Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jared Landers???

Landers had some Speedweeks races on his schedule and now they have been taken off. Anyone know if he is still havin issues from last year and if he will be racing in 2017?

I'm starting to wonder myself. That was a nasty wreck, could he be done?

I believe his health is still as good as DoD pronounced it recently.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Landers had some Speedweeks races on his schedule and now they have been taken off. Anyone know if he is still havin issues from last year and if he will be racing in 2017?
    I had heard some rumor about him and his old man having a falling out and them selling out.

Maybe he did have a fallin out with his old man. I know that his old man was always upset with his driving in the past and how he was on equipment

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Maybe he did have a fallin out with his old man. I know that his old man was always upset with his driving in the past and how he was on equipment
    But everyone's gotta admit, since he got with Bloomer he is leaps and bounds better. More consistent, not as wreck less, I mean, he was what, third in points.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    But everyone's gotta admit, since he got with Bloomer he is leaps and bounds better. More consistent, not as wreck less, I mean, he was what, third in points.
    I agree, he was coming in his own. The short time teaming up with Scott he improved miles. I hope he gets back in and stay teammates with Scott. To see how much more he progress.

I think the falling out was more less over his old man putting his sons health before racing. I can't blame him one bit. I guarantee any father on this forum that had such a close call as the landers family would realize a son is much more important than anything in this world. Basically he said son I couldn't live with myself if you lost your life racing a car against the doctors orders. Jared, like any other true sportsman said he loves racing and if he dies doing what he loves than he goes out happy. Looks like the old man stood stern and a very intelligent move in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    I had heard some rumor about him and his old man having a falling out and them selling out.
    Is it legal to sell Bloomquist cars?

MIdirtfan, I heard you sign a contract before your able to get a ride from Scott. I know plenty that have been bought and resold so that contract must not be worth the paper it's written on. He just doesn't want his design to end up in the wrong fabrication shop. Why do you think his ride is always covered down to the second each wheel and tire are removed. He believes people take pictures of his $hit man. Guess he figures he worked hard to find speed and he doesn't want anyone else stealing his design. Always heard a tale that one of his rides made it to Shinston but probably just a tall tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I think the falling out was more less over his old man putting his sons health before racing. I can't blame him one bit. I guarantee any father on this forum that had such a close call as the landers family would realize a son is much more important than anything in this world. Basically he said son I couldn't live with myself if you lost your life racing a car against the doctors orders. Jared, like any other true sportsman said he loves racing and if he dies doing what he loves than he goes out happy. Looks like the old man stood stern and a very intelligent move in my opinion!
    Only one thing wrong with this post.. He was cleared to go back racing by the doctors.. It even said it in the DoD article i believe... Other then that, if i was a father, you gotta let your kids do what they love.. I have a boy and i would never want anything bad to happen to him, but if he was injured in a race car, got the clearance to race again, then i wouldnt pull the rug out from under him.. Just my two cents though.. Life is too short not to enjoy it doing what you love, if you can afford it..

They can afford it. No doubt about that. I heard they were having the issue I posted before Charlotte. They say Jared wanted to come back then but the old man wasn't having it. I hadn't heard he was cleared to race. Initially I heard it was career ending bit of the dr released him to do what he loves?? Let him eat. I'm a fan of Landers! Dude comes to race

MIdirtfan, I heard you sign a contract before your able to get a ride from Scott. I know plenty that have been bought and resold so that contract must not be worth the paper it's written on. He just doesn't want his design to end up in the wrong fabrication shop. Why do you think his ride is always covered down to the second each wheel and tire are removed. He believes people take pictures of his $hit man. Guess he figures he worked hard to find speed and he doesn't want anyone else stealing his design. Always heard a tale that one of his rides made it to Shinston but probably just a tall tale.
    His rides have made it to jigs just like everyone else's.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Question

I thought the doctors cleared him to race, so what doctors orders would he be racing against???
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    I thought the doctors cleared him to race, so what doctors orders would he be racing against???
    Dr. Daddy aka The $ Man lol

He was cleared to come back a couple weeks before the Dome race.

I guess I can see both sides of it, if him and poppa did have a falling out. Jared has a kid, and it wouldn't be good for the boy to see his daddy in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. But then again, Jared had improved a ton the last 2 years and was probably going to be a top 3 threat this year, barring this injury of course, it would be hard to give up.

Can't seem to fin the pic now, but there was a pic in instagram of Gavin's cars going into Jareds hauler this week.

Dunno about that. I heard the Blankenship falling out was over him taking it to Port City to be copied. Right after that is when Blankenship went to Rockets I think with Buckingham as his crew chief and ran really well. Then it all went out the window.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Those injuries are the reason why I am so against youngsters getting into high powered race cars at an early age... it's one thing to lose an adult child in a race accident but how would you feel if you lost a 12 year old?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

nothing wrong with taking a year off if that's the case and come back next year.. hate this for Jared but health is much more important