Thumbs up Does this guy belong in the Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame? - Mike Hammerle.

Who thinks his guy belongs in the Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame? - Mike Hammerle.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-12-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

At least on the ballot....Donny Klein should be for sure imo

ummm not even close

Yes he definitely should be in the hall of fame
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    Mike is the nicest guy you could ever race with. He's a one man racer, does it all, driver, mechanic, tireman. Mike is still racing at 68+, had some health problems this year that sidelined him. He truly deserves Hall of Fame for his true sportsmanship, and his dedication to the sport. Ask anyone in the Midwest about Mike, great person.

I love Mike, and I love his story, but if he gets in over my uncle Ira Bastin, my head might explode
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    I love Mike, and I love his story, but if he gets in over my uncle Ira Bastin, my head might explode
    Ira in the Dalton #96.....oh, the memories.

I really miss that era of DLM racing.

Hammerle and Klein should both be in a racing hall of fame. not sure if it should be for late models or not both had the most success in the St.Louis Allied modified style cars. Hammerle has probly done more in late models than Klein but they should both be in a hall of fame

Didn't make it to the feature last night.

^^^Newest Litey screen name rejoining 4m after yet another ban^^^?
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I like seeing his car at the track. It's like having a flashback to 1998 all over again, only somehow I'm still 31 years old. It's neat to see all the stuff that was done back then that I didn't notice when I was a 13 year old kid. That car is true work of art I don't care what anyone says, to be in that good of shape and to be as old as it is. It may not be the fastest thing out there, but it is awesome to look at.

I don't know much about the guys history, so I won't comment on if he should be in the HOF or not.

Im in the same boat at zyoung. Im a couple years older but definitely brings back memories to the 90s for me (the car, open hauler). I also dont know much about his history so I cant really comment on the HOF.

Late model hall??. No way. HOWEVER...the making a diamond out of $hit when it comes to race cars and parts hall of fame...yes. He was a total bad a$$ in St Louis when it came to modifieds . Holy crap did he have some dandy cars. Him, Dixon, Gundaker, and Klien had some real barn burner races back in the 80's and 90's. He deserves some kind of recognition for sure, just not late model.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    ^^^Newest Litey screen name rejoining 4m after yet another ban^^^?
    Not a chance. It would take Litey 4 days to spell > definitely < and it still wouldn't be right
    Quote Originally Posted by gator 49 View Post
    Mike is the nicest guy you could ever race with. He's a one man racer, does it all, driver, mechanic, tireman. Mike is still racing at 68+, had some health problems this year that sidelined him. He truly deserves Hall of Fame for his true sportsmanship, and his dedication to the sport. Ask anyone in the Midwest about Mike, great person.
    Absolutely agree! How many in their late 60's could still wheel a late model? Not many. Mike has been wheelin it longer than I can remember. He'd get my vote.
    8/13/16

Hammerle is a legend up here. Definitely deserves something.
    Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all the others are games. -Ernest Hemingway