Default 2012 pierce driveshaft issues

long story short found an issue on car tonight lr not dropping down like it should. I bought car as a roller with a brinn transmission. well we noticed yoke was bottoming out and keeping rear end from dropping down like it should according to pierce driveshaft should be 29 3/4... I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you did. I'm planning on just buying a new driveshaft a inch shorter but wondering if anyone else maybe did the same thing and be plenty to solve the issue...

If your using the long yolk you can use the short one. They are about an inch difference. Make sure the caps are the correct size if you go this route.

Maybe check wheelbase to Pierce specs as someone could have moved rear end forward.JMO

Run the Pierce spec driveshaft for the trans you are running DO NOT BUY shorter then spec. The first gen trans didn't have the trans output shaft splined long enough you need to get the long yoke correct shaft and get the Transmisson Output shaft replaced to the updated spline depth OR take the output shaft out and take it to a machine shop and get the splines cut longer

Quote Originally Posted by AJGARBER70 View Post
    long story short found an issue on car tonight lr not dropping down like it should. I bought car as a roller with a brinn transmission. well we noticed yoke was bottoming out and keeping rear end from dropping down like it should according to pierce driveshaft should be 29 3/4... I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you did. I'm planning on just buying a new driveshaft a inch shorter but wondering if anyone else maybe did the same thing and be plenty to solve the issue...