Default Arnie Ranta - my Hero!

Great article on DirtonDirt by Kevin Kovac on Arnie Ranta, his long history with DLM racing, ties to Casey, Shirley and newcomer Larson and many others. Our sport needs more supporters like Ranta, man talk about giving to the sport. I bet 3s and B1 love this guy! I read on another forum an article a few years ago on Ranta and it said that he does this snowmobile business in a cold storage warehouse in MN with no heat and has no employees. How about reconditioning and selling 400-500 used snowmobiles all by yourself.....crazy!!

DLMR needs more Arnie Ranta's, Ed Pettrof's , Bob Millers, and others. A big thanks for all they do for the racers.
    8/13/16

What a cool dude. Great article and I hope squirrel can bring it home for him.
    Last edited by SHOE32; 02-02-2017 at 04:34 PM.

I just read the article on Arnie Ranta on dirtondirt, the guy has been around longer then I knew. He is battling for his life but must find the racing therapeutic or something. I can't name you anyone else in his boots and battles that raises the stakes in helping drivers/teams. Yah, I think he's my new hero too!
    Last edited by loosegrip; 02-04-2017 at 12:30 AM.

I too think Shirley has his best chance for the championship. Sounds like Ranta stepped up the 3s racing program to a point where Shirley will have what he needs to race at a high level. Now if the squirrel can do his part there should be good results. Good for Ranta to do what he is doing for 3s program and his own operation with Larson, not many guys like him out there I'll tell you that.