Default The engine oil to run

Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on the best engine oil to run on a usmts engine. I know there many different brands out there but im thinking about switching from the Vr1 that we run to see if i can get a little less wear on the engine.

Schaeffer's is the best oil for the money by far. Love the stuff. I change it every 6-8 nights, still looks beautiful and my bearings look great.

Vrl has high content of Sulfated Ash in it. Very bad on engine wear we use Brad Penn when we freshen the motor the bearings still look new.

brad penn has been great for me.

Out in the garage working on the race car

I've always used Brad Penn and get good results.
    Josh Smith #35

If you are having a lot of wear you may look at the breather and the top on bottom pieces, a slightly bent or wore air cleaner base will let a lot of dirt in if you run dusty tracks

Brad Penn. JMO

I've had excellent results with the synthetic VR1 myself. What kind of wear issues are you currently having? What type of air and oil filter are you using?

I freshen my engine after about 15 races and the bearing look a little more wore than usual but we ran on some dusty tracks last. Basically thinking about just trying something new

I run 30 or more races before i even think about looking at my motor and the bearings look great. As derekshei and powerslide said, i would be looking at air cleaner real hard. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by modracer18 View Post
    I freshen my engine after about 15 races and the bearing look a little more wore than usual but we ran on some dusty tracks last. Basically thinking about just trying something new
    How many races did you run the stuff you have been running?

I would consider trying to change the filter each night and running oil 3-4 races. We were doing 4 races and everything looked fine but if you are having issues it MIGHT help but likely just a bandaid to another issue.

Might also think about plugging the bypass valve on your oil filter adapter if it isn't already plugged. JMO

Renegade oil is top notch also

buy gibbs oil and run it most if not all season for most guys who run 30 nights or less