Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WoO tour

The lack of star power doesn't bother me. What matters most is competitive racing. I think WoO has a very competitive tour this season even if Madden and others drop off the tour at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    I hope I'm dead wrong but two that i could see dropping off are madden, moran....... i dont know enough about the bottom half to speculate.
    I can't see Moran dropping off, unless there is an injury or something of that matter. He's got more backing this year than he's ever had. I know he dropped off the lucas deal a couple years ago, that was just proof it hard to do on your own dime.

I completely forgot they teamed up with tye twarog, did they ever say which direction they where going with motors?

In Kovac's article on Raanta today he said Larsen will go to Speedweeks and decide after that if they will run for ROY. If not, they may do the Hell Tour. So it is still up in the air if he will run the entire tour.

"Star Power?" That always makes me laugh when the annual Lucas vs. WoO pi$$ing match starts.

I know this is a DLM forum and all, but let's be honest with each other for just one minute. If you were having a conversation with a casual race fan, anywhere in the United States, and asked them to name every racecar driver they could, they would name Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Mark Martin, Carl Edwards, D.W., and at least 10 other dudes from NASCAR that are either retired or dead before they named a single DLM driver.

When that person finally did get around to naming a DLM driver, it would likely be Bobby Pierce because of the truck race at Eldora.

All of us know that the "stars" of the DLM world can flat our wheel a racecar, but can we really say any of them have "star power" when the high school football coach in the towns we all live in would draw more attention at the grocery store than Scott Bloomquist, Josh Richards, etc.

All that said, I'll play along. Lucas will be a two-horse race...maybe, and three former "WoO" guys will finish in the top 6 in points. There will be a huge points gap after the top 2 in points. When it's all said and done there will be multiple threads on the down year Francis and EPJ had.

The WoO tour will be wide open, have more different race winners, a tighter points chase between 1st and 6th, and a former "Lucas" driver will win the championship. Shane Clanton will not win the WoO title and may not even finish in the top three in points.

Final Predictions: 1) At least two "big" names will drop off the Lucas tour during the season, 2) Madden WILL stick it out all year, 3) A regional driver will win the USA Nationals at Cedar Lake, and 4) Bloomer will continue to dominate every thread on 4m.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    "Star Power?" That always makes me laugh when the annual Lucas vs. WoO pi$$ing match starts.

I know this is a DLM forum and all, but let's be honest with each other for just one minute. If you were having a conversation with a casual race fan, anywhere in the United States, and asked them to name every racecar driver they could, they would name Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Mark Martin, Carl Edwards, D.W., and at least 10 other dudes from NASCAR that are either retired or dead before they named a single DLM driver.

When that person finally did get around to naming a DLM driver, it would likely be Bobby Pierce because of the truck race at Eldora.

All of us know that the "stars" of the DLM world can flat our wheel a racecar, but can we really say any of them have "star power" when the high school football coach in the towns we all live in would draw more attention at the grocery store than Scott Bloomquist, Josh Richards, etc.

All that said, I'll play along. Lucas will be a two-horse race...maybe, and three former "WoO" guys will finish in the top 6 in points. There will be a huge points gap after the top 2 in points. When it's all said and done there will be multiple threads on the down year Francis and EPJ had.

The WoO tour will be wide open, have more different race winners, a tighter points chase between 1st and 6th, and a former "Lucas" driver will win the championship. Shane Clanton will not win the WoO title and may not even finish in the top three in points.

Final Predictions: 1) At least two "big" names will drop off the Lucas tour during the season, 2) Madden WILL stick it out all year, 3) A regional driver will win the USA Nationals at Cedar Lake, and 4) Bloomer will continue to dominate every thread on 4m.

Every sport has "stars" or people who stand out. Just because someone from a different sport or a different form of racing don't recognize a name, doesn't mean they aren't a star in their respective sport. I'm willing to bet Scott Bloomquist is known by 99.9 percent of late model fans, making him the star of our sport, and I bet more people than you realize know who Bloomer is in other forms of racing.

Not trying to derail the thread here. Nascar fans aren't really race fans.....that's like being a fan of survivor or big brother anymore. It seems theyre always looking for new ways to twist the plot to keep people interested, that's not racing....sorry. I could really careless if those people know any of our guys are or not. I dont know many sprint guys myself, but that doesn't mean the racing is any less entertaining. Nascar isn't entertaining at all, so they can their star power if that means anything to them.

You have a point, but let's keep nascar out of this.

NASCAR??? Who is she?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Watch out for Shirley this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    I agree, now he has a year under his belt, has been to most of the WoO tracks and has the equipment and backing to challenge. He faded last season and then the injury but Arnie Ranta believes he is the guy in 2017 even if no one else does. It should be interesting to see how it all unfolds, I believe he will be a serious player for the championship. He never lacked talent what I have seen the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    I agree. I think Brian will be the one to give Sheppy a run for the title. The Cullen team visited numerous tracks for the 1st time last year. With a year under their belt and a better notebook, they'll be even better this year.
    8/13/16

Boom is running Lucas. Which IMO is a terrible choice.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Not trying to derail the thread here. Nascar fans aren't really race fans.....that's like being a fan of survivor or big brother anymore. It seems theyre always looking for new ways to twist the plot to keep people interested, that's not racing....sorry. I could really careless if those people know any of our guys are or not. I dont know many sprint guys myself, but that doesn't mean the racing is any less entertaining. Nascar isn't entertaining at all, so they can their star power if that means anything to them.

You have a point, but let's keep nascar out of this.
    Nascar fans aren't really race fans, says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I agree. I think Brian will be the one to give Sheppy a run for the title. The Cullen team visited numerous tracks for the 1st time last year. With a year under their belt and a better notebook, they'll be even better this year.
    Not to mention Arine Ranta has step up his game and will giving them whatever they need to get it done this year

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    NASCAR??? Who is she?
    She is the one that forgot the first rule of dance. Dance with the one who brang you. They traded the local driver that thought he could for the big money race teams and Yuppy fans that will bail as fast as they joined.

Any word on Eckert following full tour in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    She is the one that forgot the first rule of dance. Dance with the one who brang you. They traded the local driver that thought he could for the big money race teams and Yuppy fans that will bail as fast as they joined.
    I've attended NASCAR races in person and sat in good seats, not the cheap ones. There were no "yuppies" to be found anywhere around me. Furthermore, lets say for the sake of the argument they are yuppies. If they don't stick around, maybe NASCAR should look at why it's constantly having to re-invent itself to gin up the same levels of support it used to have when it was a bunch of southerners and Jeff Gordon racing for the Winston Cup. Or even better, back when you could still find them on dirt tracks from time to time.

Finally, let nascar die. Why should anyone give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) around here? I come here for the dirt track racing talk, and only attend dirt track races these days as I'm sure most true dirt fans do. Nascar, if it were to die, wouldn't be missed.

Let's hope the WoO has a 5-10 way race for the championship and the winner is anyone's guess going into the world finals.
    Last edited by NormP; 02-02-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Darlington is about the only NASCAR race worth going to in person anymore IMO......the worst race I ever saw there was still great.

The 500, and the Bristol night race get watched on tv nowadays....the rest of it is just background noise on Sunday.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by DNaug10 View Post
    Boom is running Lucas. Which IMO is a terrible choice.
    Is this true?? Like watching Boom when I get the chance.

Ever Darlington isn't hitting on much anymore. It started getting boring when they moved the start/finish line! LOL!