Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sometime last year the new owner fired Darrell Courson, who had been doing a good job with the track prep for the past couple of years. We thought at the time it wasn't a smart thing for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The track is changed. The infield is pushed out some. The tire rule is hurting the racing as well.
    Have you noticed though, there is a 12 feet flat area at the bottom of each turn? Don't know if it would help, but they should make it part of the racing surface by adding a little banking to this area.

Note...check out tmacs and sheppards dod interview from fri nite. They both said the turn entries are too tight from the infield being pushed out too far.
    Last edited by a25rjr; 02-12-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Have you noticed though, there is a 12 feet flat area at the bottom of each turn? Don't know if it would help, but they should make it part of the racing surface by adding a little banking to this area.

Note...check out tmacs and sheppards dod interview from fri nite. They both said the turn entries are too tight from the infield being pushed out too far.
    I saw all of that. Sometimes a flat bottom works for evening it with the longer way around. I think they may just need more room. But, forcing them to run 1300 isn't helping the track any.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    A bad night of racing, is still better than a night at work. I'll take it.....
    To each, his own, I do not subscribe to the " any race is better than work" opinion.

Many of us have better things to do than sit through a sh!T show of a"race".

Cokeandasmile...people who have that ideology have not seen a good race...nvr bn off the tit...

Problem is not these tracks. It's the cars!!!! They are so aero sensitive they just follow the leader, hardly no passing. When you get 20 or so cars running the same line, lap after lap, it's gonna rubber up. Once that happens it's over.
    Until these sanctions get together and enforce some rule changes there are gonna be more train races. I for one hate these late model bodies in today's racing!

I didn't think it was that bad.

GIS was on my watch list from 2 years ago. Last year wasn't bad but this year puts it back on my watch list.The track has to have 2 good shows with passing before I consider going there. Even then I am skeptical. If you don't know a stinker, when you see one. too bad. The only guys that got passed where the guys that got stuck on the high side. As one driver said," I tried the high line and thought I was going to 95th spot. Sorry to who ever I cut off getting back to the rubber, but I was in a hurry".

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Cokeandasmile...people who have that ideology have not seen a good race...nvr bn off the tit...
    I probably attend more races in the first two months of the year than you do all year. You look real smart yourself, with your junior high texting lingo....seems like you need to get off the tit and learn a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    To each, his own, I do not subscribe to the " any race is better than work" opinion.

Many of us have better things to do than sit through a sh!T show of a"race".
    No it wasnt a great show. But I'm not sitting behind a computer screen bashing it either, I got out and supported the race. It's not the first sh!t show ive supported and it won't be the last. I know what I do for living is not fun, and being at th races is by far better than there.

young is good name 4 ya... support em all...hate your job & love blow n your dreeded earned $$$ on whatever makes you happy...if I was you I'd make a donation to GIS 4 showing U theres more to life than you dreeded job...wish my life was so pitiful a choo choo train seemed awesome...(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) the luck...I'm jus jr high wannabe so what the hail do I know...

young is good name 4 ya... support em all...hate your job & love blow n your dreeded earned $$$ on whatever makes you happy...if I was you I'd make a donation to GIS 4 showing U theres more to life than you dreeded job...wish my life was so pitiful a choo choo train seemed awesome...(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) the luck...I'm jus jr high wannabe so what the hail do I know...
    whoa, easy there Jr. High, You're gonna pop a blood vessel.
    8/13/16

Naw...I'm jus bs n... to each their own... I say bad day of golf n is better than good day at the office...some would say that's jus as stupid as a bad night at the race track is better than good day at work... so I'll go back to recess & b quite...

Big track and lining straight up sure doesn't help.

I'm just glad U pay atension a round here. We woodnt no wat 2 with out ur in put.....thanks.

It's obvious around here to most that I actually go to the races, and can actually discuss with people without trying to argue, unlike your 13 year old brain.

Just for the record....I was born with the last name Young. Its easy to tell I'm far more grown up than you'll ever be, at least I can spell right for the most part. I won't get you stirred up anymore.

Have fun with your stick and balls!
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-12-2017 at 11:34 PM.

o b k b then Mr. Young... u b tha smart won & I b ball wack n w/me stick... u tak kare Mr. Yung... so sory me ubset u....

Dirt fans love to criticize asphalt tracks, but asphalt tracks don't have this problem. Asphalt tracks keep their 2 or 3 grooves all the time no matter how many laps are run them.

Dirt racing is so hit and miss from being good to bad, its hard to go spend money to take the chance of seeing that. Added to that the horrible formats and short races. Asphalt tracks have the same (bad) format, but then they run super long races which results in lead changes and passing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post
    Dirt fans love to criticize asphalt tracks, but asphalt tracks don't have this problem. Asphalt tracks keep their 2 or 3 grooves all the time no matter how many laps are run them.

Dirt racing is so hit and miss from being good to bad, its hard to go spend money to take the chance of seeing that. Added to that the horrible formats and short races. Asphalt tracks have the same (bad) format, but then they run super long races which results in lead changes and passing.......
    No. Just no. Asphalt tracks undergo changes with accumulated rubber. Badly designed asphalt tracks that are one lane stay one lane. Seen plenty of them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The problem I have with the second night is that they took about 4-6 laps running in the bottom of the track before the race (on a track that locked down on the bottom the night before) Also Lucas needs to make a rule about how many support classes you can have and no support class should have trials.
    Last edited by KAOS; 02-13-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    The problem I have with the second night is that they took about 4-6 laps running in the bottom of the track before the race (on a track that locked down on the bottom the night before) Also Lucas needs to make a rule about how many support classes you can have and no support class should have trials.
    times a million on support classes
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post

Only been to a 1/2 dozen paved races (NOT NASCAR) in my life and every time they were glued to the bottom. It was always the fastest way around.
    8/13/16