Thread: Brake floater

Default Brake floater

I see most cars run a LR brake floater, my car is set up with the brake on the birdcage. Can you guys explain what the pros and cons of each setup is.

I asked Chad Wehrs when I would put the caliper on the cage instead of the floater and this was his response: "Short tracks when you need to turn it gets the car up quicker and on the RF harder than the brake floater does."

The con of it on the cage is you cant adjust it. You dont need it to work that much most of the time. When I ran it on my cage I pretty much had to stay off the brakes, or very very light pressure.

I ran both on the cage and with a bar.

You can adjust the floater with a bar to be as effective as a brake on the cage easily as well as make it almost neutral. Its a much better set up in my opinion.

SCD is right. On the cage makes little sense, IMO. Nothing to gain there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Depends on shock valving. Less compression we ran them at more angle. More compression we use less. Many variables but we like them as high as we can get them at the most angle possible. Also depends on the driver. Most rookie drivers can't 2 foot the car to make it really work. But to answer your question get your upper bar to match your LR shock and the rest of your set up. To give you an example we went from a winning car to one that was horrible after a LR shock issue.