Default Fabric for decking panels?

Does anyone know what fabric is sold to prevent mud from sticking to body decking panels?

i use the cheap blue tarp from most any hardware store bend it in the hems on both sides works grate

seems like a fire hazard to me and should not be legal

mud x works well, you can put a bottle in a 2.5 gallon sprayer and soak your car for weeks, then add some more water and use it again. 3-4 bottles for a season of racing approx 40 nights. It makes washing your car easy and no dirt sticks up on the deck.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 02-09-2017 at 09:58 AM.

I used Murphy oil soap on our car cut with water worked really well when I went to wash car it was like it suds up again releasing the mud. I agree about tarps if car sit get fire the tarps would accelerate fire I think it be like on an airplane when all that plastic starts burning the fumes kill within second I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I used Murphy oil soap on our car cut with water worked really well when I went to wash car it was like it suds up again releasing the mud. I agree about tarps if car sit get fire the tarps would accelerate fire I think it be like on an airplane when all that plastic starts burning the fumes kill within second I have read.
    I would bet mud x is murphys oil, same consistency, same smell, makes the car shiny and easy to clean etc.

I didnt find murphys oil any cheaper than mud x so I bought it.

Mud x worked better than Mud off.I've always wondered if the 40 Below and other coolant additives are the same additives we mix for coolant in our lathes and mills.

yes mud off doesnt work at all in my opinion.

Are you guys spraying it on while at the track or before then? Does it leave any greasy residue on decking/nose? I tried a Lucas product a few years ago that ppl had suggested but it left a film on the car.

I use a weed sprayer, soak whole underside, all front suspension, rear suspension cell etc. spray the deck..

spray it all once, wait 10-15 min spray it all again.

Sure it leaves a residue, if it didnt it wouldnt work, I wouldnt call it greasy. When you power wash it seems like soap.

Got some murphys oil soap, got a 3 gallon sprayer just wondering what ratio you guys used to mix it? Thank you

We use baby oil on the underneath stuff & nose with Mud X on the rest of the panels. Reason for not using baby oil all over the body panels is you get slimed when you lean over the body working on or entering/exiting the car. Add the usual race track dirt & dust and you're a real mess by the end of the night.

I used a gallon sprayer put about half of a small bottle of murphys soap filled rest up a water. I would spray car when I finished washing it then when got track spray again when car came off trailer

thanks RW57