change is equivalent. If you tilt the engine you would have a variable. The rear rotates so much during acceleration and decel the angle is never really complimentary. 7deg tends to be a general medium. Changing it when moving the engine around should be considered but none the less I still believe this is not an item that will put even a second place car in victory lane. Set it so as to not throw the driveshaft out and focus on more important things. Jmo

As far as starting point steel block to the right and low. Alum third hole down all left with 1" spacer on front. As always just my opinion.