Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    No one makes anyone show up to that race. People whine and complain every year about super nats and swear they will never go back. Yet you see them back the next year. It's hilarious.
    I know no one makes anyone show up for the event.. But most of the teams end up being there 4-5 days, take a week off of work.. I have never seen or been to an event with close to 300 modifieds which pays peanuts.. imca mods are the biggest draw they have, and are paid in getting kicked in the nuts..

Yes i get it, the prestige of winning the SuperNationals is more in weight then the money, but if you spend 4-5 days there, take off of work all week, you should get paid more then they do now.. 800 race cars in the pits during the week, you would think the money was better.. I am sure if the money was better, even more racers would come.. You cant tell me ImcGAY doesnt make enough money throughout the week to cover 10g to win mods, 5g to win stock cars, and 5g to win sport mods.. My point being that ImcGAY makes a killing off of the week and doesnt pay sh!t.. Not to mention the motor you win with in the mods goes up for auction..

Just by reading your comments I can tell why some of you wouldn't understand their position because your the type they're talking about! Lol. I'm just a racer and it bugs me to see the stupid and arrogant comments that are in no way constructive criticism. That's where they're getting at. I'm all for conversations/discussions that may seem negative if it's in a civil manner and it helps make the subject better. I've been there with our racetrack. I had no problem if there were some constructive criticism swirling around something that happened at our place if it was right or wrong. But there's a line where your 100% wrong and damaging the product and I'll put an end to it.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
    I know no one makes anyone show up for the event.. But most of the teams end up being there 4-5 days, take a week off of work.. I have never seen or been to an event with close to 300 modifieds which pays peanuts.. imca mods are the biggest draw they have, and are paid in getting kicked in the nuts..

Yes i get it, the prestige of winning the SuperNationals is more in weight then the money, but if you spend 4-5 days there, take off of work all week, you should get paid more then they do now.. 800 race cars in the pits during the week, you would think the money was better.. I am sure if the money was better, even more racers would come.. You cant tell me ImcGAY doesnt make enough money throughout the week to cover 10g to win mods, 5g to win stock cars, and 5g to win sport mods.. My point being that ImcGAY makes a killing off of the week and doesnt pay sh!t.. Not to mention the motor you win with in the mods goes up for auction..
    It's said to be a vacation and lots of drivers use it as their vacation. That's what their there for and to have fun. Yes IMCA could pay 10x more then they do but they know they don't have too because everyone keeps showing up the way it is. I haven't ran the super nats for those reasons and the odds of getting my car destroyed is greater then making the show. If i was to run it someday, it wouldn't be about the money. It's getting that trophy and your name if that d@mn t-shirt! Lol

Each of the winning motors get sold but you get a free motor, crate or claim. Plus the purse and all the other stuff.

No one makes anyone show up to that race. People whine and complain every year about super nats and swear they will never go back. Yet you see them back the next year. It's hilarious.
    I live in Iowa, 2hrs away and have NO interest in this event. None what so ever!!!!! Now run Late Models and A-Mods them same 4 or 5 nights instead of the other classes. I would go. I have seen enough $hit shows already in my life. I don't need to fill it with the largest!!!!!!

2 of my brothers used to race IMCA Mod's. They attended Boone once and said never again. It's not even so much about the pay, it's the other stuff that goes with it. Pit passes that are overpriced. Parking in a mudhole the super longggg shows, and only one person making $$$ (It's not IMCA either, it's the promotor at Boone).

Should it pay more? Of course it should, but the promotor has no reason to pay out more, he gets 800+ cars for the SuperNationals and rakes in $$$ hand over fist off of pit passes alone. Until drivers and teams start staying home or racing elsewhere on that weekend/week, there is ZERO reason for him to make the purse better or to make any upgrades to the facility.

IMCA owns half of Boone so they still get a good chunk. I have a lot of respect for lawty though. I raced there 3 years in the Jr fwd class along time ago. We had our ups and downs between us but without him having that class who knows what I would of done if anything. The super nationals is great if it's your thing, if it isn't so be it. Nowadays you need to have your s$!t together or don't go because you'll just waste your time.

This thread got off topic a bit but, I think IMCA's new policy on social media is good thing. If your a mature person at all, you won't have any issues!

IMCA owns half of Boone so they still get a good chunk. I have a lot of respect for lawty though. I raced there 3 years in the Jr fwd class along time ago. We had our ups and downs between us but without him having that class who knows what I would of done if anything. The super nationals is great if it's your thing, if it isn't so be it. Nowadays you need to have your s$!t together or don't go because you'll just waste your time.

This thread got off topic a bit but, I think IMCA's new policy on social media is good thing. If your a mature person at all, you won't have any issues!
    Isn't Lawty the person who had the problem with handicap people? To me this just shows how weak IMCA really is. Avoid anything and everything. Social media is here to stay. IMCA just needs to have a backbone and grow a set, instead of carrying in their man purse. IMCA has to have the largest Mangina ever for years and years and years!!!!!!!!