Thread: Safety Question

Default Safety Question

I've got a question about (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit room. Are there any studies or knowledge as to how much room should be above the drivers head in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit? Distance between helmet top and bottom of roof bars? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pits are getting smaller and for a taller driver there isn't much for room.

I've got a question about c0ckpit room. Are there any studies or knowledge as to how much room should be above the drivers head in the c0ckpit? Distance between helmet top and bottom of roof bars? c0ckpits are getting smaller and for a taller driver there isn't much for room.

Default Studies

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    I've got a question about c0ckpit room. Are there any studies or knowledge as to how much room should be above the drivers head in the c0ckpit? Distance between helmet top and bottom of roof bars? c0ckpits are getting smaller and for a taller driver there isn't much for room.
    I don't know true figures on number of inches that stretch. however I know that in the incident of a flip belts stretch and necks stretch, felt first hand flipping a sprint car. In those times we tried to get a 2" minimum from top of helmet to bottom of cage and used roll bar padding. That being said I think the more you can accommodate the safer you are, without making the cage so tall it loses its integrity.