Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NEW IDEA - What do you guys think?

With the cost of racing continuing to increase, and racers just not being able to afford to compete in the highest level classes. Car counts have decreased dramatically! Attendance in the stands have fell off! Race Tracks have closed their doors! I HAVE AN IDEA....

Bring Back The GOOD OLD DAYS!!! New Class....

Super Lates like they used to be: (Pure Stocks Cars / Street Stocks Cars) Stock Frames, Stock Steel Bodies, 8 Inch Tires, Weight Jacks, 9 Inch Rearend, No Motor Limit!

Pay a weekly payout to them like the current Super Lates get at your local track! (Car Counts will pay the extra Purse!)

** I think this would go over BIG! Racers could afford to race again! Tracks would have to run Consolation Races at Weekly Events due to having so many cars in this class!

Don't get me wrong.... I love my Super Lates! Just looking for something that would help these race tracks that are struggling stay a float! The racing would be just as good! Can you imagine watching some of your favorite Super Late drivers doing it in a stock car!?! Trying to figure out how to get horse power to the ground without chassis and all those adjustments! Some of your older retired favorites may even make a return! (Cars they are familiar with, that technology has not passed them up!) Guys without BIG Sponsor Deals getting to play on an equal playing field!

I Don't Know..... What do you guys think!?!

In some areas, that could be a huge success.
    8/13/16

I like it! Problem is this younger generation. If it isn't a phone or a computer, they're not interested.
    Last edited by Hoosier_Dirt; 01-30-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Oh Hoosier you are so right !!!

Street stocks are way beyond those rules in a lot of places, and the frames are becoming ever harder to get. It's not a bad idea, but it's impractical.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

your right josh, also there is some street stocks down here more money in them than half the local late models there, the only way this idea would work is to restrict the amount of money spent , and thats already been tried with the advent of the crate class , and we all know how that went......

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    your right josh, also there is some street stocks down here more money in them than half the local late models there, the only way this idea would work is to restrict the amount of money spent , and thats already been tried with the advent of the crate class , and we all know how that went......
    Most rules that are made in the name of saving racers money end up costing more money long run.

The problem with some sanctioning bodies is that they don't enforce the rules in fear of running racers off and then having lower car counts. It's a double edge sword for the tracks with quite a few of them just making it week to week.

Out in Oregon they run a class called Super Sports. Late model chassis (most older cars) with sideboards, wedge nose, cheap shocks, grooved asphalt slicks, and steel blocks. Since bringing the class back a couple years ago it has had a nice car count.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Street stocks are way beyond those rules in a lot of places, and the frames are becoming ever harder to get. It's not a bad idea, but it's impractical.
    Penn-Ohio Series.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    I like it! Problem is this younger generation. If it isn't a phone or a computer, they're not interested.
    Time and money is the reason every generation isn't racing like they used to.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Penn-Ohio Series.
    The Penn Ohio series is a decent thing that runs for solid purses, but there are a bunch of cars that are more or less e-mods with fenders that run it.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 01-31-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The Penn Ohio series is a decent thing that runs for solid purses, but there are a bunch of cars that are more or less e-mods with fenders that run it.
    Shoulda clarified, that's what I was getting at when ya said they were beyond them rules. Using the Penn-Ohio series as an example. Probably close to like a 2bbl modified with full fenders.

Default wedge

Quote Originally Posted by MKD12a View Post
    Out in Oregon they run a class called Super Sports. Late model chassis (most older cars) with sideboards, wedge nose, cheap shocks, grooved asphalt slicks, and steel blocks. Since bringing the class back a couple years ago it has had a nice car count.
    I really like this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is bringing back cool

mono leaf with a lift bar. make it old school
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 01-31-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I believe it would save money. My money, because there is no way, I'm driving 2 to 3 hours to watch street stocks. They will have to pay the purse out of the back gate, because the front gate will be hurting. It also doesn't lend it's self to support the traveling series. This is what most drivers aspire to. This is what most fans want to see. These cars wouldn't transform into field fillers for a touring series, so in effect you have built a moat around your race facility and will never make or lose the big money on touring events.

We have something like this. At least it started out simple. Modifieds. To be as economical as possible, there should only be 4 classes at any track. Two premier classes and two under classes to sell their old stuff to. The promoter that puts on a good show, will pay the purse with the front gate. If not it's just part of the road to poverty. When racers started paying purses from the back gate it only increased the cost of racing.

I have a idea. A bunch of racers get together and rent a track. They charge just enough to keep the lights on and run for trophies, rules written in stone. You cheat and you get no trophy. The early days of Go Kart racing was like this. They called it club racing. It still got expensive.

Racing is a exspensive hobby for 95% of the racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I believe it would save money. My money, because there is no way, I'm driving 2 to 3 hours to watch street stocks. They will have to pay the purse out of the back gate, because the front gate will be hurting. It also doesn't lend it's self to support the traveling series. This is what most drivers aspire to. This is what most fans want to see. These cars wouldn't transform into field fillers for a touring series, so in effect you have built a moat around your race facility and will never make or lose the big money on touring events.

We have something like this. At least it started out simple. Modifieds. To be as economical as possible, there should only be 4 classes at any track. Two premier classes and two under classes to sell their old stuff to. The promoter that puts on a good show, will pay the purse with the front gate. If not it's just part of the road to poverty. When racers started paying purses from the back gate it only increased the cost of racing.

I have a idea. A bunch of racers get together and rent a track. They charge just enough to keep the lights on and run for trophies, rules written in stone. You cheat and you get no trophy. The early days of Go Kart racing was like this. They called it club racing. It still got expensive.

Amen.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Isn't this idea basically like the Illinois and wi vintage series?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

It's a good idea problem I see is finding the cars to build them out of they ain't out there anymore.Racers can't help them selves always looking to go faster .Where we race they are now allowing full jig cars w 602 vs our clip car with a little better motor maybe 400 HP on a good day and clip.cars have to weigh 2700# vs 2600# for jig. Will it work I don't know. Here is my point we have race ready car everything we did ourselves 7500$ .Last year we were racing against cars with 8500$ engines do the math it pays 300 to win weekly if you win 15 racers you have paid about have paid about half your motor bill these motors were in 15.000$$ cars. I hope. It's not too late but it ain't looking good.

We have a class almost like that hear in East Tn. Modified Street. Pretty much a clip car with a stock body open motor. Just not the 8" tire rule.