Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orange spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    They are little oranges that are very sweet and easy to peel, called Halos. Therefore orange spoilers. Thus regulating the job of oranges to the making of orange juice, a condiment for Vodka.
    Well aren't you just quite the forum clown, Bubstr? The orange spoiler is awesome. I would guess the idea came from the cup boys running the different colored windshield stripe and spoiler to signify who was in the chase or not. It's definitely bragging rights for whoever has it on.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    That orange spoiler is one of the silliest things I have seen. What happens if you get tight points race where guys are swapping the lead every 2 to 3 races. These guys would spend all their time swapping out spoilers.
    I disagree, I think the orange spoiler is pretty cool. In fact, many of teams talk about wanting to get that orange spoiler as much if not more than they talk about winning a particular race. It means something special to them. It signifies that they have accomplished something very difficult to achieve and something that was earned on the track. Ask Overton and that 116 team how significant that spoiler is to them.
    As far as actually installing it, I don't think there is a single team that wouldn't install that on there car for even a single race. It only takes a drill bit and a little time to drill the holes and bolt it on in place of the old one. The orange spoilers themselves are supplied by Midwest sheetmetal and are handed out by Lucas Oil. They keep an orange spoiler for each different make in the Lucas trailer at all times to immediately give to the new points leader in the even of a points lead change. In addition to this, they pay the car carrying the official orange spoiler $100 per night that they race with that spoiler on their car.

I'm really not trying to start any argument. I'm just really curious as to how Bloomer continues to be allowed to wear the orange spoiler. I remember last year, end of June when Bloomer passed JD in points that orange spoiler came off immediately on the #6. Josh Richards put his orange spoiler on for this race. So, once again we have two Lucas Series Points Leader orange spoilers. Maybe, it's just the OCD coming out, lol. If a spoiler signifies a leader, unless there is a tie, let's have ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    I'm really not trying to start any argument. I'm just really curious as to how Bloomer continues to be allowed to wear the orange spoiler. I remember last year, end of June when Bloomer passed JD in points that orange spoiler came off immediately on the #6. Josh Richards put his orange spoiler on for this race. So, once again we have two Lucas Series Points Leader orange spoilers. Maybe, it's just the OCD coming out, lol. If a spoiler signifies a leader, unless there is a tie, let's have ONE.
    I don't remember this. What race are you referring to that they both ran the orange spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I don't remember this. What race are you referring to that they both ran the orange spoiler?
    Tonight! Josh Richards is the new points leader and has put on the Orange spoiler, and Bloomquist still has his on, too.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Tonight! Josh Richards is the new points leader and has put on the Orange spoiler, and Bloomquist still has his on, too.
    I agree only the points leader should have the orange spoiler.

Well, when you make it a habit of getting to the track 2 minutes before hot laps, you don't have time to change that.

This really isn't that difficult to explain. This is Bloomquist, the defending champ and face of the series. It's intentional. Sending a message, "hey Josh, I'm the champ and I'm not going anywhere."

Don't tell me Lucas Oil isn't loving this. They have both defending series champs in their stable now and the rivalry is already growing.

Sure fellas, you can both run orange spoilers, now go out there, race your backsides off and make us a ton of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Well, when you make it a habit of getting to the track 2 minutes before hot laps, you don't have time to change that.

This really isn't that difficult to explain. This is Bloomquist, the defending champ and face of the series. It's intentional. Sending a message, "hey Josh, I'm the champ and I'm not going anywhere."

Don't tell me Lucas Oil isn't loving this. They have both defending series champs in their stable now and the rivalry is already growing.

Sure fellas, you can both run orange spoilers, now go out there, race your backsides off and make us a ton of $$.
    Lucas officials should have sent ole snort back to the pits and made him change it.

I think also last year the MARS Series stsrted putting a neon green spoiler on the point leaders car

I don't think it's silly myself either. With there being televised shows, it'll make it easier to point out who the point leader is by the broadcasters, sometimes they aren't fans of the sport, their just doing their job. They do the same thing in just about every other professional racing series, except maybe the outlaw sprint tour or F1 (which I know nothing about.)

In mx/sx the point leader wears a red number plate, to everyone else's white plates. It's nothing new people.