Default Lucas Points at East Bay???

The first four night are non-points nights if I remember correctly. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Thanks

I was thinking at some point that only $10,000 or more are point races. Any race less than that, were not. Still correct?

Yes that is correct

I think that is horse-bleep, but that's just my opinion. If you want to have a series race, have a series race. If you don't want to, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I think that is horse-bleep, but that's just my opinion. If you want to have a series race, have a series race. If you don't want to, don't.
    Agree 100% and the knoxville nationals is the biggest joke of them all.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I don't really agree with you on this one, man. I believe they don't run 50-60 laps for the races earlier in the week, but even if they did if you made all of them points races it would really slant the championship towards drivers that excel at East Bay. I'd rather have them run more races even if they aren't points races and give the guys a chance to earn some money between the weekend features and give the fans a chance to see more racing.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Agree 100% and the knoxville nationals is the biggest joke of them all.
    Wow. The Knoxville Nationals is one of the best, if not the best, events of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Wow. The Knoxville Nationals is one of the best, if not the best, events of the year.
    Format is a joke with only one of your 2 nights counting towards line ups on Saturday, no heats Saturday, 3 races for $35 I'll pass. Nice track but terrible format for the fan.

Agree, Knoxville format sucks. Pay $10,000 Night 1 and 2 instead of $7000. Run 50 laps instead of 35. 3 complete points shows with the top 4 each night locked into night 3 A-Main.

Fair enough Snake, but let me explain my reasoning a bit further. Of course we all want to see more racing (especially on a racetrack where passing is possible).

We want to ride Bloomquist's nuts about not being there for his fans, how about the Lucas Series marketing the week as the "LUCAS OIL DIRT SERIES" events but only 1/3 of them count as points. This is misleading to a casual fan, and hell even a serious fan. You can't plaster Bloomquist's car all over the poster and then don't even require that he runs until Friday. Three of the LOLMDS staple full time guys (Bloomer, O'Neal, and Lanigan) didn't even run last night.....Oh and the ticket was $35. I just don't really care for it. False advertising is really what it is, regarding who will be racing. Aside from that, the racing was great.

Yea I have family that live 10 mins from track, I sent them the winter nationals "poster" from east bays site with pic of Scott labeling him as the 2016 champ. If they would have went they would of been looking for his car. I guess I don't understand how u call it a lucas race when it's a non point race.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I don't really agree with you on this one, man. I believe they don't run 50-60 laps for the races earlier in the week, but even if they did if you made all of them points races it would really slant the championship towards drivers that excel at East Bay. I'd rather have them run more races even if they aren't points races and give the guys a chance to earn some money between the weekend features and give the fans a chance to see more racing.
    I have to agree. If they where all points races, it would be a big advantage to someone that does well at this track and a disadvantage if you didn't do well at this track. Something I wonder about, is does Lucas Oil charge a sanction fee for these non sanctioned races, where the series racers have a choice of whether to participate or not? As a fan, it would feel like buying a big box of chocolates and finding out someone ate half of them already.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Format is a joke with only one of your 2 nights counting towards line ups on Saturday, no heats Saturday, 3 races for $35 I'll pass. Nice track but terrible format for the fan.
    The format has been the same since for quite some time (I think since year #2 as year #1 they split the field and teams had one opportunity to make $$$ - fans complained and drivers/teams complained about sitting out one night). Drivers and teams LOVE the current format. If they have a bad night on Thursday it doesn't ruin their weekend, they can redeem themselves and start up front on Saturday.

Fans that attend like it because a guy that messes up his night on Thursday doesn't load up and go somewhere else because his weekend is over (seen that at other big events).

Every lap on the track matters (time trials (bonus, for being fast you get sent to the back of your heat), only top 3 in heat go to prelim A (so they actually have to PASS cars), top 8 get inverted in the Prelim A (so again, you have to PASS cars). Points awarded for Time Trials, Heat Finish and Feature finish. Points determine line-up for Saturday.

Seems that the racing has always been top notch and with the exception of last year when (IMO) Marlar dominated, the 100 lap feature has been great as well.

To each his own I guess, but this format has worked out great every year so far. Since the fan count seems to increase every year I'm guessing they feel the same.

Fair enough Snake, but let me explain my reasoning a bit further. Of course we all want to see more racing (especially on a racetrack where passing is possible).

We want to ride Bloomquist's nuts about not being there for his fans, how about the Lucas Series marketing the week as the "LUCAS OIL DIRT SERIES" events but only 1/3 of them count as points. This is misleading to a casual fan, and hell even a serious fan. You can't plaster Bloomquist's car all over the poster and then don't even require that he runs until Friday. Three of the LOLMDS staple full time guys (Bloomer, O'Neal, and Lanigan) didn't even run last night.....Oh and the ticket was $35. I just don't really care for it. False advertising is really what it is, regarding who will be racing. Aside from that, the racing was great.
    You're right on that. It isn't clear that the races are non-points deals. Yeah...you can figure it out, but not everyone pays close attention. The cool thing about the East Bay non-points races is the shows like last night where it is only Late Models. Normally I like seeing support divisions, but the short and sweet 25 lappers with four heats, 2 B-Mains plus a Strawberry are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I have to agree. If they where all points races, it would be a big advantage to someone that does well at this track and a disadvantage if you didn't do well at this track. Something I wonder about, is does Lucas Oil charge a sanction fee for these non sanctioned races, where the series racers have a choice of whether to participate or not? As a fan, it would feel like buying a big box of chocolates and finding out someone ate half of them already.
    I don't know about the sanctioning fees. There are a couple of guys on here that might know. I couldn't find anything about it on the Lucas site or in the rules.

With the quality of the field they attracted to East Bay it doesn't bother me much if the Bowyer cars and Bloomer sit out. If I remember right (which I often don't) JD and a couple others sat out the Monday race at East Bay last year. And I can't remember if it was East Bay or Volusia, but I think JD drove Mason Zeigler's car one night as well. Those things are cool, but like Zach was saying, if you're paying $35 you want to see everyone running and a feature that is more than 25 laps.

And as you could see from all the empty seats last night, Bloomer, Lanigan, ONeal and JD were not the only ones that decided not to show up. Looks like a lot of fans sat this one out as well. I agree $35 for a $5000 to win 25 lap feature is a little on the steep side. Somewhere in the $25 range would have been appropriate.

Im pretty sure from what was said last nite that Bloomer was going to race, but injured his hand and had to go to a Hwy 60 strip club.....I mean Urgent care... for medical attention!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    The format has been the same since for quite some time (I think since year #2 as year #1 they split the field and teams had one opportunity to make $$$ - fans complained and drivers/teams complained about sitting out one night). Drivers and teams LOVE the current format. If they have a bad night on Thursday it doesn't ruin their weekend, they can redeem themselves and start up front on Saturday.Fans that attend like it because a guy that messes up his night on Thursday doesn't load up and go somewhere else because his weekend is over (seen that at other big events).Every lap on the track matters (time trials (bonus, for being fast you get sent to the back of your heat), only top 3 in heat go to prelim A (so they actually have to PASS cars), top 8 get inverted in the Prelim A (so again, you have to PASS cars). Points awarded for Time Trials, Heat Finish and Feature finish. Points determine line-up for Saturday.Seems that the racing has always been top notch and with the exception of last year when (IMO) Marlar dominated, the 100 lap feature has been great as well.To each his own I guess, but this format has worked out great every year so far. Since the fan count seems to increase every year I'm guessing they feel the same.
    The 100 lapper was the only good thing that happened last year and Marlar didn't dominate at all. The crowd at knoxville doesn't hold a candle to the crowd at eldora. When is the last time u have seen someone load up and go somewhere else to race? Only 1/2 of the laps matter if u run both Thursday and Friday. Agree to disagree.

Seeing the stands the last 2 nights, maybe they should think about charging 10 or 15 bucks the first couple nights. They could pack the place with locals.