Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fans seem to be willing to pay more for dirt racing special events

http://insidedirtracing.com/poll-ind...racing-events/

Some might find the results of one of my recent polls a little surprising.

Not all fans. Just check out the crowds at each track -- GIS and Screven -- the next couple weeks. That's all the proof you'll need.

Florence is charging $80 for a three day ticket to the North/South Shootout and the North/South 100. I find that is a very reasonable price for three nights of professional auto racing. Just a little over $26 a night. Try to get into any other major professional sport for that kind of price.

Quote Originally Posted by RTW View Post
    Florence is charging $80 for a three day ticket to the North/South Shootout and the North/South 100. I find that is a very reasonable price for three nights of professional auto racing. Just a little over $26 a night. Try to get into any other major professional sport for that kind of price.
    That's perfectly fair for that event.

I think most fans understand that if you're going to a National Tour/Crown Jewel/Big money race that you're going to pay a little extra, but more times than not you'll get your money's worth.

When WoO or Lucas have run at tracks near me like Fayetteville, Cherokee, Friendship, Carolina, Charlotte, Wythe or Jamaica I have gladly paid extra because I knew I was going to see some of the best in the country and it was money well spent. I can justify the means because I want to see a big time super show as a fan.

If your a fan that doesn't want to pay more than $20 for a ticket then there's plenty of weekly crate/limited late model racing around you can go see and there's nothing wrong with that. No one is forcing you to go see these big shows, if you don't want to pony up the $$ that's fine but getting on social media to bash the event seems like sour grapes because you don't think a quality show is worth paying to see. Don't bash the promoter for trying to bring in a big show that may cost a little more, applaud him/her for their effort and willingness to put the $$ on the line because trust me it causes plenty of anxiety and nerves on the promoter's part financially.

Just my $0.02
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Oakshade raceway in Ohio has had the last race of the hell tour for several years. They charge $12 for seat and $20 for pits. The same price as the weekly shows. I appreciate the prices and the racing is great. The track is great. But I for one would be willing to pay double for a $10,000 to win race. They need lots of other upgrades as far as restrooms, grandstands, catch fence, lighting, speakers etc.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Not all fans. Just check out the crowds at each track -- GIS and Screven -- the next couple weeks. That's all the proof you'll need.
    They will both be packed
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    They will both be packed
    Yep, but there'll be thousands more fans at GIS. It's the best bargain in the sport.

Yep, but there'll be thousands more fans at GIS. It's the best bargain in the sport.
    I'll take the under on that...........but yes, they will be packed.

I applaud what gis is doing and wish others would follow suit, but in reality there are only so many dirt fans and support crew that buy tickets to go around....and most have already made up their minds on what they are doing and where they are going based on who they follow.

The fringe fans that will notice the price and come will be noticeable maybe, just don't think your going to see an overwhelming difference in attendance like your thinking.........both places are kick a ss, I'm going to the place where the racing has been better as of late.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

They difinitely seem to be wiling to at Senoia.

I'm willing to pay more just because I don't get to go as much as I'd like to. When it's time to go I've had time to save up..

Quote Originally Posted by AnnouncerLife88 View Post
    I think most fans understand that if you're going to a National Tour/Crown Jewel/Big money race that you're going to pay a little extra, but more times than not you'll get your money's worth.

When WoO or Lucas have run at tracks near me like Fayetteville, Cherokee, Friendship, Carolina, Charlotte, Wythe or Jamaica I have gladly paid extra because I knew I was going to see some of the best in the country and it was money well spent. I can justify the means because I want to see a big time super show as a fan.

If your a fan that doesn't want to pay more than $20 for a ticket then there's plenty of weekly crate/limited late model racing around you can go see and there's nothing wrong with that. No one is forcing you to go see these big shows, if you don't want to pony up the $$ that's fine but getting on social media to bash the event seems like sour grapes because you don't think a quality show is worth paying to see. Don't bash the promoter for trying to bring in a big show that may cost a little more, applaud him/her for their effort and willingness to put the $$ on the line because trust me it causes plenty of anxiety and nerves on the promoter's part financially.

Just my $0.02
    With the constant complaining on here every year plus the fake news everyday if anyone takes seriously to any comments posted on the web then you're just an idiot. Not calling you out at all announcerlife88 just making a point off your comment about people crying like 5 year old because sh!t didn't go their way.

waaac77 no offense taken. I agree completely that people shouldn't take those comments seriously but there sadly are people that DO take that stuff seriously.

I used to see it all the time when I was track announcing, people would take those comments by other users seriously and run with that instead of what the track was posting. CNN had nothing on that Fake News! lol
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    They difinitely seem to be wiling to at Senoia.
    No joke... $25 a person for grandstands at a $4k to win race...

Volusia has been charging $39 for general admission during Speedweeks for years! And yes, its always packed!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Now that is a frown maker. lol

Getting ready to retire in a couple of weeks so, I will have to pick and choose what races I go to from now on but, would be willing to pay more just go less.

Im going to both events and I do love GIS admission prices but I also love Screvens. I love the fact that its a pit pass as well. I know alot of people dont want to go to the pits and I understand that as well but there will be some good racing on that go kart track that they will be missing. Besides it beats just sitting in the parking lot all day. Both places will be packed, if the weather is good I assure you.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnouncerLife88 View Post

Just my $0.02
    I agree with you 100%. I dont mind paying the extra money, the only problem I have is that the purses just never seem to go up and thats bad for the racers. I would be willing to pay 30 for a bigger race if they took the extra money and added it to the total purse.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    A lot of these tracks don't realize that lower admission equals more fans at the gate ... who will then spend more at the track when they get there.