Default Mastersbuilt smackdown wheel base

When setting my car up to the recommendations of 15 1/2 and 17 1/2 bar lengths the car comes out at 101" wheel base. Rule is 103". Anyone elsewhere had this issue?

A lot of cars are short on the left side. I can remember around 5 years ago, Tech checked them and you should have heard the crying. This also changes engine set back. Set back is fine with short WB, but too much at legal WB. I believe it was Cedar Lake. Must be a bad rule. It's not enforced. Throw it out. Meanwhile, Run the short WB, with option to adjust it to longer if or when needed. This is one of the areas, that make everyone racing a cheater. You can cheat the rule book or you can cheat your self. I overheard one official say, average them. 105 and 101 average to 103. LOL. And this is before wheel spacers.

Why would you ask on here and not Mastersbuilt?

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMAN View Post
    When setting my car up to the recommendations of 15 1/2 and 17 1/2 bar lengths the car comes out at 101" wheel base. Rule is 103". Anyone elsewhere had this issue?
    I think 102 is what is normal for them. Got busted by AMRA before they changed their rule.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Toe out and how you set caster will effect wheelbase.

So much for rule making bodies, no wonder everything is in such a disarray. They probably only enforce the rules on non-regulars, like Jason Fitzgerald. People, "wail & gnash their teeth" about Bloomer showing up late and running like Fido's backside, but nobody makes a peep about joe local getting tossed or rules being ignored. This is how things get really messed up and abominations like crate engines kill local late model racing, the rules aren't equally and consistently enforced. "Iceberg! Right Ahead!"
    Politically Incorrect.

I'm asking here because you never know what mood Keith will be in. Caster/camber and toe are set, It has s7 front. guess what I really would like to know is will lengthening my bars 2" to make it legal, will it adversely affect the car? They do check us... my GRT was dead on.

Well aside from what mood Keith might be in, you've posted in the Gossip section. You're going to get a lot more racers in the Tech section that can help you get your car lined out but some good answers have been provided.

Oops, my bad😆

I was gonna point out the section faux pah, but so many Nancy boys on here get their panties in a twist about that sort of thing.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMAN View Post
    I'm asking here because you never know what mood Keith will be in. Caster/camber and toe are set, It has s7 front. guess what I really would like to know is will lengthening my bars 2" to make it legal, will it adversely affect the car? They do check us... my GRT was dead on.

Call or look up Tader on FB, hes super nice. I stayed with them up there for a week once!