Default Right Front Suspension

I race an IMCA Stock Car so forgive me for not knowing. I have noticed watching Late Models lately that the RF is spaced way out like half the width of the tire is past the RR. Also the extreme RF camber these cars are getting going through the turns it looks like they are only running on the very inside of the tire going down the straights. Is there some reason for this? Just thinking maybe I should look at trying this on my stock car. Thanks.

Won't work unless that stock car has a four bar suspension.... and a raised right side frame rail and crossmember. Others with more info will chime in i'm sure...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by kfactor239 View Post
    I race an IMCA Stock Car so forgive me for not knowing. I have noticed watching Late Models lately that the RF is spaced way out like half the width of the tire is past the RR. Also the extreme RF camber these cars are getting going through the turns it looks like they are only running on the very inside of the tire going down the straights. Is there some reason for this? Just thinking maybe I should look at trying this on my stock car. Thanks.
    Google "camber thrust". And think about how road graders turn. Bias ply tires are very good in applying the concept.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Won't work unless that stock car has a four bar suspension.... and a raised right side frame rail and crossmember. Others with more info will chime in i'm sure...
    It does work I have a small metric car I did all the suspension work I use camber thrust principles on especially in cars that roll and dive correcting the stock geometry really makes the front end work I made it to very much simulate the dirt mod front end with camber gain. Also run very very similar shocking not traditional super street stuff

I'm not familiar with imca rules ,but in reference to the r/f out.I would start with the r/f out 1'' wider than the r/r.The best way is to add a longer lower a-arm .If you use spacers or wheel offset it seems to have to much leverage on the wheel bearings and tierods and they damage easily.I would use the large Chrysler (moog 727) ball joints and have the spindles reamed on a mill.You also want to start with the l/r out 1'' more than the l/f.

IMCA rules only allow OEM lowers and suspension components except you can use the IMCA approved uppers. They also have to be on the correct sides of the car. You won't be able to get the RF out like a late model because of that nor will you able to get the camber gain. It's a compromise with the parts required.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.