Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Those injuries are the reason why I am so against youngsters getting into high powered race cars at an early age... it's one thing to lose an adult child in a race accident but how would you feel if you lost a 12 year old?
    I agree with you 100%.. 10-16 year olds shouldnt be racing full sized cars.. Their body isnt fully grown, their brains arent fully developed yet, and the risk for a severe injury is a lot greater for that age range, as opposed to a grown mans body.. If my kid wanted to race (which he does) we are going to start him out in hobby stocks, after a year, move him up to a stock car, by then he will be 17.. If he wants to move up to modifieds, or late models, it will be when he is 18.. At least then he has some experience (seat time), and will be an adult and ready to make his own choices in life..

There will never be a time i wont worry about him, but watching him do what he loves trumps that fear or masks it.. Main point being, he will be an adult at that point in time, and old enough to make his own decisions. His body/brain will be developed and that might ease some of the fear that i have for him racing.. I know how dangerous racing is and or can be.. I have raced, been at the track for 37 years, watched a lot of things happen. Guys impaled, on fire, broken bones, but the one thing that remains constant, every one knows the risk they are taking by hopping into a race car.. Yet everyone doing it still, despite the accidents that do happen..

Again this is my opinion, as a father, and a racer.. Is Jared's dad wrong for letting him not race, after he has been for so long, possibly.. Its not his life to live, and Jared very well knows the consequence of what could possibly happen.. Jared has gotten better and better.. To be 3rd in the top Late Model series in the U.S. is a feat in itself.. Just wish his dad would leave that decision up to him, and not pull the rug out from JAred.. Jared knows he has a family at home, Jared makes his money racing or did.. Providing for your family should always be at the forefront of your noodle.. But there is a time to let it go and let the man continue doing what he loves..

Sorry for the long post people, thats just how i feel about the situation as a father and a fan... carry on..

He will not be at Speedweeks and will not be driving for Lance Landers...

I understood it last year that Jared gave up racing due to the fear of possible paralysis if he had another accident like he had and decided to put his family first

Jared is still looking to race but just no longer with his father

As a parent, I would have sold it all and told him if he wants to race he is welcome to, just not on my dime because if anything were to ever happen, I would blame myself (thinking we should have done this or that to make him safer).

If I were Jared I wouldn't blame him one bit, and in fact would have welcomed it. I can't imagine the pain some parents have had to deal with when their kids got hurt or killed in a racecar they owned (heck, some can't deal with that pain when it comes to a street accident or football).

If Jared has kids of his own, he fully understands where his dad is coming from with his decision.

Well, lots of people are assuming what the disagreement was about and that it had something to do with Jared's injury. It would be best to let the story come out before making assumptions it, when they are ready to talk about it I'm sure there will be a story or article about it.

This all happen a reasonable time ago and has many factors it wasn't just one.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 02-07-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Looks as tho Gavin is ready to go

https://twitter.com/gavinlanders/sta...33335469408256