Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard 05 View Post
    They do have one,,Howe has a fab clip ready to weld on..all the correct suspension points,springs plated, and cleared.In fact if you want to buy a new Howe mod dirt or asphalt you need to supply them with a clip so they have something to add to there stock..I think they are tired of running the junk yards..It also has two locations sleeved on each side so that the weight is bolted into the same place on all of them to match that of a Chevelle.
    I bet they will never approve that one. these after market chevelle clips are weak. not saying that they should with stand a huge crash but i was hit with a tire in the left front twisted the left horn down as if turning your arm.
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

The Howe clip HAS been approved at Some Michigan tracks that I know of..They are all looking to the future of not having any good old clips VS the cheap kits that can be tweaked any which way you want..They are all serial numbered as well. I also believe that Port City now offers a fab clip for mods as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard 05 View Post
    The Howe clip HAS been approved at Some Michigan tracks that I know of..They are all looking to the future of not having any good old clips VS the cheap kits that can be tweaked any which way you want..They are all serial numbered as well. I also believe that Port City now offers a fab clip for mods as well.
    Need to make there way south and west.
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why a mod has to run these clips. There's nothing stock about any of it. Speaks volumes about the people writing the rule book!
    because it would obsolete thousands of cars with one stroke of the pen. I have an old DW11 probably built in 07 or 08 and i won races in it 2 years ago. These cars haven't changed all that much just the setups have.

Technical inspection is costly, time consuming, overburdening.

Stock clips or not, without the ability to properly check race cars at the track after the race cheaply and easily any rules written anywhere for any class relies heavily on the honest racer factor. Money and pretige are the main factors on why we do this which opens the door to fudging the rules so whether aftermarket or tube clips the issue remains or even possibly gets worse.
    GM didn't make the clips meant for race cars so some tolerance is already built in but I think asking a racer to leave it alone aside from removal of minor stuff will net a fairer result than asking the racer to build from scratch and build in all the compromises themselves. I don't feel like either is a good solution but I don't have a better one either aside from having one or two approved manufactures put these things together but that's going to raise the costs that are already having a negative effect on racing at that same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Technical inspection is costly, time consuming, overburdening.

Stock clips or not, without the ability to properly check race cars at the track after the race cheaply and easily any rules written anywhere for any class relies heavily on the honest racer factor. Money and pretige are the main factors on why we do this which opens the door to fudging the rules so whether aftermarket or tube clips the issue remains or even possibly gets worse.
    GM didn't make the clips meant for race cars so some tolerance is already built in but I think asking a racer to leave it alone aside from removal of minor stuff will net a fairer result than asking the racer to build from scratch and build in all the compromises themselves. I don't feel like either is a good solution but I don't have a better one either aside from having one or two approved manufactures put these things together but that's going to raise the costs that are already having a negative effect on racing at that same time.
    I would say, that i have to agree with you. After hearing it put that way. for good point.
    G.K. Chesterton

The crossmember has been narrowed up for radiator clearance, and the hump outside of the spring bucket has been flattened out for shock clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by amish119 View Post
    The crossmember has been narrowed up for radiator clearance, and the hump outside of the spring bucket has been flattened out for shock clearance.
    Thanks, i heard they're pretty pricey too. I have a metric stub.
    G.K. Chesterton